⚽️The Footy Thread: Lock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
and to think people were doubting iniesta's inclusion and saying he's still living off old merits smh
iniesta is the god mf and if his legs are good will still control the middle

unfortunately i don't think france's talents are ready yet.
still very young but the next world cup i expect big things.

i thought pogba would step up and lead but his recent form has halted his progression.
i really think france lacks true leadership and that starts with deschamps and with no exception to the players onthe field.
imo varane and umtiti need to step up as leaders but they are still young too.

ultimately, it all falls on deschamps.
Would agree with all that, think France will do well to reach the semis.
At least they're more exciting to watch than Ireland, the friendly with Turkey yesterday was teeeeeerrible

I thought Umtiti was solid for most of the match. Just made a very stupid mistake with that tackle at the end. Wouldn't say his overall performance was bad though

I thought Umtiti’s tackle was great bcs he got all ball, his follow through is what killed him.

It’s amazing how flat France came out after he half. Colombia cam out to attack every chance they got in the second half & France did absolutely nothing to stop them.

Still don’t understand how didier has a job after the Euros... It’s embarrassing how bad Les Bleus looked during the tournament then.

You're right, he did get ball. But he put himself in a bad position by diving at the ball the way he did. Cleats fully out. Still though. I think he was great overall. He's actually the one that cleared the ball first on that play when it got sent into the area the first time. His teammates just didn't react to help him out though.

And it really is a shame how France played in the second half. All that talent and still can't get it together. Absolutely no valid reason why Deschamps is still at the helm :smh:

You're right, he did get ball. But he put himself in a bad position by diving at the ball the way he did. Cleats fully out. Still though. I think he was great overall. He's actually the one that cleared the ball first on that play when it got sent into the area the first time. His teammates just didn't react to help him out though.

And it really is a shame how France played in the second half. All that talent and still can't get it together. Absolutely no valid reason why Deschamps is still at the helm :smh:
Because the team has vastly improved under him. Had a decent showing at the lst WC and went all the way to the finals in the Euro and the players respect him too

Damn some of this Chilean team traveled all the way to Sweden for this friendly!?!

Edit - Got dayum, what a strike from Vidal from that corner... 0-1 Chile 22 mins in....

Edit II - Damn Sweden levels a moment later... Forsburg with a nice assist to Toivonen (sp?)....

Last edited:
Tbh it all comes down on Deschamps. This is a golden generation for France, the bench a lone have countries salivating to have as their starting 11.

One thing I wanna add is the Euros were played on French soil too so who knows how that mentally factored into their success. It took plenty of 90th minute goals for France to reach the KO rounds. That match against Germany was the best France played that tourny.

I felt like anyone could of managed the French team in that Euro and had similar results. Deschamps dropped the ball in the Finals and even yesterday so this team can only go as far as he takes em.

This could be good.
hxFQN.gif

Jape, Pogba a couple months older than Varane. So that age excuse should be used for both. You right tho someone on that team needs to step up and lead

looking at that really makes me hate Messi & his minions for the next WC. corruption and favourtism all while FIFA making sure they'll try to win the WC and not even calling up people like Dybala

Y'all selling the kid to PSG :nerd:

That’s what all the rumors have been saying.

Wish it were Ney to RM :frown:

On the real though if we get Lewa and with Ronnie showing he can have at least another 2 seasons at a high level, it adds a complication to the Neymar situation.

didier is a terrbile strategist & does a terrible job of team selection & substitutions. He stays using his 4-4-2 no matter what happens.

Like the last game, Colombia switched to what looked like a 4-2-3-1 & we all began seeing France’s midfield get over run. They couldn’t keep possession nor could they string together passes.

Worse yet, Les Bleus stopped playing defense & what does didier do? He subs in Ben Yedder & Pogba who don’t contribute much defensively & it gets worse. Much as I love Pogba, he wasn’t the sub to pick to come in at that moment.

didier just stuck with the game plan he had before the game & stayed the course. It was sad to see the team get dismantled like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom