🎾 Official Nike Tennis (and other brands as well) Thread

honestly yonex is the only brand to show up this year in terms of apparel. Their purple and black kit at the beginning of the year was gorgeous but outrageously expensive and I have enjoyed the pin stripes and colors the yonex team have worn since clay sans wimby. But again, that kit is like $110 for a shirt and $115 for shorts. Just too much for me…..I’m curious what their New York kit will look like. All that said, I do like that yonex focused on three distinct kits for the entire year. And each one of them were dynamite, still too expensive but Nike could take note of that instead of flooding us with tons of ubiquitous apparel Non of which is unique or inspiring. My 2 🪙
1693354740893.png

Bro nah, these patterns are absolute caca.

Complete & utter GARBAGE!! 🗑️🗑️🗑️ I really want to know how that product meeting came about when ultimately deciding on what to retro and these were the shoes chosen! SERIOUSLY?!!! Of all shoes that Andre wore, the brain trust picked these, a shoe he didn't like at all (and correct me if I'm wrong, he wore once and was done with them)? WTF?!!

I would hope someone, anyone in the room that day, would have piped up and threw out ideas, like a remastered Flare, revisit the Alarms (which were already past the sample stage so the bulk of the work was done), bring back the LWPs and the "Tennis Sucks" campaign, or go backwards and maybe do an actual US release of all four colors of the ATC IVs like we all want, or maybe...JUST MAYBE think about doing something completely out of the blue and give us the OG, the shoe that started it all, the Air Tech Challenge 1 and blow everyone away!!

But NOOOOOO!!!! The higher ups pipe up and say no to everything, and say the Courtposite is the choice (because Foamposite) and everyone will be thrilled 😒. Hope these tank tremendously!!! What a bleeping joke!!! 😡😡😡🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

Last edited:
For me, when watching live tennis, it's more about the angle to the court than the level.
IMO, the "best seats in the house" are right behind the player.

If the seats are on the sidelines, I'd rather sit higher up than lower and having to turn my head left and right on every single shot.
So, nosebleeds aren't necessarily bad.

Well, Nike has done it again… the best looking shoe at the US Open is on a player they don’t sponsor. I was wondering if they’d keep making Dimitrov his 9.0s, or if he had just stockpiled a bunch knowing he’d jump ship at some point. His first two rounds, he wore all white ones, but this third round against Zverev, he’s sporting a pair with light green mesh triangles on the side to match the corner of his shirt. And they look sharp as hell. Good lord, I wish they’d re-release those bad boys…

Back
Top Bottom