🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Scary Hours 3 11.17.23

So you're basically telling me Drake is going to be the biggest rapper ever, because no rapper yet has been able to reach the level of influence that pop stars have had since forever. 

Again...those prestige level artists remain relevant until they die. What rapper do you see that's out here on some Aretha Franklin **** ?

There is no "test of time" in rap. It always has and always will be a culture encapsulated in it's youth. Jay-Z is arguably the biggest rapper ever and his reach doesn't go further than his wife's. It's not possible. You get your money in rap while you still can and you get out and do other things. the older you get the less reach you have with the youth...and the youth is who decides what's cool and what isnt. That's been the blueprint. Beyonce can makes albums until she dies. Artists that do what she does has music that isn't 100% grounded in it's time. That's why they tour until they die. See Prince.
i see where you are coming from but there are a few problems with your standpoint, first off it seems like we are debating music genres not artist influence. The separation between the two of the them makes all the difference because drake raps while beyonce sings, two very different forms of art. I dont think Drake is the most influential artist in the world but neither is beyonce. they both have left their print in music in their own right.

Next you need to understand the music is not static, it doesnt just stay the same throughout time, you're not gon tell me that Beyonce is making the same music on Lemonade that she made on Dangerously in Love. thats because R&B (just like rap) has changed, and what people want to hear has changed with it. What separates Beyonce from the rest of the herd is her ability to adapt. Adaptation to the various changes is what allows artists to withstand the test of time in music. Understand that Drake has been mainstream since '08 and is quickly approaching his 10 year mark which is a very big milestone for any artist especially in the rap game.

Lastly the two artist oblige their music in two different directions, Lemonade was an album about the struggles of the everyday woman, the goals wasnt to make sales but to make Beyonce appear more transparent to her audience. Dudes are not gonna relate to that or be influenced by it not because it isnt good music but because the music doesnt apply to them. Now unless you just see hip hop as a useless form of music with no foundation or longevity or you just dont count the male populous in your calculation of artist "influence," you would have to come to the conclusion that some of your argument is a bit outlandish 

ps: Jay Z was already Jay Z when Beyonce was just 1/3 of Destiny's Child. By the time she began her solo career, Jay was preparing for a short-lived retirement  

Fam Lemonade was a cultural event. Your grandma knows about Beyonce. She might not know who Drake is.

You're letting numbers dictate the conversation. Completely ignoring the difference between # of users w/ TIDAL and Apple.

Beyonce isn't going anywhere.

Never stated this at all. These are all the biggest names in music so I'm not focusing on whether one thing matters more than the other.

Views and Lemonade are interchangeable at this point since they're the biggest albums of 2016.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/b...ost-streamed-artist-spotify-playlists-billion

This was just confirmed

i still cant figure out why we are comparing to artist talent wise when the resumes simply dont match up. 

here are the facts. 

1. Beyonce has been in the game for 20+ years both in a group and as a solo artist, she is likely one of the best known names in R&B and certainly has a bigger fan base than Drake does as a result of her past success 

2. Drake is very successful and denial of that would imply that you either dont like rap music or you just dont know what your talking about all together 

3. Drake did out sale Beyonce far as their last projects go,  but album sales dont make you a good artist, if that was the case Jay Z would be working for MC Hammer right now. 

4. these are both good artist that actually make more money together than pitted against each other 

not that "real rap" bs 
mean.gif
 foh

Mr Vegas gained a new fan. Always a fan of dudes being real man instead of playing these fall in line industry games. Ever since Meek stood up against the big industry monster dudes ain't scared to go against that machine no more. Thank u Meek for giving your mainstream fame and career to stand up against the fraud. Now we need all the other authentic dancehall artist to call him out.

lol the problem with going on a run is you are bound to stop. When That time comes it won't be pretty because he won't be remembered for anything. At all.

Maybe hold on I'm coming home.

And for the drake fans, do you actually back listen to his old stuff?

The fans stans or whatever became hip to what moves artists. And these dum kids like the ones In here talking about YAAAA OUR BOY DID 1.1 M Sales, they pushed the artist to that echelon to try and prove he is great. He really isn't though, neither is his art.

Last edited:
lol the problem with going on a run is you are bound to stop. When That time comes it won't be pretty because he won't be remembered for anything. At all.

Maybe hold on I'm coming home.

And for the drake fans, do you actually back listen to his old stuff?

The fans stans or whatever became hip to what moves artists. And these dum kids like the ones In here talking about YAAAA OUR BOY DID 1.1 M Sales, they pushed the artist to that echelon to try and prove he is great. He really isn't though, neither is his art.
I'm sure many many people still listen to Take Care...ya tripping fam.

Back
Top Bottom