🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Scary Hours 3 11.17.23

It's cause he was great at multiple facets of the game. Contrast that with drake who is great making hits and commercial stuff but his pen being in question auto bumps him down in the other facets. And his storytelling hasn't changed at all, he's still talking about the same ****. Contrast that to say K. Dot now, he's checking a lot more of those boxes.

That's definitely your opinion. Even the ***** flex who hating on him now was saying he was in the running for one of the best ever. Don't act like drake ain't got them verses :lol:. "Making hits and commercial stuff" [emoji]128514[/emoji]

Verses that are in question at the very least. I mean he admitted it himself.

And as much as I don't care for Jay he definitely checks most if not all of the boxes.

Last edited:
I know everyone answer will be different but I'm curious, who's in your type 5

Thread is weird now. I'll contribute the #Top5

1. Nas
2. Jay Z
3. Lil Boosie
4. Old Lil Wayne (02-07)
5. Pac

HONERABLE MENTION: DMX, Cam, Beanie Sigel, Rakim, Gucci Mane, BIG, Future, Ice Cube, KRS One

What y'all not about to do is start slandering Pac. That's what y'all not gone do. Nope. Got my cape ready.

tumblr_ncqmc8eJ7C1ss18y1o1_400.gif

And as much as I don't care for Jay he definitely checks most if not all of the boxes.

Never cared for HOV but he really has it all. Never thought about the fact he's stayed relevant through several eras in Hip Hop.

Y'all wylin for slandering PAC tho

I feel like 2Pac is criminally underrated when it comes to the pure raps. 

Especially Makaveli, circa 95 till death. He was really coming around and getting better / more sophisticated with the rapping. More metaphors, versatility with the flow was there, etc.

We all agree that HOV is number 1 right?

Pac
Nas
Big
Jay

Nas is leagues ahead of Jay-Z lyrically. I'll take Illmatic,It was Written, Stillmatic and Lost Tapes over Jays best 4 cds any day

Na.

Pac ain't even top 25 if we talking about rapping as an actual art form.

If we talking him as a person/artist/actor, he's transcendant but he was never that great of a rapper just very prolific.

What are you talking about? As an art form.
Have you ever heard Dear Mama, Tradin War Stories?
If Pac's music isn't the definition of art I don't know what is. How can you not visualize these bars?

Best lyricist never equaled best rapper. Nobody mentions Canibus ever and he could rap circles around anyone in his prime

Last edited:
In no order:

Nas
Jay
Pac
Big
Outkast (yea I know they're a group)

Next up: Rakim, K. Dot, Em, Wayne, Cube

I don't do top 5s.  I need more of a top 10-15 and don't feel like you can rate all rappers in a particular order because there have been 2-3yr runs where the hottest rapper in the world wasn't necessarily one of the best lyrically.

Biggie

Jay-Z

Nas

Pac

Kanye

Wayne

Fab

Busta

Cam

Eminem

Outkast

Mobb Deep

L.O.X

Wu-Tang

Big Pun

T.I.

Last edited:
toss up between him and wayne
I don't think i'll ever get people's infatuation with Lil Wayne 
ohwell.gif

In my younger days though, no one could tell me Lil Wayne wasn't everything though. I remember being in middle school and D1 and D2 was all I knew.

He was the epitome of a superstar though at his peak. 

Really interesting to see how these new rappers will be evaluated years from now when they aren't popping anymore.

None of the old legends had mixtapes that were essentially albums. So do they count towards an artist's discography when discussing them?

For instance, if we count mixtapes J. Cole has like 6 albums, but do we omit those when talking about Cole and ranking him?

I been listening to Kendrick since the "K. Dot," overly dedicated days. O.D. is like a full fledged album, that should count when you're evaluating these current guy's careers I think.

Back
Top Bottom