đź’’ Married At First Sight đź‘°: S17 Denver 10/18/23 PREMIERE! HERE WE GO AGAIN!

How poorly will the "experts" do by the end of decision day?

• 0/5 - Truly the worst match making season ever!

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • 1/5 - Worse than usual but not a surprise

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • 2/5 - Just about right (not counting divorces after decision day)

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • 3/5 - The best they've done in years!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4/5 - Like Curry from 3, start of a couple matching streak?

• 5/5! - Unbelievable! Inconceivable! Real life?! Are they being paid to stay married now? Reunion tho

• Total voters
Myrla big trash. She don't go to bbqs but her *** chowing down af 🤣

It's amazing how she is found a way to complain about everything.

She complained about her husband giving her a foot massage, she complained about her husband giving her surprise romantic gifts, she complained about the hotel that lifetime paid for them to stay in on the vacation that lifetime paid for them to go on and now she's complaining about going to barbecues. She just seems like a miserable person 🤣

She complained about her husband giving her a foot massage, she complained about her husband giving her surprise romantic gifts, she complained about the hotel that lifetime paid for them to stay in on the vacation that lifetime paid for them to go on and now she's complaining about going to barbecues. She just seems like a miserable person 🤣
Shorty def miserable…she destined to be one of them old ladies that complain bout “can’t find a good man” out here if Gill pass on her :lol: …Only thing she likes is shopping and fancy trips, I know she mad she a lil too old for the IG joint era :lol:

Johnny a self sabatoge type of cat

Zack ain’t ever gon look at his wife the same after she been wildin

Jose still weird af, you know yo just had to have everybody come see the crib :lol:

The white couple just not compatible, experts totally missed on that one

Rewatching the ep, I missed the first half last night...

I have no idea where Zach was going with that bee analogy..... :lol: . Michela's face said it all, but she ain't wanna say it. I think homie got violins playing in his head all the time lol.

Johnny GTD and the pillow is finally gone lol

She's definitely miserable, l don't even think she's made for marriage. It seems like she needs a sugar daddy, or someone to finance her lifestyle. Be around on occasion when she needs attention or physicality and that's it.

Shorty def miserable…she destined to be one of them old ladies that complain bout “can’t find a good man” out here if Gill pass on her :lol: …Only thing she likes is shopping and fancy trips, I know she mad she a lil too old for the IG joint era :lol:

Sadly l don't think Gil has the balls to pass on her. He's so damn thirsty, he'd probably stay in that wack *** relationship. Dude hasn't even gotten a kiss from this chick, like wtf? That whole l don't know you yet is getting old. Even on a blind date, if the vibe is right the attraction is there you'd kiss the person. Nobody is asking you to let him pound you out 🤣. Just show that you like the dude, and l don't think she does. Even if the physical attraction isn't there, some dudes can compensate for that with their intelligence, sense of humor, swag etc. Gil doesn't entice her in any way. She's biding her time until the 8 wks are over and calling it quits

Guess she finally saw the real scumbag in Erik.

Erik was incredibly condescending during their entire relationship. He talked to her like he was her father, not her husband.

It seems like she checked his white male privilege and he automatically went into defensive, MAGA mode 🤣

Virginia definitely has her flaws but let's not let Erik off the hook for being a holier than thou scumbag

Sadly l don't think Gil has the balls to pass on her. He's so damn thirsty, he'd probably stay in that wack *** relationship. Dude hasn't even gotten a kiss from this chick, like wtf? That whole l don't know you yet is getting old. Even on a blind date, if the vibe is right the attraction is there you'd kiss the person. Nobody is asking you to let him pound you out 🤣. Just show that you like the dude, and l don't think she does. Even if the physical attraction isn't there, some dudes can compensate for that with their intelligence, sense of humor, swag etc. Gil doesn't entice her in any way. She's biding her time until the 8 wks are over and calling it quits
Yea it’s usually a couple like this every season…One partner doesn’t understand the premise of the show or makes the other person jump thru hoops and alotta bs in the name of “we strangers” or “I move slow and gotta get to know you” …And the other partner wants a marriage so bad they’ll let any bs slide hoping the marriage sticks in the end

She's definitely miserable, l don't even think she's made for marriage. It seems like she needs a sugar daddy, or someone to finance her lifestyle. Be around on occasion when she needs attention or physicality and that's it.
Myrla has said repeatedly that she makes her own money to get herself nice things and doesn't want Gil's money.

So I don't think she wants a sugar daddy, just a dude on her level.

frshstunna frshstunna steebie j steebie j Agree with both of you. And you’re right, I’m probably off on the age. I don’t know what her whiteboard is looking like so I was just spitballing numbers in my head. Just seemed like a lot but then I didn’t factor in the no state income tax, lower cost of living and her probably making more than I thought.

IMO, you can’t get married at first sight then try to drastically change your partners spending habits. You’re just gonna have to live with it and if that’s a dealbreaker then that’s a dealbreaker 🤷‍♂️ This season is just showing why going on this show is such a bad idea :lol:

Also - I just started watching live last year during quarantine but saw a few prior seasons. I think y’all said Johnny/Bao was the first Asian couple. I’m pretty certain they’ve never had an interracial couple but was it ever revealed why? Too risky?

I’ll never understand why this thread is pressed for interracial couples but they’ve said many of the women are not as open to an interracial marriage as the men are. I wanna say the white women are not as open to marrying non white men but i can’t remember if that was said specifically in whatever article i read years ago. Besides there have been interracial couples with a non black woman of color & a white man. Ryan & Clara were the first WW/BM couple

So i found out my homegirl does casting for MAFS and other shows. Which one of y’all is trying to get on tv? :lol:
@kaymiekasting on IG

She used to do game shows like price is right but now she is in reality tv dating :lol:

I just moved to Boston. Have your girl hook it up :lol:

I wish y’all would stop saying Myrla wants a sugar daddy. It’s been made very clear she is able to buy herself the things she’s telling Gil she wants. She was doing those things before him and shouldn’t have to stop cuz he can’t afford them or doesn’t prioritize them. She said she grew up poor and money is a big motivator for her. I can’t be too mad at that. From what we’ve seen she has more in savings than he does and she doesn’t carry and debt from her shopping and vacations. I’m pretty sure she said at one point that she only makes those big purchases a few times a year. I bet Gil focusing on how she spends her money is a turn off for her.
Sometimes I can’t tell if the things she says are her just messing with him and jokingly flirting in her own way or if she’s really serious and kind of annoyed by him. If she’s serious she’s gonna need to relax. I wouldn’t be surprised if the last few episodes all of the sudden she kisses him and they are saying I love you. This show does some ridiculous stuff with editing so I don’t always believe what’s being shown to us with some people.
One thing I hate about this show is people who come on here and play the stranger card all season. You knew what this was. You don’t have to have sex ok the first day but if it takesyou two months to kiss someone stay off my tv please.

Michaela is gonna drive Zach away if she hasn’t already. He had that one fight & hes over it. She’s kinda nuts in how she reacts to things. She probably likes that we fight hard but love harder **** and Zach is having none of it. That bee thing was all over the place tho.

I don’t see gay with Jose like y’all but I hate his beard. It draws too much attention to his mouth which isn’t shaped like that Paul Frank monkey. Other than that I don’t pay him or the white couple much attention
D3237D40-0C47-4F8B-9CDF-D8D2EF01ED12.png

I’m still confused on what Johnny’s problem is. Last week he was crying about if he was ready for marriage and I didn’t know where that came from. I’d have to agree with whoever said he’s probably used to dating white women. But he was in that Asian student group with Bao in college so maybe not. Bao can be kind of intense from what we’ve seen but what you see is what Johnny gets with her while Johnny seems to have a lot going on internally that she’s not always fully aware of.

@kaymiekasting on IG

She used to do game shows like price is right but now she is in reality tv dating :lol:

Next season is Boston? I thought next season is San Diego? Maybe they’re shooting San Diego now and shooting Boston after San Diego.

Gil seems pretty chill but he’s not doing anything romantic (other than the foot rub) to win Myrla over. Their relationship seems like an odd close friendship vibe. They joke around and crack on each other a little to much. He also gossips about the other guys to Myrla a lot. Seems like a chill dude to be around but “bro-code” is dead with him lol! How awkward was it when he was rubbing Myrla’s back and neck when the ladies were gossiping in the bedroom at the bbq? Lmao!!

