🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Scary Hours 3 11.17.23

At the and of the day I don't care about a rappers personal life and anything else that ain gotta do with the music.

Gates is an infinitely better artist than male duck in every metric.

More consistent
Brilliant stories
Most charisma
He sets more trends
And his interviews are hotter...holla

Yea he's very consistent at being trash also what trends does he set? And provide examples of his brilliant stories please

Last edited:
You guys is deflecting with your unwarranted Gates hate from the fact that male duck is complete trash. How you a pop star an only got 3 good songs.

The machine pushed him and the stans ate it up.

OVOMIKE when your album dropping? You signed right?

man we need some better quality haters in here. I can't even take y'all serious when you coming in here tryna talk trash but your fav artists are future Kevin gates and trash mane young thug etc :x

Where the elitists at? The Kendrick, lupe, Jay electronica type fans?

Gates is a fruit pop and trash

Real weirdo type *****.

I don't know how he ever became such a thing but it just goes to show.

***** talking about ******* his cousin, acting weird when women touching him in interviews and **** like that, how could I vibe to his music?

If you a weirdo, you better be Michael Jackson.

Last edited:
I dont listen to keving gates....heard a couple of songs and dude was complete trash and disregarded him ever since.
Why ya saying the dude is weird?

Partially how I feel

I'm a huge Drake fan but views and post NTWTS just doesn't appeal to me minus a handful of songs. His new style or whatever where he's borderline yelling and etc just seems like he's trying to hard. I guess I'm just a fan of his SFG and Take Care lyrics and style.

I'm just hoping his next project can be more like his older stuff and I'll be a very happy camper

Kevin Gates is trash? Yikes :lol:

Believe it or not, I was a huge Drake fan, I'm still a fan. But a combination of the ghostwriter **** and him just making sub par music in the last year has turned me away from dude. He's not bringing the quality right now and he's at that point in his career where it doesn't matter because people are gonna buy it. He's not catering to his Rap fans unless it's to hop on whatever's hot to give the illusion that he's not a pop star. It is what it is. When he starts makikng dope music again I'll be listening.

I can't listen to Kevin gates or take him seriously after a few of his interviews this year :smh:

I know music is entertainment and we should separate artist from the work but I really can't tolerate that K0on ****

Last edited:
At the and of the day I don't care about a rappers personal life and anything else that ain gotta do with the music.

Gates is an infinitely better artist than male duck in every metric.

More consistent
Brilliant stories
Most charisma
He sets more trends
And his interviews are hotter...holla

LMAOOOO

I mean we like who we like as artists

But you don't even believe that

I can't listen to Kevin gates or take him seriously after a few of his interviews this year
mean.gif

I know music is entertainment and we should separate artist from the work but I really can't tolerate that K0on ****
I feel you.  Sometimes it's just too hard to ignore the goofy **** an artist does or says.  Especially when they do it in abundance.  Reason #1 why I can't listen to any of The Game's music (post Doctor's Advocate) no matter how good people say it is.

I can understand how some people would say Gates makes better female/emotional type music than Drake, but I'm still looking for an entire start to finish project from him that I can enjoy. It's always been two or three songs here, and some features

Luca Brasi & Make Em Believe were that wave. But I make sure to avoid anything he does outside of music cause he's not all the way there mentally.

I still cant get why music videos are being made in 2016, who watches these more than twice.

9nzwLeZ.gif

laugh.gif

I still cant get why music videos are being made in 2016, who watches these more than twice.

9nzwLeZ.gif

laugh.gif
In some cases, (Peep Drake, Hotline bling) it adds some tangible momentum to a record and gives it a longer shelf life.

But in most cases, you're right. They serve very little purpose now. I wonder how much of a net gross do labels make from music videos.

Ironically, In a time where in theory, you could watch a music video as many times as you want and as often as you want, (Cell phones, youtube) Music Videos seem just as worthless as ever.

They used to matter when there were charting programs (TRL, 106), but the internet killed that off...maybe if I were an artist I'd try to stick to that formula, too much unofficial quality videos and trash is released between good videos

Back
Top Bottom