⚽️The Footy Thread: German Super Cup, International Champions Cup, Copa Libertadores

Status
Not open for further replies.
BRUUHHHHHHH!!! look at this ****. xavi is somewhere in tears

Was waiting for Dani to get yanked underground at the beginning on some space jam ish

Omo4.gif

That hole was deep af

Timbers playing like big trash lately smh. Just dropped outta playoff spot with no signs of winning any time soon
This is where we needed Adi. We cant finish. We controlled the tempo, created more chances and played a better brand of footy. Seattle just sat back and soaked in the pressure and got a lucky goal like they always do. Once we can finish we'll be back right up where we was. A lot of the teams ahead of us have played 2-3 more matches too.

The one thing I don't get with Sarri system is Kante & Gorginho, Kante is obviously the better defensive player, why not leave him in his natural holding position to protect the defense, and move Gorginho up where's he less exposed on defense, I think Kante is good enough to be press resistant

Can somebody break it down for me?

this was posted in the previous thread I believe
Jorginho is a Regista and with that meaning he's a playmaker that sits in the back as opposite as that sounds. Sarri wants his defense to be as senior and experienced as possible to his contentment. if you look at the video at 2:24 the back triangle they draw out I'm sure Sarri worked it out for Rudigier and DLuiz to be his confidants even tho i personally believe DLuiz is past his prime and Christsenen should be in the starting XI in his place

You can interchange Jorginho & Kante really but I think Sarri is comfortable with his guy. Plus with Kante pressing further up the pitch & covering as much ground as he does with his passing ability, it creates havoc for teams especially with English players that don't have the ability to hold onto the ball. I really like the idea of the 2 playing together.

If I were a Barca journalist, the first person I would've contacted after this weekend's game would've been Xavi for a quote. I know one has to be coming.

Looks like Dortmund is waiting for Paco to make the decision... Also looks like Thierry is going to turn down the Bordeaux because of the lack of dough available to make transfer purchases. I hope this is true bcs it's a crap job to take.

:lol: De Laurentiis busy chatting **** but missed paying rent several times for Stadio San Paolo... What a moron.

Edit - If ever a time not to be Spursy... I just wanted to see the Dotard's spirit crushed even further. :evil::smokin
giphy.gif

Last edited:

Guess he's retiring at the club

Bayern is always trying to rob clubs blind :lol:

Lol,we already know who won round 1

Can't wait until we get them matched up in the CL :nerd:

Sevilla's going for it in the market these last few days of the window,don't know if Real would just sit idle and allow him to go back to Spain elsewhere though...

Luis, Boateng, and Raki are an older, but possibly needed mixture of players.

The deal with Bayern should be Draxler for Thiago. We should just pay Boateng’s fee

I’d like to keep Rabiot, but if Barca really want him do the swap deal for Raki and run Thiago, Raki, and a DM in a 4-3-3 with Neymar Mbappe Cavani up front, Luis, Boateng, Thiago silva, and Dani in the back and obviously Buffon in the hole

Seems Paco's deal is just a loan

Couple of those earlier rumors already got quashed :lol:

That reason doesn't make any sense but I don't mind,Bayern can continue to get bounced in the CL with their geriatric wingers

I'm ok with getting boateng out of here. He looked super washed in the first match friday. Getting anything over 20 million is a huge win. All those leg injuries the last few years really did him in, he looks like he's moving in cement now. I'll gladly take the sule/hummels (maybe pavard) pairing in the back. I would love to add pavard while moving out boateng.

Boateng been washed or more appropriately waaaaay overrated as a defender just like oompa loompa on Barca. Ya'll caped for him so hard. :lol::smh:

:lol: @ the P$G war... That club's been pissed at Barca since the Catalans tried to pouch Marquinhos years ago. And rightfully so, P$G have every right to be pissed. I think they were behind the fifa punishment for the youth players.

Maynnnnnnn Benfica ain’t paying no 25 million euro for Rafinha..... these agents out here pushing all types of nonsense in the news.... :lol:

No update on the PSG FFP situation. Seems rather curious that they’d even threaten imposing any sanction so close to the deadline. This ish is just a shakedown attempt imo. I don’t trust any of these corrupt sports governing bodies (i.e. FIFA, International Olympic Committee, Platini getting banned from football while being president of UEFA.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom