⚽️The Footy Thread: German Super Cup, International Champions Cup, Copa Libertadores

Status
Not open for further replies.
everytime i watch madrid asensio makes goals happen
not sure why he was alienated for vini... vini is cold but not on asensio's level yet
the bigger issue was not playing them together, Asensio was also injured for a portion of Vinicius's rise, again Solari

I can see CHO making the same kind of impact as Jadon if he leaves Chelsea for Bayern. vtotheinay vtotheinay , are Bavarian outlets still convinced CHO is coming in the summer to take the #10 shirt? Man's shown what he's capable of in EL. Sarri just hasn't played him regularly, or enough.

Yup all reports are that it's still a go. Also Lucas Hernandez looks to be all but wrapped up as well. Gonna be nice to see us finally spend some $$ this summer. It's been needed for years. That 40-45 mill transfer record for the club is finally dunzo

Isco back and playing, Marcelo starting, Bale scoring, Asensio being influential, Navas in net...

Zidane's restoring the feeling I see

Dortmund already down 1 in the 4th minute, old man Kalou scores an easy tap in off a rebound from the goalkeeper's hands.

Yup all reports are that it's still a go. Also Lucas Hernandez looks to be all but wrapped up as well. Gonna be nice to see us finally spend some $$ this summer. It's been needed for years. That 40-45 mill transfer record for the club is finally dunzo
I wouldn’t count on CHO leaving especially if Hazard leaves (which looks likely). And if the transfer ban is upheld for this summer, there is no way both will be allowed to leave.

it is celta though...just saying
they are getting relegated

fabian delph is a terrible player

Appreciate Delph for doing a decent job filling in well last year but don’t wanna see him start an important match again. Needs to be taken off at halftime for Aguero and switch to a back 3

I wouldn’t count on CHO leaving especially if Hazard leaves (which looks likely). And if the transfer ban is upheld for this summer, there is no way both will be allowed to leave.
I hear you but the thing is, with both Hazard's and CHO's contracts ending in 2020, there's no way Chelsea's board lets either player run down their contracts for nothing. That's assuming Hazard officially decides to leave for RM and if CHO remains determined to jet for Bayern. The club has no leverage with one year left on their deals and both key players potentially wanting to depart Stamford Bridge.

Edit:
It's a bit similar to Tottenham's situation with Alderweireld. Poch has known for a while the Belgian international is gone summer of 2020, it's the reason he's rapidly integrated Dav and Foyth in central defence. Spurs almost have to sell Alderweireld summer of 2019 to not let his contract run down, which activates his 25-million pound release clause. You only keep him for the 2019-20 campaign, if Poch is absolutely convinced keeping Alderweireld significantly boosts Tottenham's chances of winning the EPL. And right now, a lot to be determined in the summer window, but you can't say Spurs would be favored over LFC, City or MU moving forward.

Last edited:
I hear you but the thing is, with both Hazard's and CHO's contracts ending in 2020, there's no way Chelsea's board lets either player run down their contracts for nothing. That's assuming Hazard officially decides to leave for RM and if CHO remains determined to jet for Bayern. The club has no leverage with one year left on their deals and both key players potentially wanting to depart Stamford Bridge.

You hit the nail on the head. CHO has supposedly told Chelsea that if they don't let him go to Bayern this summer he will sign a pre contract with us next winter and go for free. I think Chelsea will probably want to take the money rather than that situation

You’re absolutely right about not having leverage. But I think we’ll be forced to take the risk and keep CHO if we can’t bring in any replacements. No way we can survive a year with just Willian, Pedro, & Pulisic on the wings. Possibly could give Musonda a shot, but I don’t know what’s going on with him.

Also, CHO would stand to gain from Hazard leaving. That would definitely open up more playing time for him.

But we’ll see what happens..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom