⚽️The Footy Thread: German Super Cup, International Champions Cup, Copa Libertadores

Status
Not open for further replies.
That post-Sevilla interview was when he started to lose me for good,it was a disgrace coming from a United manager and laid clear that he wasn't fit for the job and wasn't in it for the club or anyone else besides himself

Madridistas are gonna be in for a special in hell next season if the reports are to be believed...

what did solari do different than lopetegui?
i tried to differentiate the two but it's hard cause lopetegui switched lineups often

lopetegui > solari imo

also, in hindsight i don't think it was right to alienate asensio for vinicius.
hes probably the most clinical finisher madrid have right now.
and as good as vinicius is, he wasn't ready for the level of competition in the champions league
Lopetegui was easily a better coach, that long goal drought is what killed him, people get on him for not playing Vinicius but the only reason he got on the field is because every forward besides him & Vazquez and Benz were hurt. Another reason i think Lopetegui failed is he didn't play the fresh legs at the beginning of the season, fitness really cost him. I'm not exactly sure about his man management but these are players he knew and trusted, Flo should have got him a goal scorer. Honestly in just on field capacity Ronaldo would flourished in lopetegui's system. As far as Marcelo, he wasn't at his best under lopetegui but he was still creating chances.

Lotta Tagliafico to RM rumors right now, I would think he would like to go somewhere he can have stable playing time. I don't where Ziyek's quality lands him but I love his confidence on the field. Neres should probably stay another season. MDL can go anywhere he wants.

RM looks like its finally getting a women's team, long overdue.

Last edited:

Armada Armada

4177EE27-3035-4D9C-990E-5AEF25F79A88.gif

I also blame Solari for the Vinicius injury. Dude was trying to ride that wagon until the wheels fell off. And it did. It was clear he was exhausted during the last Clasico. And we had 3 matches in the span of 7 days. This dude just kept playing and playing him. The reality is we should have rotated guys in the league Clasico.

Ideally they should make this kind of public reporting on VAR decisions mandatory.
https://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/news/newsid=2594607.html?iv=true&iv=true
UEFA Champions League VAR decisions explained
Following this week’s UEFA Champions League matches, UEFA wishes to provide additional information and elements that were taken into consideration by the VAR and referees in reaching various decisions.
c2cb05dea3d7e4095ad0ae65605846c2.png

3e091f76700cd93ce65baa2f62db84af.png

146acfceeb07e419282810c49b72dc42.png

I don’t agree with that call but I do think they are doing the right thing releasing the refs reasoning for why he made the decision he did

So Uncle Pat was catching heat in the french press from ex P$G players for his celebration in the stands:

Jérôme Rothen (ex-PSG player & pundit):

"You're in the presidential box at Parc-des-Princes, how dare you celebrate like that in front of the PSG fans? Go celebrate like that in the United dressing room. Respect the people at the stadium, don't jump with joy and disrespect the people who pay to go to these games. Paul Pogba? No problem, he's a United player so he can celebrate. But you Patrice? He's my friend, been a while since I talked to him, but fecking hell, you cannot do that!"

Here was his response

"I was told Jérôme said some nasty things about me. I didn't believe it but then I was shown the video. You son of a leaky condom...oops, sorry Mr. Rothen. I really like your father too, look at what you made me do. You really are mad, aren't you my little blonde? Your reward, next time I see you, I'm going to slap you in the face. These aren't empty threats, you know we'll see each other eventually. We ate from the same plate, we played together. I had to dribble everyone, even the goalie, so that you could cross the ball back when we played together, and now you talk like this? Not you...you forget so soon. You were always a salty prick. I remember when L'Equipe gave you a rating of 5 and our other teammates got 7, since you were so paranoid of the ratings, you would call the journalist and ask "Why did you give me a 7??!?" Piece of sh...I will stay polite. Stop telling bull****, stop telling lies. Be careful, because we will cross roads eventually. I'm sure we will."

:rofl::rofl:

He continued about the criticism he's gotten in the french media:

"Before the 1st leg, I made a motivational video for the United players. Then I had PSG fans saying 'What is this ****** doing', 'You need to get behind French clubs in Europe', 'You forgot to take your anti-depressants?', etc. Then PSG win the match 2-0, and massive respect to the PSG away fans in that game. After the match I posted a picture with me lifting the CL."

"3 weeks ago I made a post on Instagram telling PSG fans to watch out for the remontada, since you are big experts on that topic. PSG fans were telling me that I was such a moron, and that United aren't anywhere near as good as Barça was. BAF! I was in visionary mode!"

"The whole match there was a well-dressed guy in a suit, sitting behind me and Paul, yelling "IÇI C'EST PARIS!" and constantly looking at me. I didn't say anything until the game finished, when I recorded a video in which me and Paul were yelling "IÇI C'EST MANCHESTER!" as revenge."

"French press thinks I'm an enemy of the state for rooting against PSG. Yellow jacket protests? My fault. PSG's elimination? My fault. The French press is too focused on my celebrations, but I don't care."

"For the kids born after the iPhone X that can't understand the greatness of my career, I will do a little summary... but the haters will probably keep lying about me to the new generations. For you to decide if it's a **** career..."

2001-2002 OGC NICE: Promoted to Ligue 1, Voted best LB of Ligue 2.

2002-2006 AS MONACO FC: 1 Coupe de la Ligue, Voted Best Young French Player, 4 times in a row voted best LB of Ligue 1, Champions League Finalist, Voted 2nd best defender in Europe and I was in l’Équipe's Team of the Year.

2006-2013 MANCHESTER UNITED. 5x Champions of England, 1x Champions League, 3x Champions League finalist, CWC champion, 4x League Cup, 5x Community Shield, Voted 4 times best LB of the PL, Voted best LB in the world.

2013-2016 JUVENTUS: 2x Scudetti, 2x Coppa Italia, 1x Supercoppa Italia, 1x Champions League finalist.

2016-2018 OLYMPIQUE de MARSEILLE : When I came, the club was 12th I believe. Finished 5th, Qualification for Europa League. Played in all group games before my 'incident'...my teammates went to the final.

ÉQUIPE de FRANCE Quarter-Finals 2014 World Cup, Euro 2016 Finalist 81 caps.

2018-2019 WEST HAM: Stayed in the Premier League.

Total: 21

2019: To be continued... don’t be jealous I just wanna share "

Hope he never changes :lol::pimp:

Last edited:
So players are told to not turn their body and are Cautioned about hand/arm placement and still ppl take issue with the decision. Rules is rules

Patty>>>>

Last edited:
So Uncle Pat was catching heat in the french press from ex P$G players for his celebration in the stands:

"You're in the presidential box at Parc-des-Princes, how dare you celebrate like that in front of the PSG fans? Go celebrate like that in the United dressing room. Respect the people at the stadium, don't jump with joy and disrespect the people who pay to go to these games. Paul Pogba? No problem, he's a United player so he can celebrate. But you Patrice? He's my friend, been a while since I talked to him, but fecking hell, you cannot do that!"

Here was his response

"I was told Jérôme said some nasty things about me. I didn't believe it but then I was shown the video. You son of a leaky condom...oops, sorry Mr. Rothen. I really like your father too, look at what you made me do. You really are mad, aren't you my little blonde? Your reward, next time I see you, I'm going to slap you in the face. These aren't empty threats, you know we'll see each other eventually. We ate from the same plate, we played together. I had to dribble everyone, even the goalie, so that you could cross the ball back when we played together, and now you talk like this? Not you...you forget so soon. You were always a salty prick. I remember when L'Equipe gave you a rating of 5 and our other teammates got 7, since you were so paranoid of the ratings, you would call the journalist and ask "Why did you give me a 7??!?" Piece of sh...I will stay polite. Stop telling bull****, stop telling lies. Be careful, because we will cross roads eventually. I'm sure we will."

:rofl: :rofl:

Here was his response

He really didn't have to go this hard on that dude :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom