🎾 OFFICIAL AGASSI RETRO THREAD - ATC II 2024 Hot Lava 🎾

I bought 14 pair
Wut 
eek.gif

i only bought 2 , so i might be in for maybe 2 more 
nerd.gif

Last edited:
I really don´t get the point. 2014/15 these were on discount and could be had for as cheap as 50 dollars and then they put them out again a year later? And not only left stock but a newly produces shoe? 
I don´t get it but alright.. my pair still looks very good, no need for another.

Maybe grey eyelets to avoid the white plastic ones subject to yellowing?... nah...
Grey was closer to OG the 2008s and on the first pictures released on these 2016s. There it just looks like 2014s.
Hot lava? Not again.

The timing of this is just all too strange... when it's technically not even the 25th anniversary.  Plus the random changes.  I don't get it. 

I have 1 '14's and still have 1 DS pair of '08's, so I'm good.  Just bring on the IV's, dammit! 

I really think the grey eyelet is so you can tell the difference between the '14 vs the '16 pair. This seems to be standard practice with any retro.

Last edited:
These will sit, I'm in with a major discount
are we talking about the lavas?  if so, thatd be great.  i have too many in the queue and my zeal for these is on the back burner. 

Last edited:
Ha! One 14 pair and two 08 pairs. Think of how many pairs you could get for the cost of one air pressure. :nerd:

Same here. I have 2 pairs of '08s (one I wear and one DS) & a pair of the '14 I haven't worn yet. You could buy several pairs for the price of the Air Pressure, though I'm guilty, as I did buy a pair of those! :smile:

Last edited:
Same here. I have 2 pairs of '08s (one I wear and one DS) & a pair of the '14 I haven't worn yet. You could buy several pairs for the price of the Air Pressure, though I'm guilty, as I did buy a pair of those! :smile:

Yea I'm about to have to unds the second 08 pair. The Air Pressures are really nice and I was tempted to buy it but haven't done it yet. I guess I was hoping they would come up with other colorways.

Yea I'm about to have to unds the second 08 pair. The Air Pressures are really nice and I was tempted to buy it but haven't done it yet. I guess I was hoping they would come up with other colorways.

Other colorways would be great but it will always be the color released yesterday (OG) that I remember in the stores when I was an early teenager & couldn't get them.

Other colorways would be great but it will always be the color released yesterday (OG) that I remember in the stores when I was an early teenager & couldn't get them.

Yea for nostalgia reasons I could see why you would want that colorway as that's what I remember when they originally released. Same with why I get annoyed when they make a subtle change with the lavas or not so subtle when they mute the color.

Last edited:
I seriously don't understand why another release is a problem for anyone. Maybe they're going to keep the silhouette on shelves like af1 or am90. I think that would be a positive thing. Better chance of new color ways and possibly OGs (like the OG Sprite atc2) dropping in future.

I'd rather be able to cop lavas and other atcs off shelves whenever rather than wait 18 years between retros. Don't like em - don't buy em. But if you a fan of the silhouette how could keeping it around be a bad thing?

100% agree with abracadabra.

Hot Lava's are one of those iconic shoes that I wouldn't mind if they were available at all times. You beat up your current pair, no problem, just buy another one.

This. If they can finally get the shade of pink on the Lava right, I'm definitely in for more.

Peace,
J

getting the color correct isn't as easy as it seems. All OG pairs in the Nike vault have aged, color changes over time no matter what storage method is used. even if you have a photo or print, that has aged as well.

Everyone of us including me has an idea of what hot lava, cement, military blue...... looks like, some of us will be disappointed as always.

getting the color correct isn't as easy as it seems. All OG pairs in the Nike vault have aged, color changes over time no matter what storage method is used. even if you have a photo or print, that has aged as well.

Everyone of us including me has an idea of what hot lava, cement, military blue...... looks like, some of us will be disappointed as always.

Normally I'd agree, except they're going backwards. The 06 pairs were damn near perfect. The 14's were bubble gum pink. The OG's were neon/hot pink. It can't be that hard to not mute the color when they have 17 different shades of "crimson." I'm not saying they need to be perfect, but at least try to get it close.

Peace,
J

Yea Nike doesn't really have an excuse to be off on one of their most iconic shoes of all time. It would be like making the red on the Chicago 1's look pink instead of red. They've displayed the hot lava shoe all over and it wasn''t just a subtle change, it was drastic. The 08 was very close to the original while the 14 pair was almost red.

Yea Nike doesn't really have an excuse to be off on one of their most iconic shoes of all time. It would be like making the red on the Chicago 1's look pink instead of red. They've displayed the hot lava shoe all over and it wasn''t just a subtle change, it was drastic. The 08 was very close to the original while the 14 pair was almost red.
This.

Normally I'd agree, except they're going backwards. The 06 pairs were damn near perfect. The 14's were bubble gum pink. The OG's were neon/hot pink. It can't be that hard to not mute the color when they have 17 different shades of "crimson." I'm not saying they need to be perfect, but at least try to get it close.

Peace,
J
Completely agree.

The lava on the OGs has a more "hot" fluorescent look to it than the 2008s.  

Comparing the two up close it appears that the 1990 pair has just a tad more of an orange hue to the color and more saturation. 

Don't even get me started on the 2014 pair.  

They are so muted and far off from the originals it feels like a completely different colorway. 

Yea for nostalgia reasons I could see why you would want that colorway as that's what I remember when they originally released. Same with why I get annoyed when they make a subtle change with the lavas or not so subtle when they mute the color.

Totally agree with you buddy. When they make those little subtle changes, its a BIG annoyance! Wish they would just make the shoes the way they should be done.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom