🎾 Official Nike Tennis (and other brands as well) Thread 🎾

word? cause theyve been under my room light for hours and nothing, usually it would light up my mcflys nicely...

Got a pair of the GR Nadals, can't justify paying reseller prices for a shoe that looks almost the same.

Still looking for a pair for the right price.

Originally Posted by T21D

Originally Posted by Mr NikeTalk Sr

oh yea, and they dont actually glow in the dark -__-

Ahh YES they do homie. Let them sit in direct sunlight for about 20 minutes.

P, those Fed am Tr1's are
pimp.gif
, I know a dude who HAD the sample  rafa nike trainer sc
Yep... pic from Djokster on TalkTennis
They probably didn't glow as much as what you had in mind, but nonetheless still 'glow'.

fjexyb.jpg

Fred ~ And you didn't take a pic of Rafa's SC's??? 
laugh.gif

Its interesting that they have these iD trainers for guys like Rafa and Fed, but for say Rafa, I usually see him wear Air Maxes for his off-court kicks (from the pics I've seen anyway).  

Originally Posted by RuffRydya08

They don't got those Fed skylines anywhere here in NYC, they didn't even drop at Niketowns?
ONLY @ the tennis ctr. Word on the street from the cats on the tenniswarehouse message board, after the tourney, they ended in some of the local sporting goods or tennis shops around the city
eek.gif

jca998- I feel the same way, plan on getting the GR to play in. Besides, you can phone order a pair from NTNY.

Tennis Warehouse has a full size run with free 2 day shipping and no tax, $120 even.

Originally Posted by jca998

Tennis Warehouse has a full size run with free 2 day shipping and no tax, $120 even.
Yeah, the GR's...  not the US Open ones Fred has, which glow in the dark, have the Rafa & bull logo on the heels, as well as the bull logo on the medial instep.

Originally Posted by jca998

You can get them for $99.99 SHIPPED @Holabirdsports. As, SinnerP they are NOT cosmetically the same shoe.

I guess they're bulky, but I got flat feet and my right foot overpronates causing me to roll my ankles. Once the break in period sets it's a great shoe. I've had the first Vapors , that Leyton Hewitt rocked and those things were just awesome except for fit (too snug).

BTW- I went to a local pro shop to check out the rackets, I'm 8 years behind
laugh.gif
mad.gif
frown.gif
. Dude was talking on and on, I thought he was from another planet. I narrowed down the choices for
 me- Prince Ozone Tour Midplus  and for my old man, Wilson (K)Factor(K)Blade Team 104. Now the strings is another dilemma, I'm going to have go with brand specific  for the rackets, it's just so complicated.

Originally Posted by T21D

BTW- I went to a local pro shop to check out the rackets, I'm 8 years behind
laugh.gif
mad.gif
frown.gif
. Dude was talking on and on, I thought he was from another planet. I narrowed down the choices for me- Prince Ozone Tour Midplus  and for my old man, Wilson (K)Factor(K)Blade Team 104. Now the strings is another dilemma, I'm going to have go with brand specific  for the rackets, it's just so complicated.
laugh.gif
 Only 8 years?  The last time I bought a racket was in 1993!!!  Doubled-up on some Prince Graphites OS (incidentally bought from Holabird!) and never looked back... that is... until last week.  I finally caved and got the Prince EXO3 Graphite 100.  Went with it based on the fact that its the next-gen of what I've been using.  I've only played a couple of hours with it, but so far so good.  It uses the EXO3 port/hole grommets, but I'm gonna have to test out the string-hole grommets as well.  
Just been checking out your Prince and Wilson... they look like a couple of good players' sticks.  I like the Prince... a hefty, thin-beam racket.  Slap on a leather grip and you're good to go.

Yeah, I think the string-game has made more of an impact over the past few years than racket tech.  All these different kinds of polys and the different hybrid combinations you can try is really mind-boggling.  If you do decide to try a poly, just be mindful that its a harder string and might be a bit tough on your arm.  

Anyway, gametime fellas.  

I saw that video posted on TTW. I really can't stand the look of the next vapor model. It doesn't look anything like a tennis specific shoe to me, and it looks like it will have the same poor lateral support as the current model. 
I'm wondering if Nadal's neon US Open top will make it to the sale section of websites. I'm sure the black one won't because that's what he was wearing last night. 

^ Here's to a speedy recovery.

But, yeah, that thin upper looks a little too flimsy (to offer any proper lateral support, anyway). Ironic that they claim the Vapor is their "speed" shoe, but yet, Rafa is the guy who relies more on speed.

Yeah, the black/neons will probably increase in popularity... I'm liking the white ones more though. I just wished they'd come out with more colors of their Zoom Breathe Frees.

Originally Posted by SinnerP

^ Here's to a speedy recovery.

But, yeah, that thin upper looks a little too flimsy (to offer any proper lateral support, anyway). Ironic that they claim the Vapor is their "speed" shoe, but yet, Rafa is the guy who relies more on speed.

Yeah, the black/neons will probably increase in popularity... I'm liking the white ones more though. I just wished they'd come out with more colors of their Zoom Breathe Frees.

Thanks man. Going a little stir crazy at this point. 
I was thinking the same thing about the 2K10's. I wish they had more interesting colorways like the original Breathe Free II did. 

I know the GR and the PEs are completely different but I just can't justify +$300 for the for added glow in the dark and different symbols.

I actually like the NIKE symbol on the back, I'll probably get a pair of the PEs once the price settles down.

And thanks for posting Holabird, will call Tennis Warehouse to price match and I'll get another pair of the neon, a pair of the white with blue and a pair of the white with neon.

I wonder how much they are selling the Rafa shirts for, I'll find out tomorrow.

Thanks again for posting the price.

I don't think they are completely different. It's not even a separate colorway. I would prefer Rafa's logos but I ordered the GR for $100 shipped so the additional $200-250 seems crazy for me.

Anyway the CB 2.3 is a great shoe... the US Open version will be my 3rd pair. Glad too see the rebirth of signature kicks for tennis.

Nadal is THE man.

Hopefully my US open shirt and shorts come in soon.

Do you guys know if the shirt that he wore in the US Open, black with neon yellow, if it fits loose or tight?

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom