🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Scary Hours 3 11.17.23

Everyone besides like Nelly, Eazy and Jay-Z were 23 and younger.

You couldn't get a deal if you were "old". That's why Nelly lied about his age.

Dudes were litterally in high school putting out music like with Leaders.

De La, Tribe, LL, Run DMC, Kane, Rakim, G Rap, Mobb Deep, CNN...dudes were teenagers.

Big L's album came out when he was 20.

That's why I always laugh when people bring up age as a factor in wack rap. Like when Soulja Boy came out.

We're having two different discussions. I thought people were talking about content of the music, not quality of the rapping. Because Biggie is my guy, but he definitely wasn't rapping *about* anything that was enlightening. Same for a lot of people you named. They're legends and very good at rapping, but Nas had special content and perspective for that age. Biggie essentially rapped about the same things that Young Thug raps about just waaaay better. (That felt awful to type, but I'm going with it. :lol:)

Also, naming legends in rap against the field of people we have today is skewing the numbers. We have to look at the average rappers from then and the average rappers from today.

How is it overkill? He basically used the same formula as Drake did when launched two quick tracks against Meek. Joe was not about to wait for Drake to launch a stay scheming pt.2 , with a huge club record and everybody laughing and singing diss lines while they are partying at his expense.

What does people don't care about what he's doing even mean? I don't care about what anybody is doing because I'm not them. But if your talking about people don't care about his day to day relating to hiphop and his podcast I'd have to disagree as it looks like Jayz and Drake I'm sure a lot of rappers and entertainers listen to his podcast.

I'm not even gonna touch on the Alton Sterling thing that shouldn't have even been mentioned in your paragraph or even Lil B.

You have a problem with Joe using old vocals of Drake? Did you have a problem with Jayz showing Prodigy in a ballerina outfit in front thousands at Summerjam. Or when Jay had sex with Nas's ex just so he can use that later on if he had too? Hiphop is Game of Thrones anything and everything can be used against you. Dudes really swing for the fences.

Lastly, no Joe didn't spend hours and hours about Drake. He talked about Views on an episode. He was what 60 something episodes deep into his podcast and they talk about a kinds of stuff they didn't need Drake at all to have a successful pod

Yea...what you're defending isn't what I'm saying. Specifically, Joe dropped a diss on a night when a police shooting occurred. People don't care about that diss right now because something serious is happening. That's my only point. "People don't care about what he's doing." Whatever else you're saying is void.

Joe talks about Drake every single podcast, especially lately. Knock it off. Before Views and after. Plenty of Drake vs. Meek episodes too. He talks about Drake a lot...a lot. They acknowledge as much on their podcast. I promise you all totally there are at least 5 hours of Drake talk in those 60 episodes. at least.

And no, I don't have a problem with those other things because those people weren't cool/friendly with each other. Do whatever. If Jay was P's friend and then decided to air him about some **** they talked about when they kicked it, that's a violation.

But you obviously just read what you wanted to read though.

Last edited:
Why do you feel like those who don't agree with you are destroying the culture? I hate the new climate as well. All these clowns like Yachty, 21 savage, kodak make me sick knowing this is the future of mainstream Hip Hop. I support lyricists like Kendrick, Drake, Joey Bad***** etc. I'm just not down with instigating 2 men to diss each other over BS. The podcaster is the one destroying the culture by creating these false issues just so he can lure someone way above him into a battle. That's not gonna do nothing for the culture. Check yourself first fam honestly.
Lyricist like Kendrick and Joey then proceeds to name the man who sings one dance, hotline bling, hough, best I ever had, controlla I shouldn't even have to go on. He's turning "hip hop" into a lane Bieber can dabble in and out of.

Where is this One Dance video at

I'm probably one of the few who still appreciates (official quality) music videos

Lyricist like Kendrick and Joey then proceeds to name the man who sings one dance, hotline bling, hough, best I ever had, controlla I shouldn't even have to go on. He's turning "hip hop" into a lane Bieber can dabble in and out of.

Best I ever had is hiphop :pimp:

I was glad Joe mentioned him sliding on over to Gucci so quick after he got out. Drake doesn't even hide it.

Ok but let's not forget about the tons of other songs where he shows his lyrical ability

No one gonna say anything about Kanye doing it tho right
I'm pretty sure Kanye has many other problems going other than wave riding
Plus, this thread ain't about Kanye 
laugh.gif

No one gonna say anything about Kanye doing it tho right
Go in the gucci thread I called both of em out but this is the drake thread, so we will only mention his wave riding.

Last edited:
I'm 99% sure my opinion on gucci is biased, look at my avi. I'm 1000% your opinion on drake is biased, ovo is your name b.

Go in the gucci thread I called both of em out but this is the drake thread, so we will only mention his wave riding.

Gucci mane made a song with mariah but thats real hip hop [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji] i like gucci too but i just love the double standards , gucci is living like a 12 year old in suburbia with his girl treating him like her son but the world going to ignore that cause honestly gucci can do no wrong in the hood , he is beloved along with jeezy just ask any real ***** or stripper lol

Gucci mane made a song with mariah but thats real hip hop [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji] i like gucci too but i just love the double standards , gucci is living like a 12 year old in suburbia with his girl treating him like her son but the world going to ignore that cause honestly gucci can do no wrong in the hood , he is beloved along with jeezy just ask any real ***** or stripper lol

Ain't no double standard. 90% of these rappers do a "crossover" joint for that mainstream appeal. Besides The State v Radric Davis, name me another Gucci album/mixtape that's tried to appeal to the mainstream...

You're comparing Gucci laying up with his girl and trying to stay out of trouble, after being in jail for 2-3 years to Drake's *******t. That is hilarious :lol:

He's high man don't mind him. I never brought up drake features with Rihanna or anyone because that's a check that somebody offering to come lay a verse on a song. U ever heard gucci make hotline bling? Jeezy walking around gyrating to controlla? Put the pills down bro.

Man shut up Rico you slurp Kevin gates lmfao. ***** be saying Kevin gates bringing hip hop back :rofl:

Gucci mane trash

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom