❌‼️ This Thread is now CLOSED. NEW THREAD link on last page, been a great Year ❌‼️

Would you spend €100+ on Paul Pogba??

• Yup, still very young and filled with potential...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nah, no CM could be worth that much...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll take Ronaldo over Dracula *shrug*

Does Ronaldo run up goal totals against inferior teams? Sure, so does Suarez tho. Plus you gotta realize the kind of service Suarez gets from Messi and Neymar. He is an excellent finisher and has shown he can create as well, but let's not act like Bale is Messi all the sudden.
6 straight seasons with 50+ goals?! That's incomparable, end of argument right there for me.

Last edited:
League predictions for next season:

1. Man City

2. Chelsea

3. Arsenal

4. Man Utd

5. Pool

6. Southampton

La Liga

1. Real Madrid

2. Barca

3. Atleti

4. Sevilla

5. Valencia

6. Real Sociedad

Serie A

1. Juve

2. Inter

3. Napoli

4. Milan

5. Fiorentina

6. Torino

Bundesliga

1. Borussia Dortmund

2. Bayern Munich

3. Monchengladbach

4. Shalke

5. Bayer Levekusen

6. Wolfsburg

Last edited:
dawg...dortmund over bayern in the bundesliga with dortmund just losing gundogan and hummels and aubameyang on his way out most likely with reus possibly gone also :lol:

But yeah it doesn't make any sense to make predictions yet before silly season. Hell for juve there's a chance the team could be down morata and pogba also. It's too hard to tell what any team will look like yet

The Rossoneri ain't finishing no 4th... They tried hard & could only finish 7th or 8th this campaign. That's a club trending to the bottom unfortunately.

Tottenham is gonna put it all together and win the league next year, Arsenal will be sick.

Real Madrid needs to win the league at this point.

That's all I got.

I think they'll finish in the top 4 again but I don't know about winning it just yet.

Who knows though,crazier things have happened...like this past season :rofl:

Interested in seeing if they do end up signing Batshuayi to pair up top with Hurrikane :nerd:

Last edited:
I don't think any team will be able to improve enough this summer to be better than them, United, City, Chelsea will have too many moving parts, Arsenal if they actually spend money but we know they're pedigree, Liverpool maybe since they have not Europe and good talent, and I just don't see Leicester having everything break right for them again.

Seriously doubt spurs win the league next season.

They had their shot this season with major opponents like chelsea practically eliminating themselves from teh equation for the top spot, and United and city having turbulent seasons as well.

Next season, I doubt it will as volatile as this one was for the top teams in england.

They might make top 4 again, but I don't know about winning it tbh.

So question is, will Jorge Mendes get an office next to his pal Jose's? Will Jose also bring in Neville to help with the mass transfer of Jorge's clients from Valencia to OT? :rolleyes

Speaking of Jorge's clients, is it just me or is Joao Moutinho underrated? Everytime I've seen him play, I came away impressed with his pressing & work rate. Same for William Carvalho. Why hasn't any bigger club taken a shot at either player?

Last edited:
I'll take Gomes and Mustafi please :nerd: :lol:

He might as well be the de-facto sporting director at this point :lol:. The less influence Woody gets in transfers,the better

Last edited:
In my unprofessional opinion, Suarez has been better than Ronaldo for 2-3 seasons (including his last season at Liverpool). As much as I hate this shoulder-biting *****, the man has ripped through La Liga and European opponents the past few seasons. Suarez is scoring goals against PSG, Real Madrid, Atleti, and others while Ronaldo pads his stats against Granada and Malmo. Suarez also doesn't take penalties and FK's like Ronnie. Suarez is the one player in that front three who is irreplaceable in my opinion as well. Messi can cover Neymar's role and vice versa, but neither can lead the line like Luis.

Just my two cents :lol:
FACTS.

I'll take Ronaldo over Dracula *shrug*

Does Ronaldo run up goal totals against inferior teams? Sure, so does Suarez tho. Plus you gotta realize the kind of service Suarez gets from Messi and Neymar. He is an excellent finisher and has shown he can create as well, but let's not act like Bale is Messi all the sudden.
6 straight seasons with 50+ goals?! That's incomparable, end of argument right there for me.
Which helps prove my point that he is a more prolific goal scorer. Dude was getting service from the likes of erratic Jordan Henderson, undeveloped Coutinho and no damns to give Gerrard(Not that I would playing under Buck). Plus some of y'all like to say he carried Liverpool by himself to almost winning the title, if that doesn't say dude will probably be better than Ronaldo if he keeps it up, then IDK what does. Ronaldo has been getting service from some damn good players for over a decade on both teams that he's played on. Suarez makes more of an impact in big games to me than Ronaldo. Don't get me wrong, Ronaldo has his moments where he goes off when his team needs him, but Suarez's need to score is very scary if your the opposition.

