🍎 OFFICIAL NEW YORK METS THREAD 🍎: V.s. Phillies 5/13-5/16

The entitled attitudes that some fans have is exactly why I'm on the player's side with the situation.

This "get in line boy, I pay your salary" is pretty demeaning and half of you wouldn't appreciate or tolerate someone addressing you as such.

Same mentality is what started the Malice brawl. You pay to come watch and be entertained. Paying as such doesn't earn you the right to act like an asshat. Whether it's the opposing team or the home team.

Baez and Lindor may be new here but there's nothing wrong with guys who can come in and cause a culture shift bc the Mets and some of the fans sure do need one!

:lol:

Yo, it's NY. That's all I can say.

The Rotten Apple is just another animal man. :lol:

Btw, I'd be completely down with a name change from Mets to Rotten Apples. :pimp:

edit:

Strictly a secondary name like Bronx Bombers

:lol:

At least the trade deadline is behind us. Sandy doesn't need to do anything much now except call up/down

Craziest part is he was coming from a party at cohens house lol

which is why I believe they havent fired him.

They fire Zack and Zack could go on and suit him. "Steve got me drunk then fired me".

lolol.

Seriously tho, why not get a cab man? smh

7E00DC54-3E94-463A-B2EA-7109E6431C96.jpeg

That was a very entertaining game tonight. Blew a 2 run lead in the 9th, retook the lead and win in the 10th.

Back to .500 and only 4.5 games out of first.

Ninth inning was crazy for the Nats with the Soto homer and then the collision at the plate.

Villar with 4 hits. Nimmo on base 3 times. Polar Bear continues to mash @ Nationals Park.

LFGM

Disappointing loss in the 2nd game. But not devastating. The team should look at this as a minor bump in the road bc they did a good job battling back.

I was irked that Rojas sat Baez and Lindor for gm 2 when they both have been showing signs of getting hot. Not to mention losing Nimmo in gm 1 AND not having Dom available at all. Sit 1 if you need to (Baez or Lindor), not both. No Nimmo also forced him to move Pete up which I also didn't like. Just bizarre decisions by Rojas for gm 2 which made it seem like he was waving the white flag by trotting out such a subpar offense to start gm 2.

4 through 9 batters were 1 for 15. :sick:

As for gm 1, that was a hell of a game from start to finish. Too many good things happened to list. :pimp:

Villar getting 7 straight hits over 2 games should definitely be acknowledged though.

Well gee, look what happens when you insert 2 guys who are sizzling hot back into the lineup. :lol:

Nats are the last team struggling hitters need to sit against.

3.5 back of first guys.

Oh we just gonna turn around and win now?
If the padres weren't so good I would say we have a chance at that 2nd WC spot but 4 teams ahead of us have to lose and we have to keep winning. Never say never though.

Tough one to lose.

The tying run for the Nats looked like he didn't touch the plate but they said not enough evidence to overturn. Pretty frustrating to have just 3 lousy replay angles. It's 2021, everything should be ultra hi-def with multiple camera views at this point. :smh:

Diaz wasn't sharp at all but no one is perfect. On to Miami.

Hoped the Mets went 4-1 series in DC

They need to sweep the Marlins before they face the Yankees

Im expecting us not making the playoffs.

Missing the playoffs I think would make Cohen even more aggressive.

I already have my wishlist for this offseason.

Im ok with Baez coming back but not if it costs us pitching. We need pitching and dont have any faith in Thor. Give him a 1 year minimum contract and give Stroman whatever he wants. Conforto, thank you for your time, bye bye.

Villar should be given a 1-3 year deal as he can be the 3rd baseman until Batty comes and fulfills his destiny as David Wright part2.

Back
Top Bottom