⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't really say the trade was bad. It just happened to work out for everyone. Levert is a young player who deserves to be starting and Indy got rid of a player who no longer wanted to be there as well as got a player in recompense. Harden got to leave Houston and go to a competitor. Houston got a bunch of mid to late draft picks that they can package and trade and the Cavs got a young center and a wing which they seem to be lacking.

Houston will have to rebuild like Brooklyn did. Those owed picks to OKC are going to hurt.

Still, you get lower taxes, decent weather and a cost of living (outside of the city) which is better than NY/LA - there's appeal for talent to sign there.

Is it gunna work this time ? :stoneface:
F793191A-8543-4461-8FB1-0DB2903A9993.jpeg

So basically the Harden trade was a salary dump for the Rockets. Yikes. Going to likely end up getting just 4 late rd picks and apparently a trade exception. That's TERRIBLE.
Until Tilman proves otherwise, it's definitely a salary move in the short term. And yeah they're def late 1st rounders the first couple of years. But I believe the picks go until '27? The last 4 years of picks is where the value is really held. Basically what the Celtics had with the Nets picks from the KG/Pierce era

Porzingis looks DIFFERENT. Looks quicker, stronger, smoother, and his footwork looks better.

He looked great last night. Looks fresh.

At the end of the day, if the Mavericks' medical staff can't keep him healthy, nobody probably can.

But he definitely looks stronger and looks like they've put some good weight on him. Legs are tough.

Can't really say the trade was bad. It just happens to work out for everyone.

You knew the trade was happening, not if but when. Kinda like Davis to the Lakers 'cept Houston got it done much sooner, rather than the Pelicans who flubbed it during the trade deadline of '19.

Yeah, I agree. Best is probably like Nunn, Iggy, and a 2nd round pick or something to that effect.

I could see the Nuggets being a bidder though if they get desperate soon. MPJ + Harris + picks (to get off Harris's contract) for Dipo and Tucker. Something along those lines.

If anybody needs to be included in a trade package in Denver, it's Bol the man needs minutes.

You knew the trade was happening, not if but when. Kinda like Davis to the Lakers 'cept Houston got it done much sooner, rather than the Pelicans who flubbed it during the trade deadline of '19.

Eh I'd argue HOU waited too late. Harden successfully depressed his value. Looking back at these deals the past few seasons, LA was the one that fleeced the Pels for AD.

I mean with the rebuild the Rockets are doing the likelihood of them actually being better than the Nets even by 2027 (triggering a pick swap) is unlikely. They better pray for an implosion (to get the 25 Nets pick after all those guys deals are up if it goes south). Cause waiting until maybe 2027 for a pick swap to convey is not the business. But it's of their own doing.

Last edited:
Knowing Fertitta is a broke boy, the haul Houston got back was fine.

Unless the package included the picks that Brooklyn included, I don't think they cared for anyone that was reasonably available on the market. Even the likes of Ben Simmons and Jaylen Brown.

They took too long to trade him. Harden saying he was done with the organization killed any leverage Houston had. As you can see, they got Pladipo who's telling them he still hell-bent on going to Miami, the Australian finesser, and a bunch of meh picks( could turn into something depending on how they use them).

Lol that pic. I think they have a great chance. The talent is very scalable. They all CAN pass, it's a question if they WILL pass.

For a team that will score 125 PPG there's enough points for everyone. Kyrie will be the odd man out and won't average 27 PPG anymore but it'll be 24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom