⚽️The Footy Thread: German Super Cup, International Champions Cup, Copa Libertadores

Status
Not open for further replies.
Verde Shuttles Verde Shuttles why? and champcruthik champcruthik why?
who would you replace them with? realistically

kroos and modric are still world class and are untouchable imo
my comparison would be how busquets is with barca. there's no questioning it.
casemiro i kind of understand.

arthur
pequeta
neres
richarlison
militao

some great talented youngsters for brazil
brazil have legit 2 starting 11's

Verde Shuttles Verde Shuttles why? and champcruthik champcruthik why?
who would you replace them with? realistically

kroos and modric are still world class and are untouchable imo
my comparison would be how busquets is with barca. there's no questioning it.
casemiro i kind of understand.
Luka is a financial decision. He's turning 34 in September. The nine-figure fee Inter was rumored to be willing to pay was probably untrue, but even three-quarters or two-thirds of that I would have taken in the summer. Modric's stock will never be higher after winning three consecutive CL with RM and helping lead Croatia on their great WC run in Russia.

I can't call Kroos untouchable anymore. There's too many matches where he's nonexistent on the pitch for me. But if MU really wants him, it better be for more than 50M pounds. He's good at least four strong campaigns left in him.

Replacements? I wouldn't mind SMS now that his hype and exorbitant fee have dropped. Born in Spain, like 5 hours east of Madrid. Or Thiago Alcantara. Versatile as hell. Can play and perform well in the pivot, box-to-box role, attacking mid and conventional #10. What's not to like.

FWIW, I don't rate Eriksen or Pjanic over the likes of Modric and Kroos.

Pass on Pjanic, I would take Eriksen over Kroos, his price will be an issue but he's a good presser and does have some goals and still provides assist. I don't get why we can't just put Isco there.

My biggest issue with Kroos is that he is a defensive liability, Modric is old and still puts in a shift I think he'll get a chance to retire here or at least leave in classy way, which has been an issue in the past. I been complaining about Casemiro since last year.

Last edited:
Season started off not ideal but just checked out this gallery in lil five where they had the MLS Cup on display and it’s brought all those good feelings byke :smokin
if you in Atlanta it’s gonna be on display 12-7 I’d highly recommend checking it out the entire display is dope
800F742C-7C4C-492B-B262-D146D210DF48.jpeg

Season started off not ideal but just checked out this gallery in lil five where they had the MLS Cup on display and it’s brought all those me good feelunfs byke :smokin
if you in Atlanta it’s gonna be on display 12-7 I’d highly recommend checking it out the entire display is dope
800F742C-7C4C-492B-B262-D146D210DF48.jpeg
FYE :pimp::pimp:

Especially since we cant depend on the Falcons to bring it home |l|l:smh::smh:

arthur
pequeta
neres
richarlison
militao

some great talented youngsters for brazil
brazil have legit 2 starting 11's
Paqueta is dirty, man. Kaka ready to crown him with the #10 Brasil shirt. Would like to see him become at least more conscious defensively and get that work rate up. He got caught out on Vecino's opening goal in the Milan derby. You can see how comfortable Paqueta is attacking though. Confident young man. Fearless dribbler. Good shot from distance.

It's crazy but don't forget Gabby Jesus is only 21 too. Born only a month before Richarlison. He's not in great form for City and underwhelmed in the '18 WC, but still like his future.

We didn't even mention Vinicius (18) or Malcom (22). Craques :emoji_fire:. There's Walace also. Baiano who contributed to help Brasil win Olympic gold in '16. Covers a lot of ground as a DM. Good passing ability. I'd like to see Phelipe eventually break in as Brasil's #3 keeper behind Alisson and Ederson. He's with Gremio's B squad and has experience with the U20s.

Who's brilliant idea was it to bring back the white kits? Haven't been used since 1950. Only invokes the 'Maracanazo' on Brasilian soil. I'm gonna cop the long-sleeve anyway, but I don't get it.

I think he Gaby Jesus would be better in a 4-4-2, he's kinda underwhelming as a loan striker but he is young and a back up. Like if you paired him up with Griezmann I think they would work perfectly since Gaby does a lot of the dirty work.

Could have sworn Prime said he was gonna fall back due to traveling or something. Think he posted something here no?

I didn’t watch the game, couldn’t. I’m surprised Portugal had a scoreless tie at home. That mini Euro league we played in during the fall had me very impressed (which btw, wth was that for?)

Was Ronaldo getting in the way? Was he not on the same page with his teammates? Or did we just have a bad day?

I’m looking at the Portugal team and I can’t lie, I haven’t been this optimistic since 2006. Being optimistic is very odd for me, because we Portuguese folk are pessimistic and angry. So I’ll say this - THEY BETTER STEP IT UP.

This Portugal team is pretty exciting. Solid bench too. Portugal controlled the match but lacked some creativity. Bernardo's dribbling didn't get him far. Neves didn't really solidify his place in the match. You guys need to be more clinical. Serbia will def be more of a challenge than Ukraine.

Paqueta is dirty, man. Kaka ready to crown him with the #10 Brasil shirt. Would like to see him become at least more conscious defensively and get that work rate up. He got caught out on Vecino's opening goal in the Milan derby. You can see how comfortable Paqueta is attacking though. Confident young man. Fearless dribbler. Good shot from distance.

It's crazy but don't forget Gabby Jesus is only 21 too. Born only a month before Richarlison. He's not in great form for City and underwhelmed in the '18 WC, but still like his future.

We didn't even mention Vinicius (18) or Malcom (22). Craques :emoji_fire:. There's Walace also. Baiano who contributed to help Brasil win Olympic gold in '16. Covers a lot of ground as a DM. Good passing ability. I'd like to see Phelipe eventually break in as Brasil's #3 keeper behind Alisson and Ederson. He's with Gremio's B squad and has experience with the U20s.

Who's brilliant idea was it to bring back the white kits? Haven't been used since 1950. Only invokes the 'Maracanazo' on Brasilian soil. I'm gonna cop the long-sleeve anyway, but I don't get it.
Don't forget Paulinho at Bayer Leverkusen

Got to watch the Mexico v Chile match last night pitch side. First time ever being that close to a match. Atmosphere was off the charts. Slow first half, but 2nd half was wild. Only thing was the Mexican fans were throwing beers and hitting security photographers after every goal. Really ruined the experience in the 2nd half having to watch out for cups full of beer and debris being coming at us after every goal. Other than that, amazing experience

55690713_613789339091616_2678447223326375936_n.jpg

54729079_451009022310722_4698519932051128320_n.jpg

55484511_255353152077243_7927424827051212800_n.jpg

55594342_2320037274687661_6343901076852310016_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom