🎾 Official Nike Tennis (and other brands as well) Thread 🎾

^ With a leather-upper, I don't think it's reasonable to assume that they'll be a performance-shoe.  Other than the outsole, it appears that there isn't any sort of re-enforcement on the upper.
The "Savile Row" Zoom Vapor 9 Tour LE uses flat laces instead of the usual oval ones and all the external durability elements that are typically seen on a Nike high performance tennis shoe have been replaced by brouging more often seen on a gentleman's dress shoe.
Pretty much telling you NOT to play in these! Lol.

I'd be surprised if can find these for close to retail down the road, but good luck.

Last edited:
^ Are you a toe-dragger? You might be able to get away with it if you're not, I guess.  

Toe dragging would not be good in these, agreed. I play a recreational game (and would prefer a Wilson shoe for more impact play for sure, but those don't look as cool!).

Mine shipped from NDC and should be here tomorrow. I'll post an on-feet pic if no one has done it by then. Strictly a casual shoe for me.

I'll have an extra size 11.5 in case anyone is interested.  My second pair gets here on Thursday from NDC.

It's a synthetic leather. Super soft, but I'd play tennis in them.

I chuckled when I saw that question asked to the mods on TW talk tennis.
Q- is the upper made from leather or synthetic?
A- It's synthetic leather!

99% of the brands don't make leather sneakers anymore. I decided to pickup the Diadora K stars from Holabird and that's because they had a coupon code I used.

What's up P? any word on the Nishikori all RED barricades?

Been lookin', but nada... only the Shanghais thus far! 

Like his previous multicolored Feathers, I think it's a JPN-only! 

Anyone got any idea on where to get some decals like so? Pics from the Talk Tennis site, but my account isn't active or whatever so I can't ask there.

Yeah it's a custom. It can be done with Vinyl decals. Kimguroo actually did a pretty good job on the RF logos on the lateral fingers and tongue tag. However, the sizing on the trophies on the heels are way too big and he strayed away from the actual PE version, putting it on the left foot as well. It starts getting gaudy when you OD on the logos, especially on Fed's vapors

Fed is rocking the Savile Rows against Djokovic (sorry that's the best pic I could take lol). Of course, Nike gave him a green swoosh to make it just a tad nicer than the retail version. They look great though and not particularly flashy, especially compared to Djokovic's foil lookin Adidas kicks.

Last edited:
Both Rafa and Fed are wearing their Bercy outfits, while Fed is wearing the Saville's 

WTH is going on with Nike Tennis!?

fad98efa385610994463b961131d7aab

NAC43VN-1.jpg

Nole's wearing the Adi Barricade 7.  The 8's have been out, but I guess he prefers those...

AMB7SB-1.jpg

Edit.

Barclays+ATP+World+Tour+Finals+Day+2+obK8bMjr6gox.jpg

Barclays+ATP+World+Tour+Finals+Day+2+ydP8awibu-Bx.jpg

Last edited:
That was a rough match to watch. But it hurts to see Fed not playing so well.

For some reason, I can not find myself rooting for Novack.

For some reason, I can not find myself rooting for Novack.
I feel the same way about Fed! 
tongue.gif

I didn't like Nole back then for all his "medical" antics, and while I wouldn't call myself a "fan", I've gained a lot of respect for him for how he's changed his game.  

Def a tough match to watch but it is what it is.

Fed has had his time in the sun and now that he's on the back side of 30, wife and twin girls now, it's inevitable.

What's impressive is his desire to still compete at this level and despite being banged up w back issues, he's still in it.

Though the aura of invincibility is gone, he's still a force and in the mix.

I just expect Fed to lose to the top players at this point, so when he wins it's a nice surprise. He can take a set off of these guys every now and then but I have little faith that he'll win a match.

Now the question is whether or not Nadal will get to 18 slams. My money is on yes. Fed is not going to win another one.

I just expect Fed to lose to the top players at this point, so when he wins it's a nice surprise. He can take a set off of these guys every now and then but I have little faith that he'll win a match.

Now the question is whether or not Nadal will get to 18 slams. My money is on yes. Fed is not going to win another one.
It saddens me to know that I feel the same way about Fed now. 

And I agree that Rafa will make it to 18, as long as he stays healthy as possible

Just got mine in. They're gorgeous in person.

Perfect blend between casual and performance imo

Last edited:
These are great! Love the colorway, the material, everything about it. The perfect blend between classy and casual.

Last edited:
Arg, gotta wait a few more hours till after work to get mine. Glad to hear you guys are excited.

Still awaiting mine to come in the mail. Looks like mine is due here on Thursday.

I'll be keeping watch on what kind of year Rafa has next year for sure.

Beautiful pics. I can't wait to get mine tomorrow.

Anybody know what shoes Berdych is wearing? They look like they could be black synthetic leather ZVT9s. It's hard to tell because they're pitch black but they have a similar shine to them as Federer's did yesterday. I've been out of the loop so maybe they're just regular ol' black ZVT9s. 

I think they're just iD ZV9's, since he only has a shoe-deal with Nike right now.

I'll check... 

038ee9a076e56798c3b24ee8a398e354

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom