🎾 OFFICIAL AGASSI RETRO THREAD - ATC II 2024 Hot Lava and 2025 Pink Racer🎾

That was the one thing I always looked forward to, was the Nike booth. Brought a bunch of cash with me and always bought one of Agassi's match shirts while I was there (bought both blue long sleeve shirts, the blue that went with the Zoom IIs, the button down, etc. Plus hats. Then I went to the US Open store and stocked up on hats.

I miss the Grandstand court. From what I read it's not the same, right? That was such a great little gem on the grounds. Watched a very young Sharapova play on that well before she moved up the ranks. And watching Agassi vs Leander Paes on Armstrong was wonderful!

With social distancing the norm, I can't see this happening with fans. I really don't. It's sad.

The grandstand was awesome as was Louis Armstrong before they took it down. The grandstand which was attached to the right of Armstrong is now it's own Stadium further out on the grounds by the practice courts. It's a really nice stadium but nowhere near that same intimate setting that it used to have because it hold so many more people. And the good seats in the new Grandstand are separate tickets. I once saw Andre warming up on the Grandstand after it rained so that he could hit while they dried off Armstrong. I also used to watch him practice before the tournament started and sometimes he would hit with other pros. The practice courts are nothing like they used to be. Now they have monitors that tell you when the players are scheduled to appear. Back in the day, I knew exactly what time and court Andre would be on. Now if you're a fan of the current players, forget getting a chance to see them practice unless you sit above the court in the bleachers hours before they are schedued. They definitely completely ruined that experience. The practice courts used to be right in front of the players with simple metal bleachers. Now you can only see them from above with limited seating in the bleachers.

Last edited:
You don't see many Agassi videos from 1987 on YouTube and him wearing double wrist bands. The Air Trainer 1's haven't been retroed since 2012 and people are asking over $400 for them.

I still have my pair from the last release.

Last edited:
rm_gaps_fill_37565_7793_e0e5f784-cd35-47a4-8227-f48a9b81e794.jpg

Back
Top Bottom