🎾 OFFICIAL AGASSI RETRO THREAD - ATC II 2024 Hot Lava and 2025 Pink Racer🎾

For me Nike has dropped the ball. We got multiple color ways of the 2s in general release and premium editions. Meanwhile I get hopeful of what's to come. The Huarache was awful. The Flare was mediocre with bad materials. The 4 lows were nice but really boring. Then the 3s start up. Nice white silver volt color way (which I wore last weekend). The OG Volt was wonderful! My hopes and dreams are ready for more then we get a let down. The OG purple collar was butchered. Hopeful for a French Open slam edition 3 we get an all black denim which was a let down because it didn't match his clothing. The wheat pair (yuck) and Christmas (Original and must have). Now we have sample 3 pics that look great but no news. Pics of 4s but no news. Then we get premium edition 2s again. Just makes no sense.

Last edited:
How great would it be to get the white ultramarine 3 for summer? No we get laser 2s in several color ways that look like 2s that were already released and lavas again but with a grey eyelet.

Last edited:
I really don't mind new cws. I never understand how people think a shoe is "played out". Of course I love the OGs but when has nike ever released all the cws of any shoe in one round of retros? Never.

What's nice is they're keeping techs coming, which is great for people like me who aren't strict traditionalists, but also can be seen positively by the OG-only crowd as it keeps hope alive for more OG releases in the future.

Would yall have rather seen 2-3 OGs released of each silhouette with nothing else for another 5-10 years? Because that would make sense given nikes record. Taking the 08 releases as precedent, none of us would have guessed the 2s would have been put out consistently over 2 years at this point. And I remember that many of us, myself included, predicted the 4 would never happen.

I'm not going to sit here and say I love every cw. I have several I never wear (USO2,liquid limes-- for example), but I'm still amazed they exist and appreciate that such excellent silhouettes are being kept alive.

Also we must remember most people don't have nostalgia for the shoes or Agassi like this group, and most people only have a few pairs of sneakers anyway. They might see the laser pack and love it for entirely different reasons, and that's great. Buy what you like, wear what you like, for whatever reason.

I totally get it. We're getting stuff we haven't had in a long while. At the same time do we really need similar versions? Sure the USOpen gets a pass after that why do we need 4 more black based 2s? Not to mention other versions of the shoe with a color upper and a white sole. 5 black based color ways of the same shoe and there has only been 6 3s so far.

Last edited:
nike trying to pull me back in this ATC line huh 

perf on the cream is a no go ... black not bad though but ive been disciplined this year 
happy.gif

I'm fine with Nike making as many ATC II's they want. Hopefully it just means people are buying them and NIke knows the interest that we have in them. I just get annoyed when I see premium materials put on a new colorway and classics like the Flares get horrible quality leatther. If the IV's don't get the proper treatment with similar materials to the og's everyone will be disappointed. But sometimes making shoes like those ATC IV lows in black and white is just a waste. Nobody bought them even at $40 as everyone just wants the 3/4 originals before that nonsense. Put the emphasis on the originals and some gear to go along with tnem. Agassi has been re-signed with Nike now for 3 years and all they have released are the Agassi Beats World and hit the ball as loud as you can shirts along with the hats. I bought all of them and can't believe more haven't released.

Last edited:
I'm fine with Nike making as many ATC II's they want. Hopefully it just means people are buying them and NIke knows the interest that we have in them. I just get annoyed when I see premium materials put on a new colorway and classics like the Flares get horrible quality leatther. If the IV's don't get the proper treatment with similar materials to the og's everyone will be disappointed. But sometimes making shoes like those ATC IV lows in black and white is just a waste. Nobody bought them even at $40 as everyone just wants the 3/4 originals before that nonsense. Put the emphasis on the originals and some gear to go along with tnem. Agassi has been re-signed with Nike now for 3 years and all they have released are the Agassi Beats World and hit the ball as loud as you can shirts along with the hats. I bought all of them and can't believe more haven't released.
preach

I never understood why they didn't put the effort to put the OG's into production before some random colourway that no1 wants.

Same goes for not retro'ing the old challenge court tees

I never understood the low IV's and their half-assed attempt to retro some Challenge Court stuff.  

I never understood why they didn't put the effort to put the OG's into production before some random colourway that no1 wants.

Same goes for not retro'ing the old challenge court tees

The lack of clothing is inexplicable but the cw selection is pretty straightforward.

In the greater sneaker market not everyone would be interested in every OG cw, and many more people might be more interested in the retro+ cws (like the pseudo-high-fashion look of lasers for instance).

Also, if nike were to retro every OG colorway over a couple consecutive seasons they wouldn't have any OGs left to release in future, and they know they can sell serious heads a handful of retro+ while they wait for OGs that may or may not ever come back.

A lot of their marketing plans for these retro lines are derived from the Jordan line. But whereas a jumpman logo could sell anything to a large number of people, Agassi unfortunately doesn't have that kind of pull with the general public, so nike likely does better with a number of retro+ cws with subtle nods to the ATC/challenge lines.

I understand that logic to a point. But personally I feel Agassi stuff isn't on that Jordan level.

I think that double release of the lava is what annoyed me the most. So the people who wanted the lavas bought them. Then they re released that same colourway again but slightly tweaked! Wouldn't it have sold more in another OG colourway? Those lavas are sitting everywhere now.

Hopefully they don't think "oh no1 buys the of colourways so we won't make them" cos those sat

Longtime lurker...checkin in with a KOTD.

Took my brother to Six Flags this past Saturday.  

Didn't lose my iphone on Batman the ride., but it flew out of my pocket in 0 - 128mph real quick on Kingda Ka 
roll.gif

(Just got my replacement now)

Walk of shame back to the car pic on bro's phone.

The lack of clothing is inexplicable but the cw selection is pretty straightforward.

In the greater sneaker market not everyone would be interested in every OG cw, and many more people might be more interested in the retro+ cws (like the pseudo-high-fashion look of lasers for instance).

Also, if nike were to retro every OG colorway over a couple consecutive seasons they wouldn't have any OGs left to release in future, and they know they can sell serious heads a handful of retro+ while they wait for OGs that may or may not ever come back.

A lot of their marketing plans for these retro lines are derived from the Jordan line. But whereas a jumpman logo could sell anything to a large number of people, Agassi unfortunately doesn't have that kind of pull with the general public, so nike likely does better with a number of retro+ cws with subtle nods to the ATC/challenge lines.
I understand that logic to a point. But personally I feel Agassi stuff isn't on that Jordan level.

I think that double release of the lava is what annoyed me the most. So the people who wanted the lavas bought them. Then they re released that same colourway again but slightly tweaked! Wouldn't it have sold more in another OG colourway? Those lavas are sitting everywhere now.

Hopefully they don't think "oh no1 buys the of colourways so we won't make them" cos those sat
repped 

Back
Top Bottom