🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Scary Hours 3 11.17.23

I think I've settled on my least favorite tracks being Own It, Connect, The Language, and 305 To My City.  Shame because I really like the Connect beat, but not feeling the lyrics...
If you understand the concept behind the song the point is to like the beat and pay not much attention to the lyrics, though the lyrics will help you understand why.
So, I'm not supposed to pay attention to the lyrics and the lyrics will help me understand why?  Isn't that essentially paying attention to the lyrics?  Had me going for a second...

shaq-laughing-o.gif

Definitely a step down. Somebody had a really good line in here about him telling us he's the best but forgetting to show us. That's what I got too.

There's a lot more bravado than we're used to. But, what I think is special about him is his lack of bravado and tendency towards honesty (which is what's called him being soft or emo). And I get that this may be how he's feeling right now. But, it's how everybody in rap feels (unrightfully so, in most cases) Drake is actually in position to talk this kind of ****. It just seems a little empty when he does.

He usually lets you in his mind, what's behind the party, what's happening when he's not "Drake" and this time, he was in character for the majority of the album. Even his interactions with women are based around his fame here. He's famous when he's with them and there's no regret about it. He tries to act like it shouldn't matter. His emotions seem a little more cookie cutter than usual. And, I guess, that *is* honest. And, I guess that *is* his life right now. But, it's pretty unappealing to listen to.

As said, there's no feeling in it. It just exist. I really like 4 songs and don't dislike any. But, I don't love any either. I don't have the urge to just play them over and over. It's one of those albums that you kind of skim through for the duration of its life.

Really big fan of son. But, this one just wasn't it for me. And this is actually good. But, just kinda...regular. Kinda empty. He has brilliant moments on here. But, overall, he missed. And he doesn't miss. It's weird.

or maybe i am. might hit me different when I'm somewhere else in life.

All of this....

...especially the bolded parts.

I really like the ending of Worst Behavior. He shoulda flowed like that through the whole song, paying homage to Mase on there. I was about turn the **** off until he switched.

"Connect" is real dope. I'll probably only keep like 7 joints off this album though.

Last edited:
Not sure why people think this is wack. I'm barely even in this thread because I'm not that big of a Drake fan.

I wasn't that impressed by Take Care.
But c'mon... I gave this album a few objective spins and I can literally feel the growth in his music.

Obviously there are a few fillers, but the man made an album with GOOD music.

Singing, rapping, whatever you wanna call it. It's obviously not a great "rap" album, but its a good "music" album. The guy is growing on me, he's so skilled in different ways. The way he changes his flow from song to song, the way he transitions from singing to rapping, it's one of a kind.

Again, I'm barely in this thread so you should know I'm keepin it real. It's okay to say this isn't your cup of tea, but how can you say this is dull or boring music? It has melodies, hooks, beat changes, solid production, catchy lyrics...

I mean. Not an A+ album by any means, not even close to perfect. But how can you not say that he has progressed since Thank Me Later? That album was hot garbage compare to this. TML was a bunch of random beats with random topics and no cohesion.

This album SCREAMS cohesion.
That's all I have to say.

I don't have a problem with anyone not liking it, some people loved TML and I did not. But to not acknowledge at the very least his progression as an artist in these 13 tracks just conveys blind hate. You can't listen to these tracks all the way through and not at least say he has grown as an artist. You may not like it, but he has.

And I give him props on that.

Solid album, ill give a rating after a few more days of spins.

First post for myself in here and I agree with you fam. With everything.

Am I the only one who thinks that it's some truly closed-minded **** to delete songs from an album after less than a day? Like, have you never had a song grow on you at a later time before?

Whatever, the album is great as expected. I will need to spin it more though, because a lot of JR Paperstacks' post is sounding spot on from the three full play-throughs I did last night.

Off the top after one thorough listen..

1a) pound cake
1b) too much
2) Tuscan leather
3) the language

As a Wiz fan, I think this is what onifc was supposed to be. Music about reaching the top, evolving with their classic vibes in with new mainstream appeal/flavor. Wiz didn't do well at all. Drake did so. 8.5-9 out of 10 after one listen

I never understood dudes deleting songs off of albums.

Like, your computer doesn't have enough HD space to just leave it there? 
laugh.gif

I understand if you're only keeping a couple tracks, but keeping every song other than 2-3? 
laugh.gif

That would just throw everything off for me.

Last edited:
Y'all dudes stay on some sensitive **** when it comes to Drake. :lol: :lol:

A lot of these songs are the same type of **** he's been putting out since Take Care, this album ain't nothing new from him. If I think a song is weak after about 3 plays that's all I need.

Last edited:
I was speaking in general. That goes for any artist. Has nothing to do w/ Drake.

I'm probably too OCD about my iTunes to be deleting songs. 
laugh.gif

That's just me, though. *shrugs*

I don't care about what's in my iTunes, I'll leave it all in there. My iPod however is a different story as I would hope is the case with anyone. You only have a certain amount of space to work with so it's understandable. Every song off Ambition was deleted outside of the title track

Last edited:
I was speaking in general. That goes for any artist. Has nothing to do w/ Drake.

I'm probably too OCD about my iTunes to be deleting songs. :lol:

That's just me, though. *shrugs*

Nah I wasn't referring to you. Didn't even see your post. All good.

If I only like half the album I have no problem deleting some of the tracks. I did the same thing with Yeezus. Played it 3 times, wasn't feeling some songs and they got the recycle bin.

Am I the only one who thinks that it's some truly closed-minded **** to delete songs from an album after less than a day? Like, have you never had a song grow on you at a later time before?

Whatever, the album is great as expected. I will need to spin it more though, because a lot of JR Paperstacks' post is sounding spot on from the three full play-throughs I did last night.
Dudes trying to be too cool for the music 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom