🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Scary Hours 3 11.17.23

This gon be good, I really wanna know how the weeknds & pnds sound is Houston like. Pleas provide examples, not saying it's false, I just never noticed it

this is nothing but Houston...as far as pnb i really don't mess with dude like that so iono....

and saying wayne made lean popular is crazy...he started sippin when he was going to university of houston so...where do you think wayne got it from..y'all tripping...

Last edited:
how is that a Houston sound? [emoji]128533[/emoji] cuz he said "let me sip this slow"? Lol I'm not hearing the SOUND

I can see initiation to some extent

Last edited:
Dipset is. If it wasn't for them Wayne would have never popped.
wayne was already hot before he even associated with dipset
and saying wayne made lean popular is crazy...he started sippin when he was going to university of houston so...where do you think wayne got it from..y'all tripping...
lean was regional before wayne popularized it, you think these kids everywhere are sippin lean because of houston

Juelz was the one hopping on southern rappers ***** to stay hot

first T.I.....then Jeezy...and finally Wayne

when the jig was up he wasn't able to bounce back

how is that a Houston sound? [emoji]128533[/emoji]

I can see initiation to some extent

where are you from...? you asked for an example and i provided...not all of the weeknd's songs remind me of it...but in the trilogy you can definitely hear some of the influences...as far as drake goes though he used houston to get hot in my opinion...nothing wrong with it cause a lot of our influences comes from the west coast...

I'm from Houston, I'm in the heart of this **** :lol: I swear I've listened to the weekend for years now and never thought "man this sounds like Houston"

I wasn't attacking your opinion I was just expecting and explanation for what ppl mean by this Houston sound. Like I can CLEARLY see what yall mean in songs like connect, trust issues, etc but the ride? The zone? Marvins room? How lol

I'm from Houston, I'm in the heart of this **** :lol: I swear I've listened to the weekend for years now and never thought "man this sounds like Houston"

I wasn't attacking your opinion I was just expecting and explanation for what ppl mean by this Houston sound. Like I can CLEARLY see what yall mean in songs like connect, trust issues, etc but the ride? The zone? Marvins room? How lol

gotcha...neither was i...but the first time i heard the zone i instantly thought of cruising the loop late night...peace though...

While Drake is definitely Houston influenced

We're gonna act like there is some super talented Houston dudes he's taking shine from? :lol:

Only dude I can really think of is Kirko who popped up after Drake anyways and knew that what was doing (Drank In My Cup/What Yo Name Iz) woulda been looked at as some diet Drake **** and should have adjusted his sound accordingly...

Drake was definitely influenced by it but let him rock, he making great music and it's not really hurting nobody...

People love to call people "culture vultures" (when it wasn't in your vocabulary before Dame) and it's bordering on the point where you don't want cultures and regions to interact just because they are more successful than you at it.

Last edited:

EN7K7kn.png

Forgive them for they don't know what they do[emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji]
Also Drake sound is a straight rip from the Screwed Up Click Era.

Last edited:
I agree DRAKE has a Houston sound is SOME of his music though [emoji]128533[/emoji]

Weeknd I'm not seeing it though. PND yeah cuz he got some slowed down cuts but that's really about it

Last edited:
But if you really want to pay respect to where this "Toronto" sound originated from, it came from Devante Swing/Timbaland/Static Major/Swing Mob/Da Bassment and what they were doing in the mid - late 90's.

But that's the point, everything comes from everything, people just don't pull ideas out of their ***.

I agree with delete1234 delete1234
I don't see any influence in The Weekends music that is even a semblance of Htown rap or R&B.
And as much as I can't stand Drake, he does appreciate and shoutout his Htown influence throughout his music and by having HAW but to sit and slander Htown for not having any influence on your favorite rappers' rapper is down right ridiculous and damn near delusional troll status[emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji]
Curious on how this "supposed"mixtape will sound though.
We know Quentin Miller ain't writing none of the reference tracks[emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128518[/emoji]
I kid, I kid.

Last edited:
Drake had a few Houston inspired tracks... I'll admit that.

He does Houston appreciation weekend there .yall OG messes with him heavy.....bun b also messes with him ..... What do yall want from dude? Lol how doesn't he show love and in mostly of the Houston inspired tracks he shouts out Houston?

Yall won't be happy until he does a track with mike jones?

The Houston sounding tracks aren't even his main sound. Those don't mean a thing for his catalog lol

how you hate on a man thats actually trying to make your city relevant 
roll.gif

dude makes a couple songs and all of a sudden his whole sound is houston influenced, seems like yall just want credit for something since houston hasnt been relevant since 281-330-8004

Last edited:
Yea it's a lot of 90s R&B sound but it's the slowed down version of it. I remember peeping how PND sounds like when Screw used to chop R&B records.

Weeknd trilogy project definitely has that influence from What you need to the morning to coming down to the Zone.

Drake 2nd album was Screwed influence from Cameras to Practice to The ride. Not even gon mention the obvious ones or So Far Gone

The whole airy vibe. Stretched out instrumentals is DJ Screw. It's Houston. I wish I could embed to give examples but it's undeniable if you actually listened to that type of music before

Last edited:
Drake just a friendly D*** rider and don't vibe him, personally...but he makes good music at times, can't deny that

Yea it's a lot of 90s R&B sound but it's the slowed down version of it. I remember peeping how PND sounds like when Screw used to chop R&B records.

Weeknd trilogy project definitely has that influence from What you need to the morning to coming down to the Zone.

Drake 2nd album was Screwed influence from Cameras to Practice to The ride. Not even gon mention the obvious ones or So Far Gone

The whole airy vibe. Stretched out instrumentals is DJ Screw. It's Houston. I wish I could embed to give examples but it's undeniable if you actually listened to that type of music before

You make music right? I would trust your opinion then, there's prolly stuff you hear we don't. I know when you really listen to stuff and have a good knowledge of past things, stuff sticks out differently than it would for the average person. Wish I could hear them examples doe

But if Drake's music is a rip off of Screwed and Chopped music then why do they always make a screwed and chopped version of whatever he puts out.

Take Care and So far gone got that H-town sound I love. That's why those are the two drake projects I like the most. I don't really rock with him, but those joints are undeniable :pimp:

Z-Ro is a big influence on Drake

What city in America can really say they are"relevant"
Trash *** New York[emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji]
As it stands right now, all hip hop is sounding pretty much the same except for a few artist, which is funny to say because most mainstream records are sounding like straight Migos/Future tracks, especially with the ad-libs which if you dig deep or were alive and a teenager (at the time) is straight Three Six Mafia/Lil Jon type flows and beat jacking..
It's not even about whether if Drake reps or not(I even mentioned that he has shown more love then most) but you can't deny all these influences to just sit there and say it's a "New" sound[emoji]128518[/emoji][emoji]128518[/emoji]
Even though I don't rock with most of his songs, I can appreciate his talent for hit making(or at whoever is really behind the machine)[emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji]

What city in America can really say they are"relevant"
Trash *** New York[emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji]
As it stands right now, all hip hop is sounding pretty much the same except for a few artist, which is funny to say because most mainstream records are sounding like straight Migos/Future tracks, especially with the ad-libs which if you dig deep or were alive and a teenager (at the time) is straight Three Six Mafia/Lil Jon type flows and beat jacking..
It's not even about whether if Drake reps or not(I even mentioned that he has shown more love then most) but you can't deny all these influences to just sit there and say it's a "New" sound[emoji]128518[/emoji][emoji]128518[/emoji]
Even though I don't rock with most of his songs, I can appreciate his talent for hit making(or at whoever is really behind the machine)[emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji]

....Atlanta

i'd say todays trendy sound is a more melodic and softer version of prime gucci, tip and jeezy

Back
Top Bottom