⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
Willaims was never an All-Star level player imo

His combo of playing on a good team + having decent numbers + peak popularity came in his second year in Sacramento. No way he would get voted in because Kobe and Kidd were out west.

His early years in Memphis the teams were bad and his number not great. When Memphis got good his popularity had fallen, and his numbers were not great.

I just don't see a year he squeezes in

Last edited:
Cornbread Maxwell led the league in FG% twice, has the 3rd best career TS%, and has a FMVP but never made an all-star team.

Only a few players every year are "legit' all stars since the criteria changes based off feelings and narratives...So J Will absolutely coulda been in one year based off popularity and excitement alone, plus he played on good teams most of his career if team record wants to be in play
I followed those Grizzlies teams (Jerry West), and he was a fine starter. But that's about it.

Mike Bibby had a case for one or two years in Sacramento.

It

Also, who were the most random one time NBA Allstars?

The one player I can think of was Jamal Magloire. At first I was happy an underdog player made it, but the moment he was on the court, it was instant regret. Ain't no one wanted to see his postups. lol

A12E899A-6216-41EE-AC65-A649A0CE4D70.jpeg

The Kave Man

JWill was definitely never an all-star caliber player. He was like the Kings fourth option. Would he have been fun to watch in the game? Absolutely.

Bibby was better too. Not all-star caliber either though.

The media is so dumb. Loud noises, must be NBA players destroying **** :lol:

There was construction or a clean up crew or something. You can hear it in the back during JB's postgame too.

shameful...but i just realized...was that even a media member who tweeted that?

They never had the numbers. Neither were ever going to make it honestly. Especially not Jason Williams.

03-06 Bibby had a real case. Around 19-21ppg a game and 6apg on good teams.

His 2nd year in ATL too 08-09 was another good year for Him. With the East being weak and all, he had a shot. But 15-6 ain’t getting you in as a guard, unless your team is on a 60 win pace like Jameer/Mo Williams and them. Hawks had like 48 wins that year, iirc.

old heads....school me on prime Ron Harper?

50802521-F9B2-4510-88D4-54AB09E35E6D.jpeg

Before he blew out his ACL, he was the closest thing to an MJ ultra-lite there was at the time. About the same size, with athleticism and an ability to attack the basket. And when he first got to the Clippers, he started to develop more of an outside game. Could pencil him in for about 20, 5 and 4 every night. And as someone else mentioned, could defend too.

this is about the time the All star selection process was known to be a joke.

2DF2B7AC-2CEA-4288-A2B7-ADDB6F2AEED1.jpeg

dude was averaging like 7 and 9 that season :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom