šŸŽ¾ Official Nike Tennis (and other brands as well) Thread

That's quite a hefty stick! Figured you'd ease in the weight, considering that you haven't played in so many years, but if your shoulder/arm can handle it, then go for it.

What's your string setup? I'm traditional in that I stick with my trusty Prince Syn Gut. None of that poly for me... no, thanks. šŸ˜…

18x20, Wilson sensation, Iā€™m a creature of habit.

70 lbs, u?

Last edited:
Anybody see what zverev was wearing
:emoji_thinking:
468FF750-D8B3-4EA1-801E-D2016545CEEA.jpeg
C5BEFC61-D753-4AF3-8FB9-C13BB1FA49D1.jpeg

18x20, Wilson sensation, Iā€™m a creature of habit.

70 lbs, u?
Me too. I'd rather stick with what I know. I tried poly a few times, but got tennis elbow. Dunno if it was the strings or just getting older, but eventually went back to syn gut.

My Graphite is 16x18. Never hit with a 18x20 before, so I wouldn't even know if I could feel the difference.

60lbs.

Me too. I'd rather stick with what I know. I tried poly a few times, but got tennis elbow. Dunno if it was the strings or just getting older, but eventually went back to syn gut.

My Graphite is 16x18. Never hit with a 18x20 before, so I wouldn't even know if I could feel the difference.

60lbs.
You should try a CO-POLY like hyper g soft or luxilon element at 48-52 lbs. it plays especially well in classic feeling sticks like pro staff, blade, prestige, ect

And 1820 you would know in an instant. Launch angle will be noticeably lower

Finally

I guess... Finally will stop wearing Osaka's xd

IMG_20230722_004120.jpg
I mean...they are basically making this shoe for him at this point. Makes no sense how they go through all this testing and come to the decision to do a global release and yet he plays them in one match and switches back. If that's the case just delay the debut until he actually agrees to switch to them:emoji_zipper_mouth:

You should try a CO-POLY like hyper g soft or luxilon element at 48-52 lbs. it plays especially well in classic feeling sticks like pro staff, blade, prestige, ect

And 1820 you would know in an instant. Launch angle will be noticeably lower
I've tried co-polys before, but didn't find it particularly good or bad... as well as low-tension setups, which I didn't care for.
I hit quite flat and am not a string-breaker, so I can't really get the full benefits of poly anyway.

It always irks me when I see beginners and novices playing with a full bed of poly. Pro-shop stringer shouldn't be recommending poly to those types of players, IMO. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

Back
Top Bottom