⚽️THE FOOTY THREAD: Leicester v City, Lyon v Brest, Troyes v PSG, Sandhausen v Leipzig, Wiesbaden v BVB

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still don’t think cutting clubs from irrelevant leagues in exchange for better teams, and corrupt UEFA as the middle man was a bad idea in principle. If done correctly it would mean more money for clubs who inevitably spend it to acquire players through fees+wages. So ultimately it’d mean more money going to players too.

But the fact they wanted to make it a closed-shop football mafia was awful. So I understand the hate for that. I’m completing on board with cutting out UEFA though. Yes we’d lose some of the sentimentality of the champions league, ie the anthem and stars. But there’s too many crooks eating off this. Flo and co need to re-visit the execution and make qualifying about merit. But with the propaganda machines behind networks with CL rights and sour tastes people are still feeling, it wouldn’t happen any time soon.
While I agree that it had its kinks to work out, I was fine with said clubs establishing it. They are the clubs who could afford to fund it, plus they are the original old dogs of Championship football. The fact that UEFA is bringing in x amount of money and no one actually knows what that amount is exposes that something is wrong. Then we have the British supporters marching about throwing flares, but they won't keep that same energy about the racism within the game. Total jackasses.

Euros and Copa America running simultaneously is gonna be a problem

problem for who? It’s going to be a great summer. I took a whole month off of work for the euros and I just saw the schedule for copa. Talking about over 12 hours of soccer on some days. The first copa game starts right after the last euro game of the day. There’s going to be some drunk full kit wanker days ahead for me. Just hope there’s not too much COVID outbreaks within the teams

problem for who? It’s going to be a great summer. I took a whole month off of work for the euros and I just saw the schedule for copa. Talking about over 12 hours of soccer on some days. The first copa game starts right after the last euro game of the day. There’s going to be some drunk full kit wanker days ahead for me. Just hope there’s not too much COVID outbreaks within the teams
Problem with me being productive :lol:

Kappa is not that bad, they’ve made/make good kits. But this is still disappointing because Nike treated them right (even tho a Nike is hit or miss nowadays).

1623255924069.jpeg

1623255970612.jpeg
Disappointed in that move, Venezia probably had the nicest kits for a few years running, along with Roma who's leaving Nike too.

**** those dudes and their clean *** kits.

I paid over $200 to get some stuff sent over from Italy and it never arrived. :lol: :smh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom