🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Scary Hours 3 11.17.23

All this talk of Kevin Gates and gimmicks but neither have been used in the same sentence.

I Love Cole, Been rocking with Cole since I first heard Loosing my Balance in April of 09'. Been Rocking ever since.

I definitely think he's overrated a bit though. Warm up / Friday Night Lights days? No he wasn't. Now? I definitely think he is. People try and portray Cole as a "Rapper's Rapper" and try to portray him as this conscious guy when in reality, he isn't at all. He has a lot of filler to bad lines in his raps man. Every project is littered with them post FNL. I think the whole "He talks about something" is a bit overrated too to a degree. He isn't really talking about anything all that different than say a Drake or a Big Sean is doing.

In the end, I enjoy Cole. He's one of my favorites. But the way he and his fans seem him as far as rapping goes, is far more chivalrous and righteous than I do. Just listen to the albums, a lot of that **** is either filler or typical rapper ****. Then he throws one line about the grammys being rigged, or drops a record during a sensitive time in the Country, and people think he's on this conscious wave again.

Blade Runner‏@BladeRunnerOVO

Drake - In Time ft. Eminem & The Weeknd

Drake x Eminem x Weeknd? :nerd: wonder that sounds like, if it's even true

I hope this doesn't end up like the Drake, Kanye and Weeknd track that never came out. Need some OVOXO :nerd:.

Last edited:
I Love Cole, Been rocking with Cole since I first heard Loosing my Balance in April of 09'. Been Rocking ever since.

I definitely think he's overrated a bit though. Warm up / Friday Night Lights days? No he wasn't. Now? I definitely think he is. People try and portray Cole as a "Rapper's Rapper" and try to portray him as this conscious guy when in reality, he isn't at all. He has a lot of filler to bad lines in his raps man. Every project is littered with them post FNL. I think the whole "He talks about something" is a bit overrated too to a degree. He isn't really talking about anything all that different than say a Drake or a Big Sean is doing.

In the end, I enjoy Cole. He's one of my favorites. But the way he and his fans seem him as far as rapping goes, is far more chivalrous and righteous than I do. Just listen to the albums, a lot of that **** is either filler or typical rapper ****. Then he throws one line about the grammys being rigged, or drops a record during a sensitive time in the Country, and people think he's on this conscious wave again.

THANK YOU. His albums are full of throwaways and just cause he portrays himself as an everyday man/famous rapper ppl think he 'speaks to them'. His card needs to be pulled by someone. He's already acting cocky bragging about how he outsold Kanye. Didn't he used to stan Cannibus or some **** :lol:. His whole image is geared toward that whole I'm real hip hop and these guy's aren't bull****.

THANK YOU. His albums are full of throwaways and just cause he portrays himself as an everyday man/famous rapper ppl think he 'speaks to them'. His card needs to be pulled by someone. He's already acting cocky bragging about how he outsold Kanye. Didn't he used to stan Cannibus or some **** :lol:. His whole image is geared toward that whole I'm real hip hop and these guy's aren't bull****.

You going to far man :lol: his albums are definitely not full of throwaways. And he isn't acting cocky, he did outsell Kanye :lol: It's just from a content perspective, people have this holier than thou approach to Cole's music to which I just feel it really doesn't merit that. He isn't some enlightened Nas type who is speaking about something in his music. In reality, his content almost mirrors the Drake's, and Big Sean's of the world. You probably wouldn't say that those guys are "socially conscious" and "saying something" (w/e this means) in their music, so I wouldn't give that label to cole either. He has a few lines / records where he's "saying something" but those are far and few between, relative to the amount of those 'other' drake / big sean like records he has in his catalog.

Now mind you, not being that rapper who's "down for the cause" and "not being a rapper's rapper" isn't a bad thing at all. I just hate when people try and portray Cole as more than what he is. He's a really good rapper who's content is driven by his own life experiences just like Drake, just like Big Sean, wale, etc. and there isn't all that much societal commentary going on with either of those guys. They all just provide a narcissistic approach to rap music in hopes that we all can relate to or like it.

Can we move the Cole talk to the Cole thread please

Anyway, any updates on this unicorn of a mixtape?

Can we move the Cole talk to the Cole thread please

I mean we could, but why :lol: ? I just see the cole and sean stuff as a means of passing time until a mixtape or a single or a trailer drops from Drake. Nothing is happening right now, so why not have some rap conversation?

You going to far man :lol: his albums are definitely not full of throwaways. And he isn't acting cocky, he did outsell Kanye :lol: It's just from a content perspective, people have this holier than thou approach to Cole's music to which I just feel it really doesn't merit that. He isn't some enlightened Nas type who is speaking about something in his music. In reality, his content almost mirrors the Drake's, and Big Sean's of the world. You probably wouldn't say that those guys are "socially conscious" and "saying something" (w/e this means) in their music, so I wouldn't give that label to cole either. He has a few lines / records where he's "saying something" but those are far and few between, relative to the amount of those 'other' drake / big sean like records he has in his catalog.

Now mind you, not being that rapper who's "down for the cause" and "not being a rapper's rapper" isn't a bad thing at all. I just hate when people try and portray Cole as more than what he is. He's a really good rapper who's content is driven by his own life experiences just like Drake, just like Big Sean, wale, etc. and there isn't all that much societal commentary going on with either of those guys. They all just provide a narcissistic approach to rap music in hopes that we all can relate to or like it.

OK I see what you mean but I still think he's nowhere as good as Drake or Kendrick. It just irks me when ppl try to pretend he's greater than he really is. Although in this day in age with commercial rap being as terrible as it is I can see how that happens. I do appreciate his input on the game cause I loved Sideline Story and FNL is still one of my favorite mixtapes but his fans go to far sometimes.

none at all.. #wait4drake2015

Last edited:
This Cole slander is when _ is rap fans ......not all but you have some that just don't get it 

called that man a fake activist.....laugh of the day.....hope one of ya get smacked up by a ***** 

Last edited:
This Cole slander is when _ is rap fans ......not all but you have some that just don't get it 

called that man a fake activist.....laugh of the day.....hope one of ya get smacked up by a ***** 
Yes definitely. This J. Cole slander is crazy.... Now Wale, slander on!! Wale has been a letdown, since after he dropped More About Nothing

PS: I know may name has Folarin in it :lol:

Last edited:

Yes definitely. This Janisha. Cole slander is crazy.... Now Wale, slander on!! Wale has been a letdown, since after he dropped More About Nothing

PS: I know may name has Folarin in it :lol:
I was about to say that Post to SN ratio was off the charts lol

If that were to happen I wouldn't want Jermaine to be by my side.

Yes definitely. This Janisha. Cole slander is crazy.... Now Wale, slander on!! Wale has been a letdown, since after he dropped More About Nothing

PS: I know may name has Folarin in it
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Everytime I see new posts in here I'm hoping it is someone mentioning the mixtape release haha.

I'll let you guys continue to talk about whatever it is you are talking about.

JUST GIVE US THE MIXTAPE ALREADY!

Man this ***** was so much better when he had something to prove :smh:

How doesn't he prove himself anymore? I need your take on this cause ppl have made reference to this ever since he released his debut. NWTS was his best album so far so how is he not proving himself?

Last edited:
So now we're in the week of ASW. If it doesnt drop now then what? He wont want to do it the week after that being that it'll be so close to Big Seans album that it will steal attention away.

How doesn't he prove himself anymore? I need your take on this cause ppl have made reference to this ever since he released his debut. NWTS was his best album so far so how is he not proving himself?

NWTS his best album? How can one think this...I will never understand. he was spitting back then...the flow he had back then :x idk what my mans is doing now...he's just coasting now. I just feel like he was super different back then and now he just making the same kinda slow flow rap like everybody else..idk how to explain it...but you can listen to songs like get over it and going in for life, the presentation (etc, that's just what I was jamming last night) and tell he ain't rapping like he's capable of

Back
Top Bottom