'09 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFF-SEASON THREAD-recruiting/Coaching Changes/Transfers

BREAKING: Dustin Doe arrested for driving charge
posted by Jeremy Fowler on Jul 24, 2009 11:59:58 AM
Discuss This: Comments (0) | TrackBack (0) | Linking Blogs | Add to del.icio.us | Digg it

University of Florida Police arrested Gators linebacker Dustin Doe on Thursday for again driving with a suspended license, according to jail records.

Doe, who posted a $1,000 bond today, has been suspended from the team indefinitely.

The Sentinel first reported last week that Doe had an Aug. 24 court date stemming from a late June charge for knowingly driving with a suspended license, a second-degree misdemeanor. He previously received two traffic tickets for "unknowingly" driving with a suspended license between February and June 2009. This is his second criminal traffic offense, and after three the charge becomes a felony, according to the Alachua County jail.

Doe was booked Thursday because he decided to drive a white Dodge Magnum after being issued a driving with a suspended license citation earlier in the day, according to the police report. Doe told police he drove again because he needed to attend tutoring, according to the report.

Doe, who has started 15 career games for the Gators, was arrested in April 2007 for misdemeanor affray and resisting arrest for his role in a fight. The charges were dropped and Doe was not suspended from the team.

This is at least the 25th player arrest under Coach Urban Meyer. Doe started 12 games with 30 tackles last year despite battling through groin injuries.

You gotta be a stupid MF'er to get pulled over twice in the same day for the same damn thing.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Heres the word,
Scroggins was supposed to Commit today (USC) but he pushed it back a day.
Seems he Likes UT alot but family financial situation could keep him in Cali.
Scroggins recruitment was over after Rising Stars; he and Dion (Bailey) knew they were going to SC. Dion committed soon after and made it publica week later and Scroggins held off till Elite 11 to announce on ESPN.

There's a reason why UT went after Chase Rettig after USC's Rising Stars.

O I know. a ways back, I posted Scroggins tellin Barry he wasnt gonna go all out at UTks camp cus hwe was savin himself for USC.

CLK & Orgeron dropped the ball with him. They put all their eggs in his basket

0 fer 8 on QBs theyve turned their attention to Bray & Brunetti (trying to snatch him from that verbal WVU committ)

and btw Im watchin tenn/so car on espnuhd.. eric Berry is DISGUSTING
smh.gif
too bad his yr got wasted on that sorry squad last yr. he did WORK

CLK & Orgeron dropped the ball with him. They put all their eggs in his basket
Yup. Hard to believe you guys are struggling this bad to get a decent QB with your situation and all.

the thing is, theres only around 12 (being generous) QBs in this class worth getting, U miss on them, and u might as well close up shop

Classic for Vol fans, now theyre saying Scroggins "aint all that"
smh.gif
laugh.gif
thats why I dont spend much time on Volnation or volquest boards...

Gunna, you of the opinion that Kiffin should have kept Tajh Boyd? Or is that just such a bad fit that dude would be worse that Crompton/Stephens (if that'spossible)...

nah hes not a under center QB.

right decision. it woulda been Brent Schaeffer all over again

the Fulmer regime felt he would fit in well with that supposed spread they was runnin last yr
tired.gif
tired.gif

Aight...

Mack Brown, a 5-foot-11, 185-pound running back from Lithonia's Martin Luther King High School, is among 200 elite prospects attending the Florida Gators' "Friday Night Lights" camp this weekend. There he will be subjected to speeches from head coach Urban Meyer and other assistant coaches, will be wooed by fellow recruits who already plan on signing with the Gators and will get an up-close-and-personal look at Florida's national championship trophy, which reportedly will be spotlighted on the middle of Florida Field during the camp Friday night.

Georgia fans can take comfort in this one bit of news from Brown, who spoke to the AJC shortly before arriving on the Florida campus Friday afternoon - he will not commit to the Gators while on his visit.

"Nah, I'm just going to take everything in," said Brown, reached by telephone in Gainesville Friday afternoon shortly before taking part in the recruiting activities.

Brown, who literally has dozens of scholarship offers, did confirm what everybody pretty much already knows - that his decision is coming down between Georgia and Florida. And he said he'll be making his choice very soon.

"I want to get it over with before the season starts," he said. "I probably won't wait much longer."

nerd.gif

and btw Im watchin tenn/so car on espnuhd.. eric Berry is DISGUSTING
smh.gif
too bad his yr got wasted on that sorry squad last yr. he did WORK

Shoulda been a dawg.

Bryan Evans last year..
smh.gif
I been had a good feeling about Mack... hope i'm right.
pimp.gif

Word is that Urban got 5 commits tonight. We'll see how many go public and how many rethink it after the novelty of the visit goes away.
t99mpd.jpg

Dr Funk, I have a question...

If u are not of Mormom faith, and u accept scholarship there, are u required to take a mormon mission as well?
Nobody is forced to do a mission, regardless of your membership in the LDS church or enrollment at BYU. It's totally and 100% a choice thatthe individual makes (guy or girl).
For instance, Haloti Ngata, starting DT for the Ravens is LDS and did not serve a mission, nor did Steve Young. Again, it's completely and only a choicemade by the person.
If you hear anything else it's wrong, because this is coming from somebody who's served a mission!
smile.gif

And I'll give you some clarifications about BYU and the "rules" regarding being a student/athlete here.

ALL students who are enrolled at BYU must first be interviewed by a local Bishop (local lay minister in other words) and found a viable candidate to beenrolled at the University. BYU is an incredible deal as far as price compared to the quality of education received. A lot of tithing goes towards helping runBYU (it being owned by the LDS Church). Therefore the sacrifices of many around the world make it possible for a lot of young adults to receive a high qualityeducation at a very low price (rated the best value by the Princeton Review a couple of years ago for a private university). I, and many other LDS members donot take education lightly. If a person is going to be frivolous and waste their time away, I can guarantee there are hundreds, probably thousands of otherstudents trying to get to BYU that will take it seriously and be grateful for the sacrifice that makes their education a possibility and work hard to make themost of the opportunity to be a student there. Also, ALL students enrolled at BYU must then sign saying they will adhere to what's called the Honor Code. And yes, while many of you will find that the Honor Code is probably the craziestand strictest thing you've ever read in your lives and are probably baffled at the fact that students here live by it (at least most of them do, there arealways kids who don't). But when you read through them, most are common sense (i.e. academic honesty, obeying the law, honesty, etc.). They are there tohelp us live lives that will enhance our ability to learn and be productive students and help us maintain the standards that we, as Latter-day Saints, try holdourselves accountable to. We, as Christians, try to be like Jesus Christ...pretty obvious I think.

So regardless of membership in our out of the LDS church, as a student at BYU, you are required to live by these standards and try to maintain them the bestyou can. And while you may think that it limits the fun we have, I can resoundingly say that it does not! I have plentyof fun and keep it within the guidelines I've been asked to live. Before you knock it, try living it for a month and give it a shot. I know it helpstremendously during the school year and in other areas of my life.

So there you have it!

Hope that helps!

Originally Posted by dreClark

Originally Posted by KingJames23

Originally Posted by dreClark

Christian Green didn't make it?
Family emergency. It's supposedly really serious and legit.
Hope everything is OK w/ the kid.

Oh, and I heard y'all opened w/ this:

They have had the score and stats of the FSU game from last year on their big board.
laugh.gif
frown.gif

Agree, hopefully everything ends up OK with the family.

And yes we did have that up for all the players to see.
tongue.gif

Good Stuff Funk!
pimp.gif

I imagine there are way more black dudes than black girls up at BYU, correct?
I don't know the exact numbers or ratios regarding race...
But from my own personal experiences, I've seen more African-American girls than guys. But schools out right now, thus limiting the number tremendously in the area.
A huuuuge number of kids go home during the summer months or sell alarm systems
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom