🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Scary Hours 3 11.17.23

I think I've settled on the fact that this is the best produced Drake album.. It's got a lot of "Underwater 40 beats", all the sample loops have been fire, the random way out there beat (Way 2 Sexy) was fire.

Are you forgetting If You’re Reading This..?

Now that I’ve had time to sit with CLB, there are minor changes I would make to it, that would IMO make the project more concise

re-purpose ‘Papi’s Home’

remove travis from ‘Fair Trade’ (song was perfect as is, no need for any feature)

shorten TSU intro (could be ‘yea, we back, tsu ladies’) then the song starts, also the outro was not needed, changes the pace of the song

place Travis on N 2 Deep (replace Future?) being that Drake sampled ‘Get Throwed’ why not throw a H-Town artist on the second half? (The beat was tailored for Travis to get his “it’s lit!” ad-lib off), sounds like it could’ve been on Astroworld

No Friends In The Industry could’ve been track 2 (IYRTITL vibes)

Knife Talk, give to 21 for his album, song is good, just doesn’t make sense here, give Project Pat a longer verse

7AM should’ve been a loosie/bonus. None of his timestamp songs have been on a studio album of his, this one is misplaced IMO

Race My Mind has this random segment where the beat just goes for 4 bars, throws the song off IMO, also sonically Drakes rap verse sounds loud as hell compared to the beat

Fountains a vibe but also misplaced, being on CLB

You Only Live Twice sounds dated

would’ve worked LNCL into the tracklisting (as opposed to slapping it at the end as a bonus)

This album suffers from being over-thought IMO, the overall sound is good but had some of it been stripped away, it would’ve flowed better IMO

I think I've settled on the fact that this is the best produced Drake album.. It's got a lot of "Underwater 40 beats", all the sample loops have been fire, the random way out there beat (Way 2 Sexy) was fire.
I was just thinking about this earlier at the gym, listening to Way 2 sexy, regardless off the lyrics if you just listen to the beat itself you can hear how high quality and expensive that beat was :lol: its a straight banger

"But I know you wanna roll with the gang, and I know you want the finest of things
Asking me about set-settling down, cus' you know that things are going my way" - :pimp:

Flashes of Drake brilliance throughout the project, but agree with Lakers that this could have been crafted better. Some of these tracks seem hastily put together as well.

241767946_10159417044647674_2891503800483385033_n.jpg

Crazy numbers. With no lead single at that.

Streaming KING! Doesn’t surprise me at l. Think about it, since his last drop (Scorpion) Streaming services numbers more than double since then (Spotify, Apple Music etc…..) curious to know his second week numbers though “Way 2 Sexy” is working and should keep the album selling well weeks to come.

I think CLB is ment to be perceived in 3 parts. That's why the the vibes change after each 7th song on a 21 song tracklist. That's why there's 3 columns, and the 4 rows are the stories. He emphasizes storytelling a lot, and I think that's why I love it so much. It's layered af, & feels like a sequence in each column. Aubs pen is so crazy on this.

Back
Top Bottom