戦士 WARRIOR | A Cinemax Original Series [ From the Creator of Banshee & Bruce Lee ] | Apr. 5 戦士

Doubt Fung Hai Mongolians will kill Bill, he'll just be in their pocket and have to work his debt off. I didn't like how Penny had on pasties/nipple covers this ep when she showed it all in 1st ep

bill in worse trouble w the chinese aint he?

they gonna kill him and its gonna look like the chinese are killing cops on purpose

I had a feeling they were going to do cliffhanger ending this ep with the Hop Wei and Long Zii charging each other in an all out hatchet brawl

Bolo vs Ah Sahm fight was dope, R.I.P to Bolo the yellow demon

I had a feeling Lee's backstory was being with a black woman in the south and having to kill some Cacs because of her

Penny's dad pretty much telling her she gotta let the mayor get some ***** even tho she finds him repulsive so he can get his deal closed

They're doing a good job on character development with Ah Toy, Mai Ling, Lee, Penny

damn asam and hop fue dude put in work

is mr belvedere makin a dollar off the trolley tracks too?

the madam was on point for second i thought her partner was trying to swindle her

i think the madam gonna send that girl (her daughter?) to kill mai len

The tong battle was shorter than I would've liked but still dope, they had the extras involved in the fight scene, Ah Sahm, Li Yong and Young Jun all put in serious work

Liked the setup for the Ah Sahm vs Li Yong fight for season finale with Father Jun showing that flute swag and training montages, Ah Sahm working on that wing chun dummy. Ah Sahm may be in some trouble tho, Li Yong looking like a straight beast, that 1st time they fought Ah Sahm did get some hits in but Li Yong was taking his direct hits like nothing while he was knocking Ah Sahm down with his

Ah Toy business partner found out just how gully she is, seen her sword skills up close and personal, now it turns out that new young girl she got has the nice sword skills as well so she might be sent on a mission down the line by Ah Toy

Ah Sahm started slapping the **** outa that white dude in the brothel from being mad he lost his white P after Penny broke it off with him

Bill gave that Fung Hai henchman a beatdown and the other 1 ran away like a *****, Fung Hai going to need to send some better goons after Bill

Senator Crestwood giving that Trump like speech back in SF 1878

I'm still hoping to see either Ah Sahm or Li Yong to have a fight against Leary in s2 hopefully, Leary has shown he's the best boxer outa the irishmen so far

Penny gave a feminist speech for 1878 standards at the party

I see the Fun Hai Mongolians breaking off the alliance and turning against Long Zii when time is right for them

Dam Ah Sahm really got beat down to death's doorstep by Li Yong, good thing Penny, Big Bill, Lee and Ah Toy showed up to the fight or he would've got his neck snapped

When Penny asked Bill why he let his gun off to save Ah Sahm he didn't want to tell her the truth it was to not lose the $5 he wagered on Ah Sahm

Finally got some flashbacks of Ah Sahm and Mai Ling's backstory in China

Father Jun was cold when he left the fight early to beat traffic and then let Young Jun know Ah Sahm was immediately released from Hop Wei like a NFL franchise owner

Penny could've ran into her husband when she went to Ah Toy's brothel

Lee was able to fight off the 2 Fung Hai goons but the Fung Hai Leader gave him an Ah Sahm like beatdown

Damn this writing. Past ep was really good.

Ah Sahm had Li Yong beat. The critical blow to the solar plexus was more devestating than the double punch. Made no sense that it was what took Ah Sahm out of it and led to actual definitive crushing punch to the nose. They even showed how Li Yong had blurry vision when he sprang back to life like a wrestler pinned on two count.

Mai Ling coldblooded.

That ending was dope. Knew Lee didnt have a chance when the boss showed up.

Last edited:
oh so lee was tryin to help bill

i thought as soon as he left he turned around and tried to to tackle bill

Wang Chao and Ah Toy are probably the most interesting characters in the show to me, also found out Ah Toy was a real person in SF Chinatown she was the 1st prostitute in SF Chinatown that went on to open a chain of brothels so she was the 1st big Madam there

You can see Young Jun's pain when he told Ah Sahm they should've never came back to SF when they were in Carson City, could've took off with all that gold and his Native American chick, Ah Sahm could've just taken the other white girl that worked with her

Also dope Andrew Koji and Joe Taslim didn't use stunt doubles for the fight and did it all themselves

Season Finale was dope, really focused on each character's motivations. Buckley knows the biggest obstacle are the businessmen and govt officials that benefit from the cheap chinese labor. He wants to start the race riots and civil unrest that will force the government to act, which is basically what happened in real life. Loved the scenes with him and O'Leary this ep to show the different levels they operate in with the same goal of getting rid of the Chinese.

Ah Sahm got to see life from the coolie's perspective for the 1st time since he landed in America which now finally gives him a cause to fight for, basically joining Ah Toy, it'll be interesting to see in s2 how he balances being back with the Hop Wei while also with Ah Toy's cause and if he starts ****ing Penny again.

Speaking of Penny, the finale also set up the female characters great for s2, Penny will now most likely be running her father's businesses and we'll get to see how she deals with the suppliers, laborers etc. for cable car construction project. Mai Ling found out she got more than what she bargained for when she made a deal with that new Zing, with all the hatchet men he has along with Bill under him we can expect the Fung Hai to be a force in Chinatown. Ah Toy looks like she's grooming her new assistant and hopefully we'll see more of her role next season.

Bill is now working for the Fung Hai, O'Leary, and the Police Dept basically having 3 bosses he hates to work for. Also cool we got the backstory on Wang Chao's back scars now when he revealed his background of being a slave in Cuba for 11 yrs before he made it to America.

Ah Sahm factory fight scene was dope taking down 15 of O'Leary's irish goons while he watched, and then the lil teaser we got between their 1 on 1 which I hope we'll get more of in s2

Can't wait for s2 but I'm really hope when Netflix drops Wu Assassins later this yr it'll be good and hoping Amazon drops Tong Wars soon to get more of my fix on this late 1800s or early 1900s SF Chinatown Tong Wars content

Season finale didnt even feel like a finale. Seemed a bit like a truncated rushed journey for Ah Sahm being down and working as a coolie.

I thought he was gonna really carve out his own path in China town when he talked with Ah Toy and brought her those Irish men but he went back to being a hatchet man for the Hop Wei like Father Jun aint tell him he's out.

The ep felt like another so was coming until the way they wrapped things up at the end.

That Ah Sahm and O'Leary fight was dope.

It was an interesting pov O'Leary had for the scene where the black guys stupidly go to the bar to drink. Like they act like they dont know what it is. It'd be different if it was a character they were introducing that was openly defying the racist norms of the day.

Bill in some **** :lol: Serving too many masters.

The Fung Hai look like a real dope threat. Their leader dont play.

Look forward to s2.

Bill essentially replaced homie he murdered. I'm pretty sure I seent dead dude in a beer commercial. I feel like Young Jun might have to get his pops out the paint season 2.

I really ****s with the Chinese rap they got at the end of the episodes. Have no clue what they be saying when it's in Chinese but **** sounds hard. Overall it was a cool season. Hope they reach greater heights season 2.

I need netflix to drop a trailer for Wu Assassins so I can get my SF Chinatown Tong Wars fix, supposedly Wu Assassins should start August this yr just not an exact date yet

Sucks that Cinemax is out of the original series game. Especially since HBO Max isn't going to continue what they do. As a sister network to HBO they produced some great series.

I'm tight Warrior (and Jett) will have to find new homes or are basically cancelled.

Really don't know why the wouldn't just put the Cinemax shows on HBO Max, as they have some quality shows and it would expose them to a larger audience.

Back
Top Bottom