⚽️THE FOOTY THREAD: Leicester v City, Lyon v Brest, Troyes v PSG, Sandhausen v Leipzig, Wiesbaden v BVB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Italia and Portugal. Book it.
should’ve been the final in 2012 if Ronaldo wasn’t trying to hog the spotlight and Take the last penalty

Italy might be the biggest sleeper. We to turn in our picks for all cups asap

Italia and Portugal. Book it.
should’ve been the final in 2012 if Ronaldo wasn’t trying to hog the spotlight and Take the last penalty

That is the reason why I don't see Portugal going far. His ego and him wanting to be the hero detracts from the team.

I still maintain that Portugal won the 2016 final because he got hurt and the players could play freely and be themselves

That is the reason why I don't see Portugal going far. His ego and him wanting to be the hero detracts from the team.

I still maintain that Portugal won the 2016 final because he got hurt and the players could play freely and be themselves
But would Portugal have even made the final without him? I don’t think this is like Sweden with Zlatan.
You could also argue that losing Ronaldo in the final gave the players an adrenaline rush and extra subconscious motivation. Kinda like the sudden improvement you see sometimes in a team that goes down to 10 men.

At the end of the day I’m just speculating though, I haven’t seen or recalled enough of Portugal to make a properly informed judgement.

Coupé It Coupé It
Thoughts on this debate?

Last edited:
But would Portugal have even made the final without him? I don’t think this is like Sweden with Zlatan.
You could also argue that losing Ronaldo in the final gave the players an adrenaline rush and extra subconscious motivation. Kinda like the sudden improvement you see sometimes in a team that goes down to 10 men.

At the end of the day I’m just speculating though, I haven’t seen or recalled enough of Portugal to make a properly informed judgement.

Coupé It Coupé It
Thoughts on this debate?

We’re not there without Ronaldo, no Ronaldo no Final. ANYTHING can happen in a Final (if you know football, you know this). Ronaldo did his job, just being there in the Final was gift.

Santos parked the bus all game, it was the right move because France was so much more talented. That was Portugal’s only chance.

France were caught slipping after 110 mins of grueling intense football and Eder surprised them with a beauty from 30 yards out. Bang. History is made.

Now do I think Portugal are better served without Ronaldo this tournament? - Hell F’kin No. Scoring is going to be a big part of whether or not we make it far this tournament.

We need a 36 year old Ronaldo - We need him in the air, in the box, on the counter, as a poacher, making runs to create chaos/space/opportunities, or from the penalty spot. Just being a threat has other teams on edge.

What we don’t need tho is him taking FK’s. Bruno has to man up and take that ball. Anyways - IT STARTS TODAY. LFG!!!!!!!!!!!

How the hell does Germany get to play all their group games in Munich? And England will pretty much play all their games at wembley no matter how far they go.

How the hell does Germany get to play all their group games in Munich? And England will pretty much play all their games at wembley no matter how far they go.

It’s insane. But I like the fact England is playing at home. Imagine how it feels as a player when your own fans boo you taking the knee? Imagine the pressure.

Haven't tried to be too drawn in to this like I was last year but there's a whole lot more smoke coming from Germany and England this time around

04075D5A-9D07-4ACD-A3F4-67FA4382AA1E.gif

Any predictions for today? I got Italy winning 2-1.

Turkey are sneaky tho, they beat the Dutch 4-2 not too long ago.

Turkey definitely have talent and I wouldn't be surprised to see Yilmaz giving teams problems with the playmakers they have.

Their defence on paper looks really strong too. Think today ends in a 1-1 draw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom