🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Scary Hours 3 11.17.23

3_A38_DFA8_13_C0_46_DB_B695_6024_C0_C34483.jpg

Drake's legacy is in a interesting place. If he's chasing pop, he's not gonna surpass MJ. If rap, he can pass Jay, but his music doesn't have the purist sound.

Not gonna happen but it’d be a true testament to his star power if he doesn’t put God’s Plan on it and the joint goes platinum in its first week.

Blink what up bro.

Would be interesting to see an artist not cook the books like that but Drake was one of the originators of this move so God's Plan will definitely be on there.

I wonder who will be the first cat with a big single that kinda breaks this mold.

Wow, I forgot about Heat of the Moment. I gotta go back and play that again. That dropped alongside another loosie, but I forget what one.

Wow, I forgot about Heat of the Moment. I gotta go back and play that again. That dropped alongside another loosie, but I forget what one.

How Bout Now
We Made It
Draft Day
0-100
2 On/Thoughtful (changed the actual word)
Girls Love Beyonce
Heat of the Moment
Can I
Schemin Up
Jodeci Freestyle
Trophies
My Side

All 2014 I believe

Last edited by a moderator:
:emoji_notes::emoji_notes::emoji_notes:
I don't wanna think about that right now
Heat of the moment
Heat of the moment, girl, heat of the moment
I ain't even got a strap, if you think we really need one I'm on it
The last man ****ed up, I'll take it since he doesn't want it
Can't think straight in the heat of the moment, heat of the moment
:emoji_notes::emoji_notes::emoji_notes:

He can't surpass jay in rap because he'll never have the "legit" credibility that Jay has. 1. because he's an actor and openly has never been street and 2. because of the whole ghostwriting fiasco.

At the end of the day any Drake conversation will have an asterisk on it and any "real rap fan" will scoff at you placing him at the top of your list. It's an argument you'll never win. Drake is in the Kanye category of emcees - an artist and entertainer - not in the Jay and Nas and BIG category: a pure rapper.

Kanye any day over all them overrated negros mentioned (except nas)m

Kanye transcends rap.

Nas is only mentioned in hip hop. Never moved pop culture like Ye or drake.

BIG most overrated rapper of all time. Drake passed him up years ago.

Back
Top Bottom