⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.

3cbaab83-d564-403f-89b6-654b29e97c32_text.gif

Imma need some accounting on the “50 wins” talk after Klay injury :lol:. But again, they still win at almost that place when Steph plays. 🤷🏾‍♂️.

Wiggins had a great year. Most efficient and best defensive year. Oubre was another story.

I was dead on, about how the season would close:

And I’ll be also correct on the Poole, JTA additions as more depth, and impactful players. You will see.

And once again....one of the very few, sensible Lakers fans.

There you go lying again :lol:

You changed your tone after you saw them looking like garbage earlier.

This was before the season started. You was feeling real good when no games was being played.

Screenshot-20210517-102834.png

Kemba staying in Lebron’s Boston, no one wants to take on two years of $36+ million. Celtics are strapped to that.

Kemba is having an off year. It happens. I still think he can live up to the contract. Celtics need the team to be fully healthy, for us to pass serious judgement.

I think it’s fair to say the Celtics underperformed this season even taking all the COVID/injury issues into account, but I also think those issues were significant enough that they shouldn’t feel like they have to make dramatic changes in the offseason.

Danny can’t just stand pat though this Summer/Fall.

Last edited:
Brad Stevens was bad this year. Especially for a coach that's been praised for doing a lot with less. The Celtics looked like TRASH at points. Getting blown out, dudes looked like they didn't wanna be there.

I think Brad is a good basketball coach. If he got fired today, he'd have another job tomorrow if he wanted it.. But there are - in the vast majority of cases - times when your voice just starts to fall flat, guys stop responding to you, whatever. It's happened to every coach at some point somewhere with a very small handful of exceptions.

It's easier to move on from him and shake thing up that way than it is to trade away Tatum or Brown or try and move off Kemba's contract.

I don't think this summer is the time given how stupid the last two seasons have been on the whole - but it's definitely something that merits consideration moving forward.

Is it fair to say he’s losing the team?
How? Because of that Romeo Langford clip where he intentionally fouled someone down 3 with no fouls to give and Brad yelled at him for it? :lol:

When the team was healthy they won. When they weren't they didn't. Only thing I really learned from this season is that they can't weather the storm with guys out particularly well, which unfortunately was basically 90% of the season. Is that really reason for firing a coach that has overachieved basically every year he's been with the team?

They basically had the same exact year as the Heat, except Miami got healthy to close out the season and Boston didn't.

If you aren't going to give weight to not being healthy, I think Ainge probably deserves more of the blame than Brad.

How? Because of that Romeo Langford clip where he intentionally fouled someone down 3 with no fouls to give and Brad yelled at him for it? :lol:

When the team was healthy they won. When they weren't they didn't. Only thing I really learned from this season is that they can't weather the storm with guys out particularly well, which unfortunately was basically 90% of the season. Is that really reason for firing a coach that has overachieved basically every year he's been with the team?

They basically had the same exact year as the Heat, except Miami got healthy to close out the season and Boston didn't.

If you aren't going to give weight to not being healthy, I think Ainge probably deserves more of the blame than Brad.

admitting to being out coached. Bottom tier first quarter scoring. 13 games of being down 20 or more. Bottom 5 in assists. Only .500 against bad teams. 4-8 within the division.

This is true of this season, but isn’t necessarily something that will carry forward. I think it was a byproduct of the Cs being a very young team, including their two leaders, both of whom missed a lot of time.

Hard to lead when you’re not playing or even around the team. Kemba and Smart were in and out too.

TT isn’t the kind of vet that can rally guys.

No, they didn’t react particularly well to the adversity they were dealt this season, but I get it.

Someone posted a video earlier, but it did look like Romeo was mouthing "F*** off" to Brad Stevens. I know he's a younger coach, but for some reason, I don't see the next generation of players resonating with him much. Hell, I don't even see that with Pop as well 🤷‍♂️

It seems like Brad Stevens lacks in those areas outside of X's and O's. Leadership, managing personalities, motivating.

But that's what has become a premium in todays NBA. It not so much about X's & O's anymore, as it is with managing personalities. Especially the modern young player with fragile egos that MUST be stroked on occasion. A top rookie if coming into the league with an already inflated/entitled ego, and the older guys are discouraged to haze him, or else he'll cry in his corner and not to talk to anyone.

It's certainly a players driven league, in every stretch of the imagination.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom