⚽️The Footy Thread: Lock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
From a simplistic viewpoint, experience can be gained or nurtured by a good manager while speed is typically an inherit quality.

Conte made the mistake of being overly loyal to Cahill, starting him by name and captain's armband in the Watford debacle. Cahill is not in a good run of form to say the least. Chelsea really missed Christensen versus Bournemouth and Watford, conceding a ghastly total of seven goals without the Danish defender on the pitch. The 21-year-old displays an ice-cold composure and only gets better in his club's bigger fixtures.
Put it better than i did, sadly chelsea has a bad habit of being overly loyal to older defenders that hurts the first XI

Areola played a great first half but was ****in terrible that second half. Both of those two goals in the second half he should’ve done better
Son took a rocket to the face b. Son wasn’t right since.

Huge props to Madrid. Turned up that 2nd half and showed why they got 12 on their sleeve.

Emery is trash. Asensio is a difference maker.

There’s no amount of money in the world that can fix the trash game plan Emery played today. Son put unproven talent out against the ****ing 2 time champs like this was finna be a breeze... :smh:

Going to need that front 3 to go on a goal spree next leg

Prem squads showin’ out again :pimp:

Was hoping PSG Madrid would be 1-1 going into the 2nd leg. Madrid a bit fortunate with those 2 late goals but Asensio came on and immediately made things happen. Love watching him play

Mbappe and Neymar need to be much better than that 2nd half :x

Glad CL is byke tho :pimp: :pimp:

Marco Asensio

4-man mid of Asensio-Kroos-Modric-Lucas changed the match. RM were on their heels until then. I was yelling at my tv for Zizou to make the exact double sub he made. Clearly one of my yells got through the tv and to Zizou.

I think people are discrediting PSG. They could have scored more, and the difference from 1-1 to 3-1 was mostly down to Asensio. Until then PSG outplayed RM.

I'm spent from just watching that match. It was a roller coaster :lol:

Return leg in Paris should be another great one. RM should have the tactical advantage with the ability to shuffle the deck they have.

We were in trouble until Asensio came on.
Have no doubt PSG scores early in the return leg and that's when the match really begins

I'm spent from just watching that match. It was a roller coaster :lol:

Return leg in Paris should be another great one. RM should have the tactical advantage with the ability to shuffle the deck they have.

At the end of the match Neymar had the opportunity to make it 3-2 and the second leg would've been a lot more interesting. But at 3-1, I think that's all she wrote for PSG.

It's really crazy how it's in RM's DNA to live for these European nights.

Even down to dropping the CL anthem at the end of their last La Liga match. To the team bus entering the stadium to what looked like a mini-parade of people sending heroes off to war.

Fun Fact :last public execution in France was by guillotine in 1939

be ready for that fact to change soon

Asensio has been such a super sub in the CL. Assisted CR7 for the win at the Allianz. Then dropped a golazo against Bayern at home. Scored in the CL final against Juve. And just put in a decisive performance against PSG.

Isn't just quick physically, but 2 steps ahead mentally. A nightmare combo for fatigued opponents.

Fun Fact :last public execution in France was by guillotine in 1939

be ready for that fact to change soon

503840-unai-emery-shouts.jpg

it was tied 1-1 when he sat cavani
yall puting all the blame on emery but PSG had plenty of chances to win the game if they took their opportunities

it was tied 1-1 when he sat cavani
yall puting all the blame on emery but PSG had plenty of chances to win the game if they took their opportunities

Meunier Alves and M'bappe were giving PROBLEMS to RM on Marcelo's flank. RM were on their heels until Zizou finally countered that move with Asendios

Meunier Alves and M'bappe were giving PROBLEMS to RM on Marcelo's flank. RM were on their heels until Zizou finally countered that move with Asendios
yup
it was 1-1 and psg went for the kill and it came back to haunt them

should've locked it up and went home happy

We out here styling on ******. Mane balling . Salah balling. Firminho balling. Midfield balling, the defense is balling and we playing youngsters as our wing backs. I'm sorry it had to be you Coupe, but we out here.

I dislike Madrid but they showed out why they've won the hardware that they have. The difference between Madrid and PSG also came down to heart. Money can't buy that. Spending a small nations GDP over the summer and it still didn't address their needs. If PSG goes out, what else do they realistically do? This is a true case of how there are just some things money can't buy. It's more probable to see Neymar leave then the team addressing the issues that they have.

Both teams were wasteful with chances, but Zidane also made the crucial changes when needed at the right time, he has the vision and took charge of the game from a tactical standpoint. Emery put on Draxler after they went down, too reactionary and lacks initiative. I can't see PSG pulling off the win at home either, they're not going to turn the tables like Barca did on them last year. PSG is a done deal, can't expect Lannister Jr. to be the saving grace, as he too looked completely out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom