🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Scary Hours 3 11.17.23

Apple music generates 200 mil in a month with 20 million subs. Jay z is a always gonna be rich but if drake was on tidal it wouldnt have been 200 mil for 33%.

Flex and Charlemagne, honestly. Those interviews help the stations more than they could ever help Drake, at this point in his career. So to give them a win (Flex indirectly) doesn't really make sense. They soured that relationship. It was cool/funny to make fun of Drake for years and he didn't forget that they did it.

Any time he does press, it's a better look for the person doing it than it is for him. It's damn near a favor. Beyonce is in the same space with press. It's why everything she does comes from her world.

What more can he say that he didn't say in the Fader interview a few years back and the semtex joint from a couple months back? Seems like he covered everything that anyone would want to know.

^Those guys asked him soft questions and they barely followed up with anything. Just let him give his half assed explanations.

It's no coincidence he doesn't do the major hip hop shows, because he knows. It has nothing to do with him being "bigger" than anything either because all types of celebrities go on these outlets. Not just the ones who "need" it.

The semtex interview was full of soft questions? Really? I guess

I think he explicitly went in detail about everything with him.

Idk, maybe i'm missing something?

^Those guys asked him soft questions and they barely followed up with anything. Just let him give his half assed explanations.

It's no coincidence he doesn't do the major hip hop shows, because he knows. It has nothing to do with him being "bigger" than anything either because all types of celebrities go on these outlets. Not just the ones who "need" it.
he's a pop artist at this point. no point in doing 'hip-hop' radio shows. that's not his fanbase. simple as that.

Last edited by a moderator:
You mean when he kept saying he "collaborated" with Q Miller, and said that basically those song wouldn't be **** without him? Even tho QM came up with the concepts in the first place? :lol:

All he keep saying is that they worked together, and proceeded to blame everybody else for the situation between him and Meek, without explaining why, as one of the biggest rappers/artists in the world, you need help in the first place. Nobody STILL has yet to ask him about the Majid Jordan "tent full of writers" comments.

he's a pop artist at this point. no point in doing 'hip-hop' radio shows. that's not his fanbase. simple as that.

Cool. Remember this the next time you guys try to put him on a superior level when it comes to Hip Hop.

You mean when he kept saying he "collaborated" with Q Miller, and said that basically those song wouldn't be **** without him? Even tho QM came up with the concepts in the first place?
laugh.gif

All he keep saying is that they worked together, and proceeded to blame everybody else for the situation between him and Meek, without explaining why, as one of the biggest rappers/artists in the world, you need help in the first place. Nobody STILL has yet to ask him about the Majid Jordan "tent full of writers" comments.
Ahhhh I get it now. His answer(s) aren't what you wanted them to be
laugh.gif

I mean per the semtex interview, he was literally there working with QM on those songs. They came up with the concepts together. That's why it's rough to just take reference records w/o context. It's also on record that QM himself said that most of the project was done when he came into the fold.

If he says they collaborated on the records together, and QM says they worked on those records together, then that's indeed collaborating.

To keep it a buck, he could have 1000 writers and what not, but I think he went in detail about the entire process with QM in that semtex interview.  Not gonna turn this into some tired debate on Drake's writing thing so like, ima leave it here but there's just not much that we don't know about that entire ordeal and what not now.

Last edited:
what's funny is if QM came out and said "yea i wrote those records before Drake came along", these dudes would take that and run with it as definitive fact. 

But since it doesn't fit their narrative, cause QM said quite the opposite "we worked on those records together, they were pretty much done before I came in", now it's QM just trying to cover for Drake 
laugh.gif

Ahhhh I get it now. His answer(s) aren't what you wanted them to be :lol:

I mean per the semtex interview, he was literally there working with QM on those songs. They came up with the concepts together. That's why it's rough to just take reference records w/o context. It's also on record that QM himself said that most of the project was done when he came into the fold.

If he says they collaborated on the records together, and QM says they worked on those records together, then that's indeed collaborating.

To keep it a buck, he could have 1000 writers and what not, but I think he went in detail about the entire process with QM in that semtex interview.  Not gonna turn this into some tired debate on Drake's writing thing so like, ima leave it here but there's just not much that we don't know about that entire ordeal and what not now.

It's not even about them not being what I wanted them to be, I just saw the answers as deflections. That's just my opinion.

And the whole debate is tired, but the question was about why he doesn't go on these Hip Hop shows and it's clear he doesn't because he doesn't wanna deal with the tough **** that comes with those particular interviews.

Cool. Remember this the next time you guys try to put him on a superior level when it comes to Hip Hop.
no point in really arguing this really. it's all subjective...anyone will say any rapper is the best and make a case for it.

what's funny is if QM came out and said "yea i wrote those records before Drake came along", these dudes would take that and run with it as definitive fact. 

But since it doesn't fit their narrative, cause QM said quite the opposite "we worked on those records together, they were pretty much done before I came in", now it's QM just trying to cover for Drake :lol:  

Bro, I really don't give a ****. I was answering a question.

Y'all really have to stop lumping everybody who criticizes Drake into one group.

But since it doesn't fit their narrative, cause QM said quite the opposite "we worked on those records together, they were pretty much done before I came in", now it's QM just trying to cover for Drake 
laugh.gif

Bro, I really don't give a ****. I was answering a question.

Y'all really have to stop lumping everybody who criticizes Drake into one group.
I wasn't addressing you homie. It's the clowns that somehow believe some random strangers when it comes to the situation, only when it works in their favor to fit their narrative, that's weirdo behavior. Everyone got their own agenda

It's not even about them not being what I wanted them to be, I just saw the answers as deflections. That's just my opinion.

And the whole debate is tired, but the question was about why he doesn't go on these Hip Hop shows and it's clear he doesn't because he doesn't wanna deal with the tough **** that comes with those particular interviews.
But if they ask Drake what was up with him and QM, and he explicitly says they were in the studio, and collaborated on 5 or 6 records, how is that a deflection? He's literally saying exactly what happened?

In that same interview he also mentioned what he's done with his own pen, but that's never mentioned when it comes to drake and writing. But if that's your opinion, then so be it.

And idk why he doesn't do **** like Hot 97 w/ebro and TBC, but he didn't even do those when he first came out. Did do flex a couple times though. I can understand why he wouldn't do flex now, and since drake first got on the scene TBC ******* on him so I can kind of understand why he wouldn't do those either. I personally don't agree with the "tough question" thing because like I said, what questions are TBC gonna ask that he hasn't addressed by now?

It is what it is.

Last edited:
nobody listened to More Life and said "damn, this is a pure hip-hop album, it's one of the greatest", Drake at this point in his career is the furthest from 'hip-hop'

nobody listened to More Life and said "damn, this is a pure hip-hop album, it's one of the greatest", Drake at this point in his career is the furthest from 'hip-hop'
My only problem with this line of thinking is that Drake has Always been like this.

Literally SFG is half R&B, with full fledged ballads and crooning over 90's R&B samples and yet ****** was crowning drake as the newest hottest guy for HIP HOP.

Now all of a sudden he ain't hip-hop no more?

My only problem with this line of thinking is that Drake has Always been like this.

Literally SFG is half R&B, with full fledged ballads and crooning over 90's R&B samples and yet ****** was crowning drake as the newest hottest guy for HIP HOP.

Now all of a sudden he ain't hip-hop no more?
he's literally been on the same formula from the beginning 
laugh.gif
, only these dudes who wanna group him into some weird hip-hop purist fetish they have, just to say "he's not hip-hop!"...Drake been making the same music since the beginning, he's not looking to be the least bit 'hip-hop purist'

***** weird lmao even Drake himself said rap is something he does on the side

I don't think a guy who makes a song called 'Passionfruit' is looking to be crowned any kind of hip-hop king.

It's not even just the QM **** that needs addressing tho, I left that point out. It's all the allegations afterwards that have come up. The Hotline Bling/DRAM situation, Majid Jordan's comments, other **** people have said aboit his wave riding. I mean, people have asked questions, yes, but nobody has really dug into him about those allegations. But your point was fair enough.

he's literally been on the same formula from the beginning 
laugh.gif
, only these dudes who wanna group him into some weird hip-hop purist fetish they have, just to say "he's not hip-hop!"...Drake been making the same music since the beginning, he's not looking to be the least bit 'hip-hop purist'

***** weird lmao even Drake himself said rap is something he does on the side
This line was just some player **** he was rapping. He doesn't really believe this, hell on the AMA's he was on stage going on about how he loves Hip-Hop and how he's proud to make moments like this for HIP HOP
laugh.gif
that man just be talking

my point is, is that everyone from Flex, to Rosenberg, to any credible outlet when Drake first came on the scene, was crowning him as the next in line for HIP HOP, even though he was singing and making R&B / Pop records since the beginning. Now, all of a sudden because he's ballooned to this megastar, using the same formula he's used from jump now, and now he's not rap anymore? He's not Hip-Hop?

Also don't understand how guys like Super can make albums like HNDXX, or some of his earlier stuff where he's flat out crooning and making pop songs, but he's still "Hip-Hop." **** is inconsistent.

Back
Top Bottom