I can tell Myrla actually really likes Gil. But something about her is not clicking when he wants more affection. She needs therapy badly to overcome whatever disconnection she is having. They should stay married but Myrla isn’t ready to be a wife, mother, or in any type of relationship at this phase in her life.

Zack is done with Michaela and rightfully so. Let it be a man who has a temper problem and cursing at his wife and ladies would be screaming for her to leave him ASAP!! Zack is a better man than me because this chick doesn’t even look stable. Earlier in the season she said something like “I had sex with my “f-buddy the night before she got the news from Dr. Pepper that she was going to be a wife”…. TF!! Nah! Michaela was never ready for marriage and I feel bad for Zack because you can tell he was ready to settle-down and be a husband/father. She needs therapy BADLY! Divorce her ASAP and run!!

Johnny is very less experienced than we think. He strikes me as a guy that doesn’t know the type of woman he can actually get. Bao is perfect for him but he’s acting as if he can get 9’s and 10’s based off of God knows what lol!Johnny better say yes, because any later in life, it’s only going to get harder and harder for him to find love.

Jose over compensates based off of his financial status. Rachel isn’t a Michaela but she has some issues she needs to work on, like getting over her ex and financial awareness. At first glance this couple looks perfect, but once you get past the surface level and look at the stark difference in values between the two, this is a horrible matchup. Jose said “I love you” back to Rachel but clearly he doesn’t mean it… I think they should divorce.

Ryan is spaced out and not interested in Brett’s “liberal mindset”. If this was the 90s or early 2000s I think it could work, but with today’s hyper political and racial climate Brett wouldn’t be accepted into the “Good Ole Boys first wives club” with her liberal mindset. Low key, Gil and Brett would’ve been the best matched couple of the season. Both seem compassionate and their personalities click. I’m not sure if the MAFS producers would’ve went that far into interracial marriage though.

Overall this season is terrible! I’ve been a fan of this show from the first NYC season and even the black lady spin-off show they did. The show is losing its authenticity and it’s like the producers stop picking worthy people for better ratings. Frankly, I don’t even think them doing that is helping the shows ratings. Reading the comments on IG and Twitter after each episode, everyone is saying how the show is becoming a reality tv soap opera.

Johnny a weird fella. Dude got on Bao cause she focused too much on her painting :lol: just killing the vibe. But hey got them cheeks and can’t stop thinking about it.

Myrla something else :lol: rates Gil foot massage 5/10, doesn’t like going over people’s houses and wants a brunch husband? I wonder if Gil was the type to wine and dine her and buy her expensive gifts, would he have gotten a kiss or some *** already?

Zach lost me on that story about the bees. Like one of them fake deep cats. He could’ve just simplified whatever he wanted to say without that long drawn out story. He still hurt and doesn’t look like there’s gonna be a resolve. Hopefully communication and actions are built to turn this marriage around.

Jose….why did it take him 4 years to figure out being in a relationship with a single mother wasn’t it? I learned the hard way leading someone on isn’t cool at all. Also cheating which Rachel did with her drunk ***. Her dude forgiving tho. She would’ve been done.

Earlier in the season she said something like “I had sex with my “f-buddy the night before she got the news from Dr. Pepper that she was going to be a wife”…. TF!! Nah! Michaela was never ready for marriage and I feel bad for Zack because you can tell he was ready to settle-down and be a husband/father. She needs therapy BADLY! Divorce her ASAP and run!!
Bruh what!?

I need to go back rewatch one of the earlier episodes.

That's a MAJOR red flag. That's some **** you should not share.

Last edited:
Bruh what!?

I need to go back rewatch one of the earlier episodes.

That's a MAJOR red flag. That's some **** you should not share.

I found it and it’s worst than what I stated. It’s episode 1 about an hour in when the ladies were all at the bar meeting for the first time. While Michaela was going through the process of being vetted for the MAFS show, she had a “f-buddy” and she broke things off with him AFTER she found out she got matched with Zack. Wild behavior!!

Back
Top Bottom