⚽️The Footy Thread: German Super Cup, International Champions Cup, Copa Libertadores

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, his management is baffling to me. I don't think any of the young/about to hit their prime players have a chance to do well under him. That's why when they signed Frenkie de Jong, my reaction was more like "let's see how he does" rather than "oh @@$@ , they got him!"
at least frenkie is for the future. barca just need a manager to inspire again.
lucho did that. valverde doesn't. id take beautiful football over anything tbh. i want quique or sarri. idc idc

but barca have a great post messi/busquets core.
umtiti, lenglet, semedo, arthur, alena, de jong, coutinho, dembele, malcom
just need a mendy, a striker, and CB but maybe todibo can be that for barca
thats a squad

Last edited:
Pepe is way overrated... He can def score & dribble but he can pass/cross for ish... If he goes to a bigger team he's going to be immediately exposed for that...
i'd take your word for it. you think he's good where he's at?

Kante, Rudiger, Azpi, RLC, CHO (too late though), Ampadu, Higuain, Christensen and Kepa can stay.

Everyone else should leave. The effort isn’t there.

If you're keeping Sarri, its not all bad, you should have a lot of money to work with if you do sell Hazard, CHO, Willian, Pedro, Alonso, I think you should sell Kante if you're not gonna play him at his position

That's a decent amount of money to start rebuilding the team with

i like where kante plays now. he shuts down that whole side. he's not offensively gifted enough to be a lone pivot imo.
but chelsea can't sell kante. he's the 1st player you keep.

Yeah but you got Jorginho (50+ million transfer fee) behind him, who's a turn style, Sarri won't play them in a double pivot

You could have got Ndombele who's a much better player for that price

Spurs offered around 45m for Ndombele last summer but Aulas refused. He initially seemed open to the offer but then deemed it "insufficient" and talks stalled.

Spurs offered around 45m for Ndombele last summer but Aulas refused. He initially seemed open to the offer but then deemed it "insufficient" and talks stalled.
Sounds like he got other offers. Probably more money. 45 is low for ndombele.

Lmfao Ramsey's deal with Juve is supposedly £400K per week, according to the Ornacle. Hopefully this is before tax.

Big mistake by Dubravka. Let the ball slip right through his hands for Boly to head it in. Fun finish to the game though.

A healthy Thiago and James are HUGE for us especially with the Liverpool tie coming up next week. Glad to finally have a majority of our guys healthy.

Also, wtf kind of rehab did Tolisso do?! He's a full participant in practice just 4.5 months after ACL surgery. That's faster than Adrian Peterson's miraculous recovery

I recorded the Chelsea City thrashing but didn't watch it live. Before I deleted it off the dvr, I peeped it, fast forwarding & rewinding here & there.

A couple of things stand out... ross barkley sucks. He looked like he was gonna flourish under Sarri when the campaign started but nah. Kovacic isn't what was hyped. Maybe it's the system but he's all hype. One of the glaring things is he's got terrible stamina. Sarri is kinda stuck with these 2 & subs one for the other.

I thought he was a deent defender but Marcos Alonso is a wingback & isn't a very good full back in terms of defending.

Higuain & Jorginho were stuck on islands by themselves... Higuain was stuck out front with pretty much no service & Jorginho was asked to cover too much ground because the back 4 for this team sucks.

Rudiger, Alonso, Cesar, & Luiz suck. Just basic defending, collectively & individually, they suck. They do such a bad job of reading a play & marking players, they react terribly... Both flanks were left basically wide open... City kept creeping behind Chelsea pretty much all game.

Not sure Sarri has been reading them the riot act or not behind closed doors but this team's biggest problem is it doesn't have the heart to defend. They've collectively switched off. Not sure if they're tuning Sarri out at this point.

Lastly, Hazard definitely looks like he's checked out.

I hope he does get s#@t canned bcs I would take Sarri at Barca in a heart beat.

From in the politics thread:
:lol: A case study of conservatism/right wing extremism gone bad (certainly some xenophobia in there a bit).

Eff the UK & it’s crappy football league. La Liga is the superior football anyway.
The disrespect for da prem :smh:

You in here snitchin’ from the political thread. :lol:

Everyone in here knows how I feel about that crappy *ss league.

Had the wolves/newcastle game on today while I was working from home. That ish was hilariously bad.

****** ****** plz... I told ya’ll dummies I liked Sarri a lot so I watch his Chelsea team from time to time. Plus he was playing against Pep. I def don’t watch “every game” bcs the football is terrible to watch. There was literally nothing else on tv so I threw that in while I worked. Since losing beIN I tried watching Prem games but I gave that ish up late Nov. Football in that league is f***ing horrendous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom