⚽️The Footy Thread: German Super Cup, International Champions Cup, Copa Libertadores

Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol:
i just find it absolutely unacceptable and unbelievable to be an athlete and look like this

hazard legit would probably score 10+ more goals if he was in better shape
i don't think hazard has hit 20+ goals in one epl season his entire career. thats crazy

:lol:
i just find it absolutely unacceptable and unbelievable to be an athlete and look like this

hazard legit would probably score 10+ more goals if he was in better shape
i don't think hazard has hit 20+ goals in one epl season his entire career. thats crazy

I find it unacceptable too, extremely unprofessional given the fact you’re being paid millions and your image is a part of that.

But Hazard’s story isn’t new. Every manger he’s ever had has always mentioned his lack of work ethic in one way or another. It’s just super magnified now that he’s on RM. Everything will be super magnified from now on, he can’t hide anymore.

The women should be paid equal to the men by the USSF, regardless of what their sport generates. It’s like a college not giving women athletes scholarships worth the same as men (whose sports generate way more than the girls).

Last edited:
I didn’t say they weren’t professionals
Moreso the product they put it out isn’t as good
D league players are professionals ...just not as good which is why they don’t get paid as much.

And I don’t watch women’s soccer cause barca takes all my time. I barely have enough time to watch American football and basketball

Have you watched women’s club football?
I couldn’t even find a match if I wanted to

And you can’t just disregard the lack of viewership...that’s literally the reason why they get paid less.

So do you think the LA spark (if they won the championship) should get paid more than the lakers players because they didn’t make the playoffs?

I’m not ignoring viewership, my point is thats just the surface.

D-league the minor league to the NBA. By comparing WNBA to D-league instead of NBA you devalue their craft. Devaluing their craft is why ppl do not watch. I don’t watch club level because it isn’t aired where I live. I’d watch women’s club level over MLS.

Take physicality away and what la the difference between the sports?

I made this point several times when ppl were telling me he was world class and best epl player.

He’s actually only scored more than 15 once. Still a amazing player but just adding in that two cents since y’all was talking about his goal return in the league

I made this point several times when ppl were telling me he was world class and best epl player.

A lot of us did, it’s not like it was an unpopular opinion. :lol:

But I remember me, you, Louie, and Tom. saying as much couple years ago (but then again Tom said Daniel Sturridge was the best EPL player :lol: )

Hazard is still a world class player tho, he just never the heights he could have if he worked harder. But now the pressure is on him 100x larger being at RM.

Its why I always said getting him without getting a goalscorer would have been dumb, he's an elite creator, not scorer.

Damn I didn't realize the UEFA homegrown rule might effect who sell, or we might say **** it and lose some slots

Last edited:
RM still planning to go into the season with Courtois in goal....

giphy.gif

RM still planning to go into the season with Courtois in goal....

giphy.gif

Well Navas looks like he’s staying so if Courtois keeps getting nutmegged for goals Zidane will have no problem starting Navas, regardless of what Florentino wants. So RM have an out if necessary.

Champ what are your thoughts on Hazard. You’ve been an objective RM all these years.
You may have noticed I've intentionally avoided weighing in on the Hazard signing. Here's why. Zizou is now forced to start Hazard at LW. That is bad for Vinicius and will stunt his growth, com certeza. I believe the young Brazuca earned the right to start every match until further notice. He was one of the lone bright spots in an otherwise disappointing campaign across the board. RM had trouble scoring gols, took no pride in defending and didn't protect the Bernabeu as a home fortress. But now with Eden in the capital, you either flip Vini to RW, which he's less comfortable at, or bring him off the bench, why I don't believe is fair. It also impacts Marco Asensio. There's added pressure to sell the Spaniard now because of limited spots and minutes on the wings. The issue is value. Had RM pondered selling Asensio after the 2017-18 campaign, we might have fetched around 75M for him. After a poor campaign, his market value has plummeted to what, two-thirds of that? Not even sure the LFC rumors for 60M+ are true. To boot, why the hell would Liverpool swap us Mane for Asensio? Mane is only four years older than Marco. There's really no argument to be made that Asensio is better than Sadio either. I haven't even mentioned Brahim Diaz, who scored a lovely goal when I was there live at Anoeta.

I know business transactions take time in the world of futebol but we need to start seeing some action at RM. Find and finish the sales of Nacho, Mariano, Bale, Marcelo, Vazquez. Loan Ceballos to Spurs. Sell Isco only if you receive offers upwards of 75M euros. Otherwise I have faith Zizou can fit Isco into his short-term and long-term plans.

You guys have touched on Eden's work ethic, or lack thereof. He's like the anti-Ronnie. It's not about aesthetics, more so fitness and conditioning. I don't care if he or Isco have 'dad bods,' as long as they're ready to play and perform. What troubled me at Stamford Bridge is that far too often Hazard would drift out of Chelsea matches. That can't happen when the futebol world is calling you one of the best in the EPL. As the Chelsea talisman, you should know and expect the pressure, burdens and responsibilities of being a global superstar. Can't take it? Then don't accept the RM move. Don't rake in the wages and extensive media coverage.

Edit:
I bet you guys as we go deeper into the La Liga campaign and CL, RM ends up with Navas over Courtois between the sticks.

Last edited:
You may have noticed I've intentionally avoided weighing in on the Hazard signing. Here's why. Zizou is now forced to start Hazard at LW. That is bad for Vinicius and will stunt his growth, com certeza. I believe the young Brazuca earned the right to start every match until further notice. He was one of the lone bright spots in an otherwise disappointing campaign across the board. RM had trouble scoring gols, took no pride in defending and didn't protect the Bernabeu as a home fortress. But now with Eden in the capital, you either flip Vini to RW, which he's less comfortable at, or bring him off the bench, why I don't believe is fair. It also impacts Marco Asensio. There's added pressure to sell the Spaniard now because of limited spots and minutes on the wings. The issue is value. Had RM pondered selling Asensio after the 2017-18 campaign, we might have fetched around 75M for him. After a poor campaign, his market value has plummeted to what, two-thirds of that? Not even sure the LFC rumors for 60M+ are true. To boot, why the hell would Liverpool swap us Mane for Asensio? Mane is only four years older than Marco. There's really no argument to be made that Asensio is better than Sadio either. I haven't even mentioned Brahim Diaz, who scored a lovely goal when I was there live at Anoeta.

I know business transactions take time in the world of futebol but we need to start seeing some action at RM. Find and finish the sales of Nacho, Mariano, Bale, Marcelo, Vazquez. Loan Ceballos to Spurs. Sell Isco only if you receive offers upwards of 75M euros. Otherwise I have faith Zizou can fit Isco into his short-term and long-term plans.

You guys have touched on Eden's work ethic, or lack thereof. He's like the anti-Ronnie. It's not about aesthetics, more so fitness and conditioning. I don't care if he or Isco have 'dad bods,' as long as they're ready to play and perform. What troubled me at Stamford Bridge is that far too often Hazard would drift out of Chelsea matches. That can't happen when the futebol world is calling you one of the best in the EPL. As the Chelsea talisman, you should know and expect the pressure, burdens and responsibilities of being a global superstar. Can't take it? Then don't accept the RM move. Don't rake in the wages and extensive media coverage.

Edit:
I bet you guys as we go deeper into the La Liga campaign and CL, RM ends up with Navas over Courtois between the sticks.

Well said my man, very well said. Salute. I agree with almost everything. Hazard definitely has always has a tendency to drift away. It’s always been extremely puzzling to me.

He’s always been so inconsistent in the EPL, and extremely prone to disappearing in the CL. Those were my other concerns as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom