🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Scary Hours 3 11.17.23

Do you guys think Drake would have popped w/o Wayne and YM?

IMO absolutely.

Yes, but I’m not sure it would’ve been exactly the same style of music

Early on I was thinking how GOOD would be a good fit for him, this is if he was gonna continue making records like Going In For Life, Closer To My Dreams etc

I would be curious to hear someone’s reasoning on why he wouldn’t have because it seems pretty cut-and-dry to me.

I was on KTT earlier and there was a thread about it, and some people didn't agree.

IMO he was already plugged within the industry, he was already writing for others, he was the Myspace artist of the year which gives you some perspective on his buzz, AND most importantly, his team that's elite was already there. He already had 40, future, 1da, and Oliver.

Do you guys think Drake would have popped w/o Wayne and YM?

IMO absolutely.

He definitely would’ve blown up regardless. I honestly think he could've just went the indie route but its hard to go back and project because his brand wouldve prolly been a lot different.

Signing to Cash Money kinda gave him a known crew to come in with rather than just being this regular lightskin dude from Canada lone wolfing it. Birdman and them built the CM brand image up to have this vague “gang affiliated” edge but still be clean enough for mainstream. A lot black suburban kids have this weird almost inferiority complex w the streets and street _'s so I know that appealed to him at age 19-20. Plus he obviously respects Wayne a lot.

E12E4985-6343-4FBA-A741-12A8313FA477.jpeg

drake-gang.jpg

Last edited:
Not gonna happen but it’d be a true testament to his star power if he doesn’t put God’s Plan on it and the joint goes platinum in its first week.

Yea I’m kinda over that loophole people been using to cook the numbers

Back
Top Bottom