🎾 OFFICIAL AGASSI RETRO THREAD - ATC II 2024 Hot Lava 🎾

Joined NT 10 years ago today... what a ride it's been!  Here's to many more, fam!

14039161265_4411362363.jpg

Rep'd to the ten year mark. Mine is officially next year. (Too bad we don't get credit for the lurking years..)

My 15th is next year.

NT has evolved in a mostly good way. Many new entitled millennial members but threads like these make it worth it.

Repped RhInoSpOrt and SinnerP, gotta show love to my fellow old guys.

Last edited:
(Too bad we don't get credit for the lurking years..)
Shout-out to Nike Park too! 
laugh.gif

That's crazy @SinnerP you've probably seen a lot in here over the years. Any standout memories?
Agassi-wise, I think it was 2007... I remember freaking out a bit when ATC2 retro pics surfaced.  Thank goodness they didn't stick with this!

12800676763_8e0cf52a6b_o.jpg

ATC's have come a long way since then. 

Don't you mean NiKePaRk, @SinnerP  ? :smile:

That was the first message board for me as well - good thing NT has not met the same demise...  I think it was from NP where I found gems like VintageUSA and Sneakersearch.

Shout-out to Nike Park too! :lol:

Agassi-wise, I think it was 2007... I remember freaking out a bit when ATC2 retro pics surfaced.  Thank goodness they didn't stick with this!
12800676763_8e0cf52a6b_o.jpg

ATC's have come a long way since then. 

Funny you mention Nike Park. A few years ago I decided to start writing about all the old sites that paved the way for all these message boards and blogs today with Nike Park being one of them. The original founder reached out to me good to see he's still around http://www.defynewyork.com/2014/02/05/schools-in-session-internet-sneaker-culture-part-2-nike-park/

Maybe I missed this but has he stated which sig shoe of his was/is his favorite?

He seems to wear the ATC2 a lot. Maybe thats why we see that model more so than others.

Yea I was gonna post the video again but definitely seems to be the II's with the lava as his favorite. I've heard him mention that a couple of times.

Last edited:

Close enough, I guess?

It truly is one the greatest shoes from Nike, style and cw 
Yea I was gonna post the video again but definitely seems to be the II's with the lava as his favorite. I've heard him mention that a couple of times.
As a casual fan of the game growing up, when I seen that shoe I had to have it. 

I think I might have called them Pink tho 
laugh.gif

The were always hot lava to me! :D

I wonder if we will see the Nike Air Tech Challenge Future's before the next cw of the IV's lol. I don't know what's taking Nike so long.

nyc757 nyc757 heard anything?

Last edited:
At 10 years old idolizing Agassi, I had no idea about "hot lava" didn't even know the official name of the sneaker until I tried to hunt them back down later in life

Nike needs to retro his gear from the 90s, just so unique! I had his stuff as a kid and early teen. Should have been more careful with them!

Was able to get the last size 10 atc iv off chimp store uk. For $91 shipped.! They have a 30% off footwear going on now
Footwear30. No other sizes were available

Last edited:
In everyone who grew up wearing ATC's in the 90's defense, "Hot Lava" and "Volt" and "Dark Grape-Cerise" weren't widely used until at least 2007 or later. It was pink, neon yellow, or black & purple. Or at least in Hawaii it was...

In any case... Happy Friday!

@dendecs
View media item 2198169

Was sketching for a custom CW on a 1992 Air Tour Challenge pair, browsing I realize grape/cerise been used on years before ATC IV.

Was sketching for a custom CW on a 1992 Air Tour Challenge pair, browsing I realize grape/cerise been used on years before ATC IV.
1992 is the year after the ATC IV's were released.  But these were actually released in 1991.  Same year as the ATC IV's.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom