🎾 Official Nike Tennis (and other brands as well) Thread

is there going to be another colorway for world finals or pre aussie for fedal? last two years theyve had two kits.

I haven't seen it but based on the amount of footwear we are seeing I think there will be another shirt short combo

As a hat person, I'd be embarrassed to wear these. What was Nike thinking? I thought that the faded red and white hats from the USO couldn't get worse. A checkered bill!? You can't be serious....
Screenshot_20170929-174528.png

Also as a (RF) hat person, I'm embarrassed to wear any of the classic 99 RF hats. They're awful. Zero court functionality. What's worse marketing wise is they're sabotaging the female buyer as well, which I see just as much of at clubs. The classic hat is too big for me; my wife can't even strap it properly.
Nike needs to go back to the legacy91 or other lower profile style that a larger market can wear and play in. Even if it fit, not a lot of folks are gonna be playing in a hat that looks as tall as a trucker hat.

Also as a (RF) hat person, I'm embarrassed to wear any of the classic 99 RF hats. They're awful. Zero court functionality. What's worse marketing wise is they're sabotaging the female buyer as well, which I see just as much of at clubs. The classic hat is too big for me; my wife can't even strap it properly.
Nike needs to go back to the legacy91 or other lower profile style that a larger market can wear and play in. Even if it fit, not a lot of folks are gonna be playing in a hat that looks as tall as a trucker hat.
The only thing I like about the new hats is that they don't have the sticker on the bill, which I hated. It always left a sticky mark on the front. I did buy the green from from IW/Miami only because I saw it at TJ Maxx.

They make RF featherweight hats occasionally for special occasions, but it's rare. Wish they did all the time.
Good tip, I had no idea there were RF featherlights even tho I exclusively wear featherlight hats when I play.
Not a fan of the huge RF logo tbh.
JW3WnAO.jpg

What caused Nike to change all these fits with most of the line-up? e.g. Aerobill, Nadal drifit, RF legacy, featherlight?
None of them fit and look as good as the originals in my experience.
eBay has even all these hat resellers selling RF and Matador hats for $100 - 200+--ridiculous

Good tip, I had no idea there were RF featherlights even tho I exclusively wear featherlight hats when I play.
Not a fan of the huge RF logo tbh.
JW3WnAO.jpg

What caused Nike to change all these fits with most of the line-up? e.g. Aerobill, Nadal drifit, RF legacy, featherlight?
None of them fit and look as good as the originals in my experience.
eBay has even all these hat resellers selling RF and Matador hats for $100 - 200+--ridiculous

Agreed, I didn't like that one either. They had some of the standard small RF feather lights many years ago and have made a few more recently in youth sizes, but nothing else.

I don't understand it either. Surely Nike's merchants can't be that out of touch?

Yeah resellers are idiots. One guy has a bunch of original colorways like the gold wimbledons and black/reds for $500.

Also, of anyone has Fed hats that they don't like it are selling, I'm interested. I have 45, but almost nothing pre-2013.

Yeah resellers are idiots. One guy has a bunch of original colorways like the gold wimbledons and black/reds for $500.

Also, of anyone has Fed hats that they don't like it are selling, I'm interested. I have 45, but almost nothing pre-2013.

I'm with you. I've got around 40 myself (not counting duplicates). I've got a few Pre 2013 but not a ton. If you have any duplicates you want to trade let me know.

Atmos put up ig story saying 10/5 worldwide release. At least that's what translate said.

It also says super limited

Now I know where all the tennis stuff is going :tongue:
Well don't feel alone, all the stores close to me don't get squat either. I gotta drive an hour and a half to actually get to one that gets good stuff.

I have a brown RF hat with white letters that I could part with if you are interested.

Also, it's a good way to break up potential resellers since a lot of die hard fans are looking at em and tempted in buying just the one.

I would love to have a pair; however, as you say, I don't know if I could afford both at once.
The Dubai 2012 left shoe was really cool that Fed signed.
Loved that colorway on the Vapor 9.
Roger+Federer+2012+Australian+Open+Day+5+uM877LbFRV1l.jpg

I was the one that bought the shoe. It was the right shoe, priced at $800. Tough for me to pass up on that deal.

Back
Top Bottom