💒 Married At First Sight 👰: S17 Denver 10/18/23 PREMIERE! HERE WE GO AGAIN!

How poorly will the "experts" do by the end of decision day?

• 0/5 - Truly the worst match making season ever!

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • 1/5 - Worse than usual but not a surprise

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • 2/5 - Just about right (not counting divorces after decision day)

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • 3/5 - The best they've done in years!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4/5 - Like Curry from 3, start of a couple matching streak?

• 5/5! - Unbelievable! Inconceivable! Real life?! Are they being paid to stay married now? Reunion tho

• Total voters
Why did Myrla sign up for this? She’s not eem investing herself in the relationship. Talked **** about the breakfast, decided to work instead of meeting up with the rest of the cast, said ewww to his quilted blanket and got starry eyed when he mentioned Cartier.

If this was real life she would’ve been dismissed
That’s one miserable chick…Who down there in Houston gassing shorty up to have her acting like this ?? :lol: …This another one of those situations where it’s gon be on the dude to see how much yo really wants to be married cuz she not even trying

Jose’s wife sounds like she was 17 when talking bout finances, she better stop playing and let that man handle the bread :lol: …She keep talking bout independent and 50/50 but doesn’t even know how savings accounts work :lol: :smh:

TV Johnny wild erratic, never know what you getting from yo…And he really trying to GTD :lol: :pimp:

I know the Michaela type. She CRAZY.

She left her honeymoon cuz her husband had covid and couldn't be physically near him.

:lol: @ watching Conan O'Brien smash your wife. Johnny a weird ****

The couples' reaction to Gil not getting any kisses :lol: Gil a big freak driving the hell out of the sex talk.

Myrla has a horrible personality. Somebody hand her a foreveralone t shirt. Gil was killing me with that Barry Bonds cross earring. I couldn't stop looking at it :lol: .

I don't get Michela's reasoning for being around Zack with no mask. What is wrong with her?

Brett....not bad

Brett had them thangs thanging on Unfiltered the other night.
25981AA3-EDF7-45AD-9819-2075C4E65288.png

Definitely one of the most miserable people we've ever seen on the show. Complains about everything. Nothing is up to her standards. Gil is a very patient man

Michaela definitely comes office selfish. Imagine being angry at your husband for being sick

I been schleep this season yall. aught the first three episodes (7 hours of airtime on pre-wedding/wedding day :wow: :smh: :lol: ) and read the commentary in here leading up to Episode 4. This season has potential. Couple quick co-signs on and my observations/thoughts

Zach seems like a weird dude. He seems like one of those overachiever types who has a vision of how his life is going to look at 25, 30,etc. Seems like he's more enamored with being married than having a wife. Obviously he's a smart, well put together a guy but I get a weird vibe from him.
If course Zach is an overachiever, isn't he the only one in hia family that doesn't at least have a master's degree? He said he doesn't feel like he's good enough
Jose is really feeling himself. "I've bought and paid for two houses and got into a master's program, I'm perfect!". Just because you own a home, rental property and go to University of Phoenix doesn't make you perfect homeboy.
He seems a little too self-absorbed and into himself.

All of this. I already knew what time it was from his introduction in Episode 1. A lot of NASA cats are like that and just feeling themselves because of where they work. We always joke at my company and even in grad school “You know how someone works at NASA or went to MIT? They ****ing make sure to tell you.” Then he went off about having two houses, graduating college, “getting accepted to a Masters program” (very odd wording so I’m assuming he didn’t go) and being debt-free. He talks about all those things as if it makes him entitled to not just a wife but this MyPlayer wife that meets all 256 of his criteria. FOH.

He also got a little sugar his tank. I feel bad for ole’ girl because she got her body and mind right over the last nine months and this undercover brother is about to ruin her hard work with his f’ery:smh: |l

Gil and Myra and Brett and Ryan are DOA. 0% chance those two couples make it
I hate when they make bad matches and they have picky people complaining. Myrla got way too many demands, you single cause of that. He partied, she doesn’t. He likes dogs, she doesn’t. She doesn’t like bald men, he’s bald. I don’t understand this match at all.

Honestly, Dr. Viv and Dr. Pepper need to be sued for malpractice, perhaps even stripped of their licenses, and Pastor Cal needs a lifetime ban from matchmaking after matching Gil and Myra. How you gonna match a shorty that says she doesn’t like bald guys and likes to splurge on designer **** with a bald, frugal firefighter? She mentioned red bottoms in her VOWS for Christ’s sake!!! That’s gross negligence right there. Wasting both people’s time. The only winners are us, the audience, so I’m not mad at it but c’mon man. Be less obvious about the chaos.

Brett/Ryan: Definitely not going to work out. Son looks shook, sweaty and spaced out all the damn time. He out there looking like a person who was kidnapped and told to act normal or his family was gonna get murked. Shaky warrior. Plus as someone mentioned, he has a strong MAGA resume and Brett may not be a hardcore liberal but I can tell she’s not with the MAGA ****s.

Zach/Michaela: This is another bad match IMO. Zach was like the Juelz Santana hands.gif just saying whatever, damn near mumble freestyling. Plus this “Hurricane K” alter ego? He’s too soft for that. He ain’t built to handle the type of woman that’s gonna pull out the big boy knife out the kitchen drawer while screaming “YOU BETTER STOP LYING TO ME *****! I AM NOT CRAZY!!!”

Johnny/Bao: IDGAF what y’all say. Johnny is the Vietnamese Patrick Bateman. Son had 10 of the same fits lined up like he’s a got damb cartoon character. Seems like he’s trying to smash all the time and likes touch but she’s not with it. At all. He’s trying to spread cheeks and she just wants to make spreadsheets.

After 3 episodes I’ll say 2/5 just to cover my *** (not even sure which 2) but there are visible deal breaking deficiencies in each couple IMO. Not sure we got scumbag HOFers this season. I need someone to surprise me.

Last edited:
Watched Episodes 4 and 5 while doing other activities so I may have missed some nuances but based on some of what was said in here, I have some thoughts

They been cutting costs since the pandemic started, you know they ain’t going back to spending :lol:
They get s13 in Texas under away but I guess covid restrictions hit the when they tried to leave the state or country and find a honeymoon destination.

Bingo. This was filmed in late 2020/early 2021, right? You weren’t getting to any A1 international then because of travel restrictions without it being for critical business needs that required you to be in country.

Why did Myrla sign up for this? She’s not eem investing herself in the relationship. Talked **** about the breakfast, decided to work instead of meeting up with the rest of the cast, said ewww to his quilted blanket and got starry eyed when he mentioned Cartier.

If this was real life she would’ve been dismissed
That’s one miserable chick…Who down there in Houston gassing shorty up to have her acting like this ?? :lol: …This another one of those situations where it’s gon be on the dude to see how much yo really wants to be married cuz she not even trying

I don’t know how she plays it this way off camera but I’ve encountered countless Myrla’s in my lifetime and she’s hustling backwards. You don’t come out the gate talking about red bottom this, Cartier that ESPECIALLY if you’re trying to get him to buy it for you. Gotta butter him up first, have at least one (preferably multiple) Game 6 LeBron performance in the sack and then you bring it up. But to lead with that means she knows she’s going to say no and since she’s playing with house money she’s just trying to boost her “profile” and a ee what she can get.

I know editing is involved heavy for the preview of the next episode but if Gil really is making a damn dog a dealbreaker then he need to get out.

I originally wanted to say that’s very Karen of him but after giving it thought, I think it applies to all people. When you go through traumatic experiences or extended periods of loneliness (the latter in Gil’s case), your pet is literally your road dog and someone not rocking with your pet becomes a deal breaker. Man hasn’t had a serious relationship in six years. Hype was there every day though so he’s going to chose over Myrla.

Michaela throwing fits cause she couldn’t be with Zach in the same room as he’s recovering from COVID? She different.

I’m glad that I’m not the only one who peeped this. Wild selfish. Zach is too young and lovestruck to peep that flag, though.

I’m surprised how none of y’all mentioned how Johnny invited NASA Drake to help him pick out a fit for his girl and the fact that Johnny copped ANOTHER blue buttonup just in a different fabric :lol: I was weak when he kept talking about her cheeks in the bathing suit too :lol: They’re the best couple and he’s the Alpha of all the dudes this season. Pulling for him :pimp:

Also, I can’t tell if maybe I’m the weird one here (which I probably am) but are these dudes coming off as thirsty? First off, a few of them openly said they wanted Stage 5 clingers. You’ve clearly never had one if you actively wish that upon yourself :lol: Second, I know you only have the 60-Day trial before making your decision but 3 days in and dudes are *****ing and moaning about not getting the P? Not only is it being filmed but you just met this person. No prior dating app messages or texts, no build up, no real chance to get them to want to give it up and you’re just expecting to get the yambs served on a silver platter?

I understand that they’re “married” but dudes are talmbout being with their partner 30,40,50 years from now….and they’re feeling some way about intimacy on Day 3? I don’t get it but maybe I just move different :lol:

Also, I can’t tell if maybe I’m the weird one here (which I probably am) but are these dudes coming off as thirsty? First off, a few of them openly said they wanted Stage 5 clingers. You’ve clearly never had one if you actively wish that upon yourself :lol: Second, I know you only have the 60-Day trial before making your decision but 3 days in and dudes are *****ing and moaning about not getting the P? Not only is it being filmed but you just met this person. No prior dating app messages or texts, no build up, no real chance to get them to want to give it up and you’re just expecting to get the yambs served on a silver platter?

I understand that they’re “married” but dudes are talmbout being with their partner 30,40,50 years from now….and they’re feeling some way about intimacy on Day 3? I don’t get it but maybe I just move different :lol:
It’s the compressed timeline that creates the weird vibes…They married so technically it should be smashing going on but at the same time everybody strangers…Most ppl that sign up for this show ain’t the best to navigate this type of situation tho so it’s ends up working out for our entertainment :lol:

From watching a couple of these type of reality shows I’ve been noticing these folks all got something “off” about em

Editing and the producers facilitate those kinds of questions. It's weird how Gil came down and met the other cast members and asked, any of y'all smash yet? lol. I'm sure he may not have asked that question within 10 minutes of walking down there, but still. You just met the wives for the first time coming down there and started off like that? But it's all for entertainment value.

It’s the compressed timeline that creates the weird vibes…They married so technically it should be smashing going on but at the same time everybody strangers…Most ppl that sign up for this show ain’t the best to navigate this type of situation tho so it’s ends up working out for our entertainment :lol:

From watching a couple of these type of reality shows I’ve been noticing these folks all got something “off” about em

I don’t know how you could watch any of the previous seasons and think “You know what….I’m going to put the task of finding my next wife in the hands of Pastor Cal, Dr. Pepper and Dr. Viv.” I agree about the people being off. Most normal is Gil. He’s on his “I’m just happy to be here” **** :lol:

Editing and the producers facilitate those kinds of questions. It's weird how Gil came down and met the other cast members and asked, any of y'all smash yet? lol. I'm sure he may not have asked that question within 10 minutes of walking down there, but still. You just met the wives for the first time coming down there and started off like that? But it's all for entertainment value.

Yeah, you can definitely tell at the suit/dress fittings the producers gave the friends promptsThat Gil question too :lol:

Is Ryan MAGA? :nerd:

Also, I must've missed all the ups and downs Johnny and Bao have been on in like 3 days :lol: Dude is blowing things out of proportion.

Jose not having sex as a priority is checking a box with a red flag for sure.

Erik and VA's couple cam is literally Erik feeding the dogs :rofl:Meanwhile, VA in MIA trying to get 3sums going.

Last edited:
Just finished watching this weeks. Some thoughts and commentary

I’ve REALLY been trying to give Myrla the benefit of the doubt partly because I’m empathetic to her backstory, partly because she looks like someone I’d match with on Bumble and go on a date with but she is unbearable :lol: They have NOTHING in common except their pops murders. You can tell she already knows she’s going to say no on D-Day. First it was her not entertaining the last name conversation again then how she said“This isn’t surreal to me. It doesn’t feel like a movie.” I love how Gil calls her “particular” :lol:

NASA Drake is a HAN. He is such a try hard. Feels like ole boy overcompensating for other things in his past and his zestiness. Bruh is blatantly ducking the yambs but them hugs, kisses and his credit score got her mesmerized. He’s a control freak but she has a lot of growing to do, though.

The Brett and Ryan match is getting more egregious every day. He was smashing heavy in these streets and she hadn’t kissed a man in two years. He is adventurous and she is scared of everything. He is MAGA and she’s a liberal. Horrible pairin:smh:

Johnny gotta be an NTer. All the conversations about showers, getting in bed with her work clothes on, shoes in the house, washing the sheets, etc. I was shocked at Bao having a one night stand before. Johnny getting lost in the open water and the boat just passing by had me weak :lol:

You can tell the producers are really seeking chaos by how they (likely) had plants instigate the politics conversation and ask about cheating during ‘Never Have I Ever’ :wow: Could have gotten ugly.

Looking forward to see them move-in next week because that’s when the drama really starts to pop off. Looks like we get our first glimpse and Crazy Michaela :pimp:

Is Ryan MAGA? :nerd:

100%. Works in oil and gas, from TX, likes hunting, etc. I thought I saw y’all discuss it in here weeks prior

100%. Works in oil and gas, from TX, likes hunting, etc. I thought I saw y’all discuss it in here weeks prior
I don't like to jump to conclusions and I'm just watching how he's moving but even now he is the most quietest MAGA boy I've seen.

Most don't smarten up and keep it on the low like him.

My thing is why even do this show? I feel like most of this reality TV stuff is mase for liberals to do. Very few Republicans find success in that liberal space

I don't like to jump to conclusions and I'm just watching how he's moving but even now he is the most quietest MAGA boy I've seen.

Most don't smarten up and keep it on the low like him.

My thing is why even do this show? I feel like most of this reality TV stuff is mase for liberals to do. Very few Republicans find success in that liberal space
He probably thought since it was Texas he’d be end up with a nice conservative girl. Maybe he’s not on his Insurrection MAGA but he’s definitely a Republican and she’s a Democrat, MAYBE a moderate. They all but say it.

During my binge of Epis 1-5 I was watching him specifically and wondering if he was on the show purely to raise his dating stock post-show. From one of the previews it looks like Brett confronts him about her homegirl seeing him on a dating app:nerd: You already know he’s gonna got the “That was old” card

Alright fellas I finally caught up.
-Zack doomed from jump. Young buck about to lose out on his prime for a 30 something crazy broad. The editing is crazy but there’s a scene where shorty is wilding over something and slams a door looking crazy :lol:
-Brett’s mouth bothers me but I bet da top is A1 :smokin Ryan is confirmed maga
- Johnny acting like the Asian bachelor confuses the hell out of me
-Rachel talking about she not going for looks had Jose in his feelings. Shorty is hit though :lol: Think it was her that had the bridesmaid with the curly hair that was:pimp:
- I am attracted to Mryla. She gives me spit in my mouth vibes. Gil seems like a chill dude but I don’t think they are a match.

Overall I think we go 0/5 this season.

Just now catching up on Wednesdays episode:

A. For a long time I thought it made sense for the experts to match older people, primarily in their 30s, but one thing I'm realizing is that the older You are the more you're set in your ways. You can tell that so many of the cast members are just used to doing their own thing and aren't willing to or don't know how to compromise. In that way, people in their 20s might be better because they're more flexible.

B. This cat Jose is a trip. He's really using his credit score as a flex 😆😆😆

"I have a near perfect credit score, want to know what it is?"

Bro, nobody cares. Who has been gassing this guy up his whole life?

C. Bao and Johnny give me business partner/acquaintance vibes, not marriage. Neither of them seem to have a romantic bone in their bodies. I bet you Bao hasn't had her back blown out in years.

D. I think it's funny that they're addressing MAGA Ryan and Lib Brett. I think this is the first time they've ever talked about politics so explicitly. You can tell that Ryan was holding his tongue at that dinner when Maryla was talking about how she would never date a Republican 😆

E. I don't even understand why Marlya is on this show. It's very clear that she's particular about everything, wants everything a certain way, isn't flexible and doesn't want to compromise. Baby girl: You don't have to get married.

It seems like she wants a man who was an accessory to her life and will just do what she wants. She's not even willing to walk his dog while he's at work.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom