⚽️The Footy Thread: Lock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
agreed its not something that should be in contract but it should be like an unwritten rule, you don't mess with the franchise
of course... but players already know this. common sense
casemiro isn't out there kicking ronnie in practice

As good as the spurs are its failure if they don't walk away with some type of hardware, too much talent to not win something during this window they have.
With our current form I'm praying we can hold on to our key players (and Poch) for a good amount of time to achieve some silverware. Kane seems like he really wants a future at Spurs but you never know when that big money comes knocking.
Props to West Ham though, didn't expect them to take back this match the way they did at all.

Good to see a win from Chelsea today. It doesn't excite me now after hearing players' issues with Conte's training lately

As good as the spurs are its failure if they don't walk away with some type of hardware, too much talent to not win something during this window they have.
I think it's interesting that people share this mentality about Tottenham. Spurs are one of the only teams in the Prem that have at least attempted to do things from the ground up. All of the "big" clubs are in crazy amounts of debt. they have crazy wage structures.. etc. Some people value that. You can't compare apples to Oranges. If spurs were spending $200 plus million in a summer transfer window, I can see how this reaction to a cup loss to wet spam could come out. But understanding that we don't have unlimited resources, I personally am happy to see Spurs moving in the right direction... and it seems to have been happening more quickly in the past few seasons. Having said that, I would LOVE Spurs to win EVERY trophy. Is that realistic, nah. But I'm excited about the future. COYS

With our current form I'm praying we can hold on to our key players (and Poch) for a good amount of time to achieve some silverware. Kane seems like he really wants a future at Spurs but you never know when that big money comes knocking.
Props to West Ham though, didn't expect them to take back this match the way they did at all.

This thread needs more rational people like this. West Ham played 90 mins. About 20 min in the 2nd half (and one eye on the weekend) costs Spurs the game. I'm okay losing a league cup game against anyone for a win and 3 points against the other joint 2nd team.

Oh damn Leipzig loses on the last pen...

Ulreich came up big for the save on that last pen...

Last edited:
Willian goal
giphy.gif

Who needs relegation when Wynalda can whine us to a World Cup

Seen someone equate Wynalda to the U.S. Soccer incarnation of Trump. :lol:

Let's elect a career self-promoting loud mouth who "tells it like it is is."

Dude is great at abrasively condemning the obvious but has never offered much with regard to solutions or substance.

Historically his Twitter rants have reeked of self-importantance and petty personal grudges, topped off with substance abuse, admissions of deviation from prescribed medication, or both.

We can do better.

Btw, cheers to @mastermind89 for doing a solid job running this thread. I know the new platform isn’t as user friendly as the last one but good job holding things down.

How much ya’ll wanna bet that Countinho ends up the in Paris to continue Neymar’s samba revolution in France?

Rumor is that Barca has reached out to Schalke’s Leon Goretzka whose contract ends after this campaign. He’s been very instrumental in keeping he club competitive. I love his ability to hold onto the ball & great defensive capabilities but I’m not keen on his passing range.

Idk if PSG is willing to gamble with the FFP to try and get Coutinho.
But I'm also just being a hater. I'd be livid if they got him too :lol:

Bradley Wright-Phillips with the early goal

Damn Chicago down two now

Last edited:
yeah i must admit after it didn't seem like coutinho was gonna happen last summer i knew we might have to look at other players.

hopefully he still wants to come to barca. I think he and messi would work wonderfully.
add dembele to the other side and we are eating. the dream would be to have busquets and goretzka as double pivots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom