🎾 Official Nike Tennis (and other brands as well) Thread 🎾

Tennis Warehouse will also be getting them. Awaiting word from tennis express
That is great news!  I use Tennis Warehouse for buying my tennis gear.  I've had only positive experiences with them.

This definitely increased my chances of getting a pair.  

I wonder what time they will be dropping.  Did they say?

Last edited:
That is great news!  I use Tennis Warehouse for buying my tennis gear.  I've had only positive experiences with them.

This definitely increased my chances of getting a pair.  

I wonder what time they will be dropping.  Did they say?

Sunday, 11/4 @ 9pm PST on Tennis Warehouse

Last edited:
Was messing around tennis warehouse and saw they were live. Too little too late. I was able to snag a pair from tennis express. Haven't shopped with them before, but hoping for the best. At least it's no tax and shipping. Strictly for casual for me.

Went live on NDC a couple minutes ago, and now already sold out. Thankfully got my order in. Those sold out way faster than I expected.

Keep refreshing. Just got to use my 20% voucher and $100 gift card at 9:38 eastern

Went live on NDC a couple minutes ago, and now already sold out. Thankfully got my order in. Those sold out way faster than I expected.
I never would have thought there would be hype for a Zoom Vapor 9 shoe.  

My goodness, these sold out with the quickness.  By the time I woke up, there was only a Size 8 left on NDC.

Wonder how many pairs were made, or if there were just that many people interested in these.  

Wow, I thought these were going to be easy cops. I'm glad I grabbed a pair from Tennis Express last night or I would have been screwed. 

I am totally surprised these went so quick as well. I got really lucky. Hoping when I see them in person I can pull them off as casual Friday shoes. I suppose Federer is an international star so I suppose it should not be a surprise that many people want this shoe. At least that's what I'm wishing and nothing having to do with re-selling/beasting.

I am totally surprised these went so quick as well. I got really lucky. Hoping when I see them in person I can pull them off as casual Friday shoes. I suppose Federer is an international star so I suppose it should not be a surprise that many people want this shoe. At least that's what I'm wishing and nothing having to do with re-selling/beasting.
Just looked up "Zoom Vapor 9" on eBay, and unsurprisingly, it's flooded with people selling these shoes.  

I hope the people that really wanted this shoe were able to get it.  It's sad, I bet 1/2 the people selling the shoe probably don't even know much about Federer at all.

This is the first CW of the Zoom Vapor 9 that I have seen sell out instantly.  (Excluding the RF 287).  Literally every other colorway went on clearance before they sold out.

It's unbelievable what the words "Limited Edition" can do.  

Yeah I checked eBay an hour or so ago and no surprise there. Pretty pathetic what people will do to try to make a quick buck.

The Wimbledon shoe this year and the US Open 3M shoe this year both had "LE" attached and they did sell out fairly quickly. Not immediate, but still a short time. The thing with those, though, was that Nike didn't tweet the link for an hour or so after they originally showed up on the new page. But once they tweeted the link they went pretty quick. For this one they sent the tweet out at the same time that they showed up on the site.

It's sad that beasts/resellers have hopped on the Fed bandwagon since that makes it harder for the true fans to get them. But with popularity in sneakers at probably an all-time high, it's not terribly surprising that it's happened.

Yeah I checked eBay an hour or so ago and no surprise there. Pretty pathetic what people will do to try to make a quick buck.

The Wimbledon shoe this year and the US Open 3M shoe this year both had "LE" attached and they did sell out fairly quickly. Not immediate, but still a short time. The thing with those, though, was that Nike didn't tweet the link for an hour or so after they originally showed up on the new page. But once they tweeted the link they went pretty quick. For this one they sent the tweet out at the same time that they showed up on the site.

It's sad that beasts/resellers have hopped on the Fed bandwagon since that makes it harder for the true fans to get them. But with popularity in sneakers at probably an all-time high, it's not terribly surprising that it's happened.
Oh yea, I forgot about those.  The only reason the Wimbledon shoe got any attention was because Federer was banned from wearing them.  I don't know why people would pay >$150 for these because you can't even wear them outside.  They are meant for grass courts only, and there are no grass courts anywhere near me.

As for the US Open 3M shoe, I got the chance to check them out in person when I went to the US Open this year.  I do admit, the 3M was nice, but it's not worth paying an extra $20 on top of the retail price of $130.  I laugh at the resellers who are stuck with the shoe and can't sell them on eBay right now.  I am not paying $299 for an all black shoe with 3M on it.

My pair of the Saville Row's should be in Wednesday (hopefully).  

^ You can still wear his Wimbledons casually, I guess.  Kinda like wearing turf-trainers casually.  Just stay off wet-pavement!

mean.gif
 $&%*ing resellers. 
mean.gif

Last edited:
Anyone got any idea on where to get some decals like so? Pics from the Talk Tennis site, but my account isn't active or whatever so I can't ask there.

I really want to see these on feet (casually and on court) but only resellers seem to have these right now. Hopefully Federer will be wearing them tomorrow.

Last edited:
Probably just me but I'm not a fan of the Savile Row 9s. The 9s are easily my favorite overall tennis shoe but I just can't wear them outside the court personally. Just doesn't do it for me for casual wear. I also wear the 9s out so quickly on court so who knows how long those would last me with that upper (I'm not a toe dragger tho). But I hope these don't resell very well so those who missed out can get them for a reasonable price (retail).

Back
Top Bottom