Last edited:
^^

I still think Mou's gonna have the final say but if his influence helps land some of his higher profile clients...I wouldn't mind it all that much :nerd:

I did read a pretty good Independent piece a few months back about how his presence can have a big impact at a club...this whole project should at least be a fun/entertaining ride :lol:

Last edited:
Preseason predictions :lol: wait til the transfer window is almost closed

Been actually wanting to bring up Carvalho myself. He had a strong link with Arsenal but they finally got their DM. Wouldn't mind RM getting him, I don't think 1 DM is enough on the roster now that it's clear this system needs a defensive minded holding mid to get the most of it. What happens if Casemiro goes down?

Not even gunna entertain Ronaldo vs Suarez. Ronaldo is a legend of the game, Suarez will be remembered as a player of his time.

Son will go if Pooch deems him surplus requirements. I think he can play in the Prem. As much as I'd like to pull for the Koreans in whatever league, he seemed like a Levy buy & not one from Pooch. It sounds like he's ready to try & sell Nabil Bentaleb & Ryan Mason also.

Uh, no. Alexis definitely not the redesign...
tongue.gif
I hope Son gets another chance, and from everything I've seen and read he gets along great with everyone on the team... he and Kevin Wimmer seem to be bff's 
laugh.gif

But with the solidification of Alli/Dier/Dembele in the center of the pitch, it pushes Eriksen out with left (with Lamela finally proving his worth on the other side...3 years later 
laugh.gif
)... there's just not much room for Son to figure into the line up other than as an occasional starter, which is a bummer.

I like Betaleb, but again, there's not much need for him unless he's just a rotational player.... Ryan Mason can go tbh
I think it's a a little too early for league predictions
agreed, it'd be like trying make NFL/NBA/MLB predictions before the offseason even started

I don't see where the narrative that he only scores against minnows comes from :lol:,dude is still the All time leading scorer in the CL. He shouldn't be punished for occasionally putting 4/5 past weak teams :lol:

League predictions for next season:

1. Man City
2. Chelsea
3. Arsenal
4. Man Utd
5. Pool
6. Southampton

La Liga
1. Real Madrid
2. Barca
3. Atleti
4. Sevilla
5. Valencia
6. Real Sociedad

Serie A

1. Juve
2. Inter
3. Napoli
4. Milan
5. Fiorentina
6. Torino

Bundesliga
1. Borussia Dortmund
2. Bayern Munich
3. Monchengladbach
4. Shalke
5. Bayer Levekusen
6. Wolfsburg
Season hasn't even been over a month and you out here making predictions. Bold ones at that.

Last edited:
So question is, will Jorge Mendes get an office next to his pal Jose's? Will Jose also bring in Neville to help with the mass transfer of Jorge's clients from Valencia to OT? :rolleyes

Speaking of Jorge's clients, is it just me or is Joao Moutinho underrated? Everytime I've seen him play, I came away impressed with his pressing & work rate. Same for William Carvalho. Why hasn't any bigger club taken a shot at either player?

I think going to Monaco was a mistake for Moutinho, obviously the offered him good wages but he (and Falcao never really found their footing). They both could have ended up at better clubs and progressed even more. But even while at Monaco, I never even heard of rumors of teams being after Moutinho, maybe I just wasn't aware of them. But it's very surprising that bigger club never nabbed him up.
Side note, I do like that Monaco has brought in a bunch of young Brazilian and Portuguese players, some of them of done pretty well this season. I think it's a good option for them to make it in Europe, aside from the traditional Portuguese and Spanish clubs.

Arsenal was linked to Carvalho for a while, it was rumored that we made a bid that was rejected but Sporting wanted more money. During the summer of 2015 he picked up an injury that had hid sidelined for 3 months, Arsenal lost interest at that point. But it would be great to see him make a move elsewhere.

Speaking of Sporting, here and there I try to see how Ryan Gauld is progressing. I know he played for the B team and made the bench for the first team sometimes but aside from that I haven't heard much. Anyone know anything?

Word is that Arsenal has renewed their interest in Maxi Romero, 17yo Argentine forward. We were gonna buy him during last season but he tore his ACL.

The Monaco project started out so promisingly and just fizzled out completely because of a divorce :smh:

Last edited:
The Monaco project started out so promisingly and just fizzled out completely because of a divorce :smh:

I don't have the facts with me, but rumour has it that that story was fabricated, the owner just didn't want to deal with FFP. Who knows frfr, it's a shame really. PSG needed the competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom