🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Scary Hours 3 11.17.23

Big Amount should be tearing up the radio and have a video by now. That song is unfortunately about to be a dope mixtape track that gets lost as time passes

Labels don't care for music videos anymore. How many videos off of "Views" have been released? "Hotline Bling" and a short film. :\

The art of music videos is dead, videos used to be have professionally done with a treatment, storyline etc. Small time dudes started buying pretty pricey DSLR's and shot the same videos over and over with dudes/women just standing around, no storyline

Up and coming artists benefit from videos

Where an artist like Drake gains nothing whatsoever from a music video

I've listened to GoD Jewels' Swiss Account so many times that I forgot where the original beat was from.
Went back and listened to Big Amount and it's a damn crime that beat is not all over the radio

The art of music videos is dead, videos used to be have professionally done with a treatment, storyline etc. Small time dudes started buying pretty pricey DSLR's and shot the same videos over and over with dudes/women just standing around, no storyline

What about the Fade video? ppl still want videos its just about doing something new.

The ROI on Music Videos for guys like Drake just isn't substantial enough for him to warrant doing them IMO plus he's been on record saying he doesn't really see the value of music videos for him and who could argue with him.

Think about this: YouTube/Vevo has gotten very stingy in terms of allowing song uploads (they get sniped almost immediately), so the only true way to hear a certain artists music is if they have an accompanying video for it or some sort of official release...theres millions of people with no paid streaming service (kids, people who are just against it, the list goes on)...having videos COULD turn into revenue, and add to the song being spread out even more IMO

How often do people actually sit and watch videos?

Personally speaking, when I'm at work and can't use AM on my computer, I'll hop to YouTube to play the video, but tab out and not pay it any mind.

I've heard big amount on the radio here in Houston s couple times and even once when I was in LA for the weekend

I need that song to blow up

Back
Top Bottom