šŸ’’ Married At First Sight šŸ‘°: S17 Denver 10/18/23 PREMIERE! HERE WE GO AGAIN!

How poorly will the "experts" do by the end of decision day?

• 0/5 - Truly the worst match making season ever!

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • 1/5 - Worse than usual but not a surprise

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • 2/5 - Just about right (not counting divorces after decision day)

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • 3/5 - The best they've done in years!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4/5 - Like Curry from 3, start of a couple matching streak?

• 5/5! - Unbelievable! Inconceivable! Real life?! Are they being paid to stay married now? Reunion tho

• Total voters
Just now catching up on Wednesdays episode:

A. For a long time I thought it made sense for the experts to match older people, primarily in their 30s, but one thing I'm realizing is that the older You are the more you're set in your ways. You can tell that so many of the cast members are just used to doing their own thing and aren't willing to or don't know how to compromise. In that way, people in their 20s might be better because they're more flexible.

B. This cat Jose is a trip. He's really using his credit score as a flex šŸ˜†šŸ˜†šŸ˜†

"I have a near perfect credit score, want to know what it is?"

Bro, nobody cares. Who has been gassing this guy up his whole life?

C. Bao and Johnny give me business partner/acquaintance vibes, not marriage. Neither of them seem to have a romantic bone in their bodies. I bet you Bao hasn't had her back blown out in years.

D. I think it's funny that they're addressing MAGA Ryan and Lib Brett. I think this is the first time they've ever talked about politics so explicitly. You can tell that Ryan was holding his tongue at that dinner when Maryla was talking about how she would never date a Republican šŸ˜†

E. I don't even understand why Marlya is on this show. It's very clear that she's particular about everything, wants everything a certain way, isn't flexible and doesn't want to compromise. Baby girl: You don't have to get married.

It seems like she wants a man who was an accessory to her life and will just do what she wants. She's not even willing to walk his dog while he's at work.

100% fax from A-E. Addressing Point A, it might be exacerbated by the fact that the negligent matchmakers leaned wayyyy too far into the ā€œopposites attractā€ motif.

1. Fiscally hyper-conservative and reckless spender
2. MAGA and Lib
3. Outdoorsy, pet loving, frugal spender and lavish vacation and luxury good/shopping fiend
4. Calm, nervous, young bol and slightly older, aggressive, potentially unstable shorty
5. OCD neat freak and someone who doesnā€™t care about personal hygiene or home place cleanliness

You canā€™t tell me that wasnā€™t done for chaos and the viewers benefit :lol:

Iā€™m way caught up. I didnā€™t like Gilā€™s friend coming at Myrla about like nice things. If sheā€™s not asking anyone to pay for it what does it matter? Also what should she have to change what she wants cuz he makes less? I donā€™t like that it feels like Gil is trying to humble her or bring her down on what she wants for herself in a relationship. Itā€™s cool if he doesnā€™t have but just say that. Asking if sheā€™d want a handmade blanket or Cartier bracelet is corny. He knows damn well he wouldnā€™t want a quilt. They need to stop matching women who make more than the men. They set her up from jump.

Boa is so rigid itā€™s kinda hard to watch. Itā€™s cool jet and Johnny knew each other. Hopefully that little foundation carries them through this.

looks like the black girl is about to be bugging out SMH come on sis

I donā€™t pay the other two much attention for now.

Bao and Johnny gotta communicate better. After one talk, Johnny was ready to rethink this whole process. Not everything gonna be roses. Why Johnny was out there on the paddle thing on his way to the CaribbeanIā€™m worried Bao doesnā€™t see a problem showing after working out. I felt Johnny when he said ā€œwhatā€™s so hard about rinsing?ā€ Thatā€™s just pure laziness on Baoā€™s part.

Jose was dying to let Rachel know what his credit score was :lol: Bruh is a bit too structured. Rachel going on a trip every month and two big trips a year is a bit OD. She seem the type to just splurge without thinking. Jose head gonna explode. Iā€™m surprised they havenā€™t smashed yet. Rachel waiting to get that thang yanked about Jose talking some stupid ****.

Ryan is MAGA. Erik lite from last season. What does Brett like to do? She just about scared of everything.

I chuckled when Myrla said to Michaela she wasnā€™t missing much on this honeymoon. She hates that place :lol: I donā€™t think sheā€™s the type to comprise which is why I believe she isnā€™t ready to get married. She doesnā€™t like dogsā€¦coolā€¦but donā€™t like them enough just take it for a walk? Like cā€™mon. Gil trying his best but manā€¦I donā€™t want him to look like a gump.

Seems like Virginia got a new dude. I don't think MAGA Erik would approve

Screenshot_20210829-190158_Instagram.jpg

7980C308-F759-4109-91D9-3CB90C63634B.gif

So I pulled up his IG and peeped his bio. Looks like ole boy is actually be of the MAFS producers:wow:
6008F3A6-92C7-44DF-BB3E-E0F8AA56F31E.jpeg

Iā€™m thinking damn, she smashed one of the the black network dudes. Erik has to be heated. However, after looking at the few pics he has, Iā€™m thinking heā€™s not getting in them guysand let they might just be ā€œfriendsā€
4DA27A33-85E6-41CB-A898-08815EC95B41.jpeg

01C800A0-7404-4AAF-B7F2-2D64866588E1.jpeg

066D1C1A-FCDB-4E9F-9381-6A1EED32DB43.jpeg

More power to both of them with whatever relationship and lifestyle choices they make, though

So I pulled up his IG and peeped his bio. Looks like ole boy is actually be of the MAFS producers:wow:

Iā€™m thinking damn, she smashed one of the the black network dudes. Erik has to be heated. However, after looking at the few pics he has, Iā€™m thinking heā€™s not getting in them guysand let they might just be ā€œfriendsā€

More power to both of them with whatever relationship and lifestyle choices they make, though

Good sleuthing. I wouldn't even call this guy a suspect, because there's nothing suspect about this guy. He definitely has some sugar in his tank. šŸ˜‚

More power to him though

Good sleuthing. I wouldn't even call this guy a suspect, because there's nothing suspect about this guy. He definitely has some sugar in his tank. šŸ˜‚

More power to him though
Youā€™re right. Homeboy just gotta work on his poses but itā€™s just hilarious because he just appears to be the complete opposite of Erik :lol:

Funny how ā€œworkplaceā€ relationships even play out on MAFS. Imagine seeing Virginia get sloppy for 8 weeks and spending a few more weeks editing footage and the whole time youā€™re plotting on how you can make a move on HER :lol:

Another season and all I see is chaos from the selections these "experts" have made. I really don't get why anyone is still putting their happiness in the hands of these people. It's obvious this is being done for entertainment purposes only. Then they try to make people feel bad for not liking/wanting things they're totally against, just to force them into staying on for the remainder of the show. This is just the honeymoon and there are red flags everywhere. I don't see anyone making to the end if they're honest with themselves.

Gil/Myrle: He is way too thirsty and too focused on being kissed by this woman like he can't understand they just met :smh:. If she ever plans on giving him anything he's gonna talk his way out of it. She just needs to find a sugar daddy and call it a day. Her time is up, no wealthy man wants to wife her. Date her, yes no doubt then be done. But not wife up.

Jose/Rachel: It's obvious to me that dude is looking for a beard. He's using his money to find a woman who wants to be kept and who won't trip about being in loveless marriage, only having sex to procreate. If she's smart, she'll pick up on it and dip on out before it goes any further.

Zack/Michaela: RUN!!!!!! Dude is way too young to be saddled by this crazy *** lady. Granted your honeymoon is a special occasion, but to be that upset at him getting sick is outrageous. Especially when you can plan something else once he's covid free. He needs to run fast and far.

Johnny/Bao: On the surface they seem like the perfect match, like it was written in the stars. College acquaintances reunited again. Her having a crush on him, that all of that sounds good. But she has some habits that are disgusting, and for a clean person like him it will take a toll. He's not showering 3x a day for no reason. Cleanliness and hygiene are important to him and he hopes it is important to his partner as well. It's one thing to be a neat freak and have to live with someone who isn't on that level. At the very least, you can pick up the slack and keep things in order at home. But when it comes to personal hygiene, you can't control what another adult does. That is going to be the issue for them moving forward. The fact that she made a justification for not showering after working out at the gym and going straight to bed in your outside clothes is cause for concern. If this happened once in a blue moon she wouldn't bring it up. It would be so insignificant you probably wouldn't even remember it. I can see she does this periodically, and that is disgusting. Johnny wont be able to handle that, and it will definitely kill the romance.

Brett/Ryan: No words, they bore me :lol::lol:

It's funny watching Brett and Ryan each ep seeing the warning sides knowing this is just a countdown to the relationship exploding.

Just wonder if he gtd first :pimp:

I been saying they need to just give some of these girls the dark meat for matches.

This is like the 3rd white girl from a failed marriage that got with a black guy :lol:

:rofl:

Well maybe VA is that freaky and she wants her 3sum that badly.

:lol: @ it being another MAFS employee.

Mryla would be spoiling the kid and getting all types of nasty secks from the kid. Gil playing it all wrong being Mr. Frugal. Not gone lie to yā€™all, not really into this season like that

Crazy how they can give us 5 couples and none of them hitting like that.

Especially compared to last season's cast.
Thereā€™s no real wildcard to spark things up and annoy/anger ppl ā€¦The scumbag level is lacking so far, but itā€™s still early

Johnny doesnā€™t want Bao. He finding that most littlest things to pick on about her. U turned off cause sheā€™s childish as it relates to her excitement? Who even looks that deep to peep that? :lol: Man Bao snoring on that plane right had to be some tv edit cause that couldnā€™t have been real :lol:

Michaela clingy as hell! But Zach, u have to take some blame. U couldā€™ve at least text if u didnā€™t wanna wake her up. But he called her out on her ****. She did exactly what she said she wouldnā€™t do if there was an argument.

I was thinking this season would go 2/5 but man itā€™s looking 0/5

Michaela crazy. That's it.

How you buggin because he left for 2 hours ain't answer your funky *** text and phone call. That's some dating ****, y'all not dating fool! :lol:

In reality, Johnny just not feeling Stanky Leg but he just don't want to keep harping on it, so he looks at other things to mask it. Forreal tho, Bao needs to get her adenoids checked out for her snoring, that's something that's fixable.

I knew someone was gonna screen grab that :lol:

but looking at the board, it looks confusing and I love math and figuring **** out. But this take the cake.

Looks like the 3k is his take home after 401k, hsa and stock (probably company) are deducted. Donā€™t know what the 1600 is for. Didnā€™t he say his house was paid for? Anyways, 800 goes to expense and 600 to savings monthly.

Gil is a corny thirsty dude, and has nothig in common with shorty. Everytime he opens his mouth shorty's pum pum dries up šŸ˜‚. He's never gonna crack that open.

Poor Johnny , lol. He might need to finesse it with Bao. Probably get her to take a shower with him. Be seductive or something, and get her out if that kiddie stuff.

Last edited:
This guy Johnny is a drama queen :lol:

Gil still thirsting.

Jose a loser.

Zack is overall right but in the moment he looks like he's trying to not make it work and give up. This makes her garner all the sympathy. He seems a bit soft though.

Back
Top Bottom