🦅 THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES THREAD 🦅 | Salute to Jason Kelce and Fletcher Cox

Again,not the QB fault when he’s throwing to a spot he’s expecting the guy to be. Same as the INT vs PIT, threw it where he thought Ertz was expected to be but he gave up

Wentz confidence is shot, he misses routine throws every single game this season. Once is fluke, but every damn game? There's no excuse for that. He needs to be benched.

I feel like this entire coaching staff and organization thought they could use COVID and injuries as an excuse but no, I'm not giving them that. Doug consistently tries to blame the limited camp and injuries on why the team is so bad when we see several other teams having no problems. The number of rookie wide receivers better than Reagor is alarming, Howie put all that faith in him being our speedy threat yet we got ONE play of 20+ yards out of him all season. Meanwhile Chase Claypool KILLING, Justin Jefferson KILLING, Tee Higgins KILLING, Ceedee Lamb KILLING. Reagor doesn't even look that fast honestly, he ain't separating from average NFL CB's

I'm all in for the tank, we need the highest pick possible and need to take the best player on the board, period. IDC what position it is. No one on this team should feel secure in their position because they haven't earned it.
Benching Wentz to tank is fine. Scary part about that is Doug adjusting with Hurts and we win game lol it’s a lose lose situation

Let’s not act like Reagor ain’t miss most of the summer and half the season. He’s still tbd, he has the speed but when you can’t use it right it doesn’t matter

I really don’t get it. He doesn’t look like he should be in the league at all right now. How he went from top 10 to this in the span of 8 months is crazy

Terrible oline, bad weapons, piss poor coaching

All of this leads to hero ball and his mechanics goes out the window

failure from the top

When you can't deliver routine throws it's on you, not the receivers or coaching. Those underthrows to Goedert were a mess last night.

When you can't deliver routine throws it's on you, not the receivers or coaching. Those underthrows to Goedert were a mess last night.
That fair. What’s to say he would’ve caught it if it was on point because I vividly recall Goedert dropping those in the past

it’s a failure all over the place. I’m blaming everyone

Yea Carson missed some reads. My issue with him is that his throws come out so hot that he rarely gives his guy a shot to catch it on those shorter routes. I think Griese called it out perfectly, that he has issues with his trajectory. Press Taylor aka bestie not fixing that

You guys are giving this team too much credit to say "tank" as if this team could actually win if they wanted to:lol:

But I hope we don't win another game and revamp this entire coaching staff. I don't want another miraculous final stretch to sneak into the playoffs and then we have to go over this same nonsense again next year.

SB year aside, without those coaches during that year and the stars aligning, Doug's shown to just be average, maybe even below average, at best. When I think of Doug, I think of vanilla because of how many years in a row we've said that about him in here. Doug's more Vanilla than his Häagen-Dazs ice cream after meetings :smh:

Doug call questionable plays , Howie make terrible choices . You fix those two with a QB coach that’s gonna tell Wentz when he’s wrong and not kiss his a** then we’re back in business.

Is it crazy to think that Clowney hit had some long term mental impact on Carson? There still isn't a ton of information on head injury impact long term and it's strange he's been terrible since that playoff game.

He's had 0 games where you're like wow Wentz looks awesome. Not saying that's for sure the reason but idk if I can say it's a coincidence he hasn't played well even once since that game. Maybe there's some brain issue where he's not able to read the field how he once did.

Is it crazy to think that Clowney hit had some long term mental impact on Carson? There still isn't a ton of information on head injury impact long term and it's strange he's been terrible since that playoff game.

He's had 0 games where you're like wow Wentz looks awesome. Not saying that's for sure the reason but idk if I can say it's a coincidence he hasn't played well even once since that game. Maybe there's some brain issue where he's not able to read the field how he once did.

honestly I wouldn’t rule it out
Griese and Riddick were spittin last night

I want Riddick as our GM or draft evaluator or something that gives him say in building the roster. Howie needs to go entirely or sent back to the broom closet

Was talking to my boys in a group chat and as much as Howie has to go, Doug deserves more blame for Wentz than anything

We all knew he had mechanics issues coming out of NDSU and he had issues with accuracy and balls sailing high. This was known. Reich and DeFilippo for 2 years got some improvement in his mechanics. Now after the ACL injury and both Reich and Flip gone, Carson got put back in after Foles looks awful as usual but he’s forced to stay in the pocket while working with new coaches on his mechanics. Two years since and his mechanics in the pocket have gone to **** and it makes sense why he misses routine throws but can make all the ridiculous ones with ease.

Footwork and mechanics look just as bad as they did his rookie year. Doug literally sees him everyday and was a ****ing QB, and refuses to address it

Griese and Riddick were spittin last night

One of my favorite things they said last night which was sadly true is that we're in purgatory this season bc of how bad the division is.

Normally when you have 3 wins in week 12 it's a wrap for your season so if there's obvious decisions that need to be made, you make them. But the division is so crap that they're still in the hunt, so Lurie gets put in a weird position where he's like "we only have 3 wins so I gotta fire some people, but we're only half game out of first so should I let them keep going and hope they win the division?"

Owner is never gonna look at it like "let's lose the division and get a good draft pick"

One of my favorite things they said last night which was sadly true is that we're in purgatory this season bc of how bad the division is.

Normally when you have 3 wins in week 12 it's a wrap for your season so if there's obvious decisions that need to be made, you make them. But the division is so crap that they're still in the hunt, so Lurie gets put in a weird position where he's like "we only have 3 wins so I gotta fire some people, but we're only half game out of first so should I let them keep going and hope they win the division?"

Owner is never gonna look at it like "let's lose the division and get a good draft pick"
The only way I can see us winning is if Hurts starts and Doug adjusts. Carson can obviously win us games but he helps us lose even more lol

Doug's stubbornness and refusal to adapt is alarming for the future. He's obsessed with recreating 2017-18 glory. Let this season play out as it may, but I want Bieniemy moving forward. We need more Black HC in the league and Eric's shown his worth in KC under Andy.
Zero chance EB comes to Philly imo. He could have become head coach this past year and this off season he’s for sure gonna have his pick of the litter. Why come here where the QB situation is iffy when you can go to the Texans and have Deshaun Watson

IF we move on from Doug, I would like Joe Brady as a feasible option. Even Jim Caldwell

beinemy doesn’t work for us

we all know how great of a QB coach Andy Reid is, we need that.. not another one of his disciples

we’re not getting Andy along with him, along with the soon to be GOAT QB and the other parts of that offense

as I’ve stated we need to look at someone like Arthur smith who worked with and improved tannehill.. we’ve also seen joe brady work with QBs and build offenses

Back
Top Bottom