⚽️The Footy Thread: German Super Cup, International Champions Cup, Copa Libertadores

Status
Not open for further replies.
People don’t watch women’s soccer. I’ve literally watched 3 women’s matches in 4 years.

I think the women should all get paid well but I’m not a sponsor and I’m not the one paying their wages. It’s easy for me to say, “women’s soccer players should get paid equally to the men’s” cause It doesn’t affect me either way.

But women don’t generate the same amount of money as the men’s. in reality it’s 2 completely different sports.
The viewership for men’s was like 3.4 billion at the World Cup. For women it was like 550 million.
Everyone in here loves football but no one can tell me where any of these players play their club football.

It’s really more akin to comparing major league to a minor league.

Should d league champions get paid more than the worst nba players?

Am I wrong for looking at it like this?
If I am i’ll Apologize in advance.

You're not wrong for looking at it like this, you're actually right: https://www.forbes.com/sites/mikeoz...ween-men-and-women-is-justified/#5e42dcbf6da4

But let's ignore all rational thinking and common sense and pay them the same as men because it's the "right" thing to do :rolleyes

If they can gather the same following and support and back it up with numbers why not. To me it's like entry level workers saying they want to be paid the same as the CEO. It dont work like that.

They just need to keep branding and garnering fans so in the future women athletes can be paid more. Good for them to speak their mind but it's not gonna happen overnight.

Parabens, meu irmao! Still vividly remember watching in Mykonos with my girl. Got nervy when Cristiano limped off in tears after 25, when Payet injured his knee. Why not byke to byke in the Euro? :emoji_flag_pt::emoji_flag_pt:

Early but anyone planning to do the multi-national thang in '20?

Back to back euro champs?! Why not? We already started qualifying right where we left off in 16. Drawing our first two games. We’ll draw our way to the final again if we have to.

One of the best videos I’ve seen from the euros. Gets me every time I watch this

I do want to go to the next one. Going to be all over the place with some games in Spain but none in Portugal and the final in wembley. Have to see where nossa selecao is drawn to first.

Sarri barking, yelling, pointing, screaming. Dude does not play around. He breathes football. That’s why cigarettes won’t kill him :lol:

Higuian still fat and much balder.

Juve’s YouTube channel is the best out. Wish more clubs did this. I remember watching Pogba vs Allegri in a basketball and kicking shootout. Fun watch.

Aye bruh leave my dreams out of this.
Not a similar comparison:lol:

I’m hopeful. Champ is delusional
Falador passa mal, entende?

Pep ain't coming back to Camp Nou in two years. His next move will be to Italia.

Coupé It Coupé It & @AZwildcats, as for Militao, where am I lying? I get most of the MdL love. He's way ahead of the curve for centre-halfs. Was probably Ajax's second-most important player after Frenkie. But y'all too eager to crown de Light as the next VvD. Militao is only 20 months older. Versatile as hell. Can play CB, RB and CDM. RM got ourselves baby Marquinhos. I expect him to phase out Sergio Ramos sooner than later, who just turned 33. Ramos only under contract another two campaigns. I'm pulling receipts when both Militao and Demiral end up better than MdL.

Edit:
Squad BYKE.
883.JPG

Last edited:
Falador passa mal, entende?

Pep ain't coming back to Camp Nou in two years. His next move will be to Italia.

Coupé It Coupé It & @AZwildcats, as for Militao, where am I lying? I get most of the MdL love. He's way ahead of the curve for centre-halfs. Was probably Ajax's second-most important player after Frenkie. But y'all too eager to crown de Light as the next VvD. Militao is only 20 months older. Versatile as hell. Can play CB, RB and CDM. RM got ourselves baby Marquinhos. I expect him to phase out Sergio Ramos sooner than later, who just turned 33. Ramos only under contract another two campaigns. I'm pulling receipts when both Militao and Demiral end up better than MdL.

Edit:
Squad BYKE.
883.JPG
More photoshop material for hazard’s fat *** :lol:

If they can gather the same following and support and back it up with numbers why not. To me it's like entry level workers saying they want to be paid the same as the CEO. It dont work like that.

They just need to keep branding and garnering fans so in the future women athletes can be paid more. Good for them to speak their mind but it's not gonna happen overnight.

Rapinoe has had the highest selling jersey in all of American sports for the past month. In a country where the overwhelming majority of sports fans don’t give a damn about footy..

We just saw the USMNT play in the gold cup final against Mexico, in Chicago, and the crowd was about 90-95% El Tri fans. The USWNT fans traveled extremely well as support to the World Cup. Almost every match excluding the one against host nation France, the US had more fans in attendance and were louder.

4 world cups, back to back champs, compared to a men’s team that is a national embarrassment.

If you want to use a corporate analogy I’ll put it like this; The USWNT is like the person that’s been with the company for 20 years and always performs to the highest degree possible. The USMNT is the complete antithesis of that, is a slacker and even fails to meet company goals, but yet, the CEO and executives of the organization constantly pick the USMNT for promotions and raises. All because of who they are and not their work ethic.

Quite frankly, the women’s team should be paid even more than the men. Based upon the two resumes.

Just my two cents.

Sarri barking, yelling, pointing, screaming. Dude does not play around. He breathes football. That’s why cigarettes won’t kill him :lol:

Higuian still fat and much balder.

Juve’s YouTube channel is the best out. Wish more clubs did this. I remember watching Pogba vs Allegri in a basketball and kicking shootout. Fun watch.

Naw, Man City's channel got the best football content on youtube

champcruthik champcruthik how you just going to ignore me like that smh lol
Lol, my B :lol:. That’s dope y’all hittin’ Wembley. For some reason, never messed with Londres like that. I’m in Europe three times a year for holiday, gotta line up March for ‘20.

Speaking of catching up on the thread, jape jape , Thierry Henry Thierry Henry and I were chatting about “Regele’s” boy during the U-21 Euro. Ianis gonna be a star and certainly make pops proud in Romania.

@Diego Pasta, where you at in NJ? @flyeed, mastamind89 mastamind89 and I were working on a NT footy summit in NYC.

Lol, my B :lol:. That’s dope y’all hittin’ Wembley. For some reason, never messed with Londres like that. I’m in Europe three times a year for holiday, gotta line up March for ‘20.

Speaking of catching up on the thread, jape jape , Thierry Henry Thierry Henry and I were chatting about “Regele’s” boy during the U-21 Euro. Ianis gonna be a star and certainly make pops proud in Romania.

@Diego Pasta, where you at in NJ? @flyeed, mastamind89 mastamind89 and I were working on a NT footy summit in NYC.
Facts. if I were arsenal I would be trying to scoop him up
Actually if I were any club I would be trying to scoop him up.
I really see a lot of potential in him. Certain players make me watch them the whole match on and off the ball and he’s def one of them.

Sign and loan for a big club seems like the best decision.

20 minutes outside of Newark, in Union County. I float around a lot though, spend tons of time in Montclair and Newark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom