09 Real Deal College Football Discussion/No Homers - Lets geh geh GET IT!

Originally Posted by John Ohh

after h0urs wrote:
Bigmike23 wrote:

roll.gif
roll.gif

PC mad cause Harbaugh was running up the score

CLOWN YOU DO IT ALL THE TIME

PC has never gone for 2pt conversion with the game wrapped up
eyes.gif

But he called for passing plays against Arkansas when it was 63-13 or something like that. Don't act like PC�is the classiest coach around.

��

You telling me Pete Carroll is the only coach out there calling pass plays with the game sealed?
laugh.gif

And when did I say Coach Carroll was the classiest coach around?

BIG difference between passing late in the game and going for 2pt conversion. The latter is straight middle finger. I had no problems with Stanford callingpass plays late in the game.

Bigmike23 wrote:

roll.gif
roll.gif

PC mad cause Harbaugh was running up the score

CLOWN YOU DO IT ALL THE TIME

laugh.gif
�at "Look at 'em all runnin in." Classic.�And
laugh.gif
�at�the quickness of the response "I'm great. What's yourdeal?" as if he knew what Petey was going to say.�
��

I can't help but feel like Carroll's gonna want to try to run up the score on a few teams next year...

It's so crazy that if Kansas State wins next Saturday they go to the Big 12 Championship Game, but if they lose they don't even make a bowl game...

Well after looking around I found an article on how the PAC-10 will work out. Stanford fans need to settle down, they need Arizona, Oregon, and Oregon State toall lose and for them to win out. I think the Championship will come down to the Civil War. Arizona will probably lose to either Oregon or USC which willcancel their chances out. And Oregon St. plays the Cougars this weekend so that is basically a given win. Civil War should be epic this year with it decidingthe conference champ and I would love to see the Beavs go into Autzen and redeem themselves from that beatdown to ruin our Rose Bowl hopes last year.

Originally Posted by Bruce Waynee

And by the way College Game Day is going to be in Tucson this Saturday for Oregon @ Arizona

Red out its about to be loud as hell
Can Arizona handle the hype and attention?

Originally Posted by dr funk 13

Originally Posted by Bruce Waynee

And by the way College Game Day is going to be in Tucson this Saturday for Oregon @ Arizona

Red out its about to be loud as hell
Can Arizona handle the hype and attention?
I would have said no before last week at Cal

Now that we lost that game I think they might have a little more focus.

Plus it's the last home game of the year, and a lot of recruits will be in town.

Stoops better have the boys ready

Mickey Andrews has to sign off on all defensive offers...

Same situation as Janoris. Jimbo/Coley/Odell/etc want to offer the kid, But Mickey doesn't agree. I guess him finally committing somewhere else made it gothrough. But at least this time we may be able to salvage it.

Originally Posted by tmay407

It's so crazy that if Kansas State wins next Saturday they go to the Big 12 Championship Game, but if they lose they don't even make a bowl game...
laugh.gif
The North is such a mess right now...

They already won 6 games though... You don't think they're in line for an invite?

Sherman better hope he beats Baylor this Saturday...
nerd.gif
I get the feelinghis job is safe regardless, but not making it to 6 wins after starting 3-0... Getting flat out EMBARRASSED by mediocre Arkansas, Oklahoma and Kansas Stateteams... Coming up short against Oklahoma State and Colorado in games you could point directly to a couple of coaching decisions as reasons they lost... Thenpotentially losing to Baylor and probably getting flat out embarrassed by Texas at Kyle Field... Uh oh...

Frankly, the needa go hire someone like Kevin Sumlin or Charlie Strong (both guys with A&M ties, and rumors are Sumlin views A&M as a dream job) RIGHTNOW before those guys get other jobs and A&M is no longer a logical next step... Probably won't happen, and I don't know how this sounds, but goingoutside the mold hiring a black head coach might be exactly what Texas A&M needs in order to get back to some kind of prominence...

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Originally Posted by tmay407

laugh.gif
The North is such a mess right now...

They already won 6 games though... You don't think they're in line for an invite?
They only have 5 wins as far as bowl eligibility goes. They have two wins against 1AA teams, and only one counts towards eligibility.

Ah, good call... Bill Snyder really is back at the helms...
laugh.gif

Big Game Bob to Notre Dame rumors starting to pick up some steam around here...
nerd.gif

and stoops would leave a happy home at OU for ND cause of what?

even for his big game chokes he is the king down there and they can match any $$$$ ND throws at him

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

and stoops would leave a happy home at OU for ND cause of what?

even for his big game chokes he is the king down there and they can match any $$$$ ND throws at him
Might just be time for a new challenge... What else can he accomplish at Oklahoma? And people down here been griping about taking L's againstTexas and losing big games and bowl games just like people Nationally have...

I don't know that he'd leave, but the rumors are picking up steam down here...

2nd chance for what?
he already had missed a practice being stubborn and he attempted to rob someone on the strip wearing Tenn football gear. U think he deserves a 2nd chance? GoodRiddance.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

2nd chance for what?
he already had missed a practice being stubborn and he attempted to rob someone on the strip wearing Tenn football gear. U think he deserves a 2nd chance? Good Riddance.
C'mon Gunna you know us FSU fans believe everyone deserves a 2nd chance. We're used to guys basically having to commit a murder to get theboot

3849623144_f28a19d9ed.jpg
Originally Posted by Bill Plaschke

Toby Gerhart for Heisman!

laugh.gif

[table][tr][td]
Toby Gerhart #7 RB
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][/table]
[table][tr][td]
[table][tr][td]2009 STATS[/td] [/tr][tr][td]ATTEMPTS[/td] [td]YARDS[/td] [td]TOUCHDOWNS[/td] [/tr][tr][td]262[/td] [td]1,395[/td] [td]19[/td] [/tr][/table]
[/td] [td] [table][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td]
Mark Ingram #22 RB
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][/table]
[table][tr][td]2009 STATS[/td] [/tr][tr][td]ATTEMPTS[/td] [td]YARDS[/td] [td]TOUCHDOWNS[/td] [/tr][tr][td]194[/td] [td]1,297[/td] [td]10[/td] [/tr][/table]

hmmm...

Originally Posted by Nako XL

laugh.gif

[table][tr][td]
Toby Gerhart #7 RB
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][/table]
[table][tr][td]
[table][tr][td]2009 STATS[/td] [/tr][tr][td]ATTEMPTS[/td] [td]YARDS[/td] [td]TOUCHDOWNS[/td] [/tr][tr][td]262[/td] [td]1,395[/td] [td]19[/td] [/tr][/table]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]

[table][tr][td]
Mark Ingram #22 RB
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][/table]
[table][tr][td]2009 STATS[/td] [/tr][tr][td]ATTEMPTS[/td] [td]YARDS[/td] [td]TOUCHDOWNS[/td] [/tr][tr][td]194[/td] [td]1,297[/td] [td]10[/td] [/tr][/table]
hmmm...
I'd still take Ingram over Gerhart... Ingram has 100 less yards on 70 less carries...

also look at the quality of the defenses Ingram is doing it against vs the quality of the defenses Gerhart is doing it against.

not to put down Gerhart at all, but give me Ingram all day

also jes made a new pick up
2q9krah.jpg

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by dreClark

I see that boy Greg Dent went off in the Muck bowl
sick.gif
statline?
nerd.gif

edit: nvm, just looked it up. 6 catches for 185 yds and a touch, plus an 84 yard kickoff return for a td
sick.gif

Hopefully he stays with Miami. He seems very adamant at wanting to play both ways. We're pretty stacked at receiver with young talent, but maybe he canmake some noise. I'm hoping he's the goods at DB, cause we need some better production back there

Originally Posted by GoinHam

laugh.gif

[table][tr][td]
Toby Gerhart #7 RB
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][/table]
[table][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]

[table][tr][td]
Mark Ingram #22 RB
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][/table]
hmmm...
I'd still take Ingram over Gerhart... Ingram has 100 less yards on 70 less carries...

also look at the quality of the defenses Ingram is doing it against vs the quality of the defenses Gerhart is doing it against.

So Ingram has gone up against 3 teams in the top 50 rush defense (highest ranking being LSU @ #41)

Meanwhile....

Gerhart has gone up against 4 teams in the top 50 rush defense. 3 of those (Oregon St., Arizona, Arizona St.) being in the top 25...
grin.gif

http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mf...teamrushdef&site=org
http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/natlRank.jsp?year=2009&div=4&rpt=IA_teamrushdef&site=org

Originally Posted by ACE BOMBER

Originally Posted by GoinHam

laugh.gif

[table][tr][td]
Toby Gerhart #7 RB
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][/table]
[table][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]

[table][tr][td]
Mark Ingram #22 RB
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][/table]
hmmm...

So Ingram has gone up against 3 teams in the top 50 rush defense (highest ranking being LSU @ #41)

Meanwhile....

Gerhart has gone up against 4 teams in the top 50 rush defense. 3 of those (Oregon St., Arizona, Arizona St.) being in the top 25...
grin.gif

http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mf...teamrushdef&site=org
http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/natlRank.jsp?year=2009&div=4&rpt=IA_teamrushdef&site=org
fair enough. i'd still take LSU, UT, USC, VT, Ole Miss over the defenses you named... but that is just me

i also enjoy how you disregard the whole only 100 less yds on 70 less carries.. you know good & well that YPC is a pretty good indicator of who the betterback is when the carries & in the same range.

Ingram is the best offensive player on a top 3 team that has a great shot at winning the national championship. He has a signature moment for the season (246yds vs South Carolina), he plays in the most media covered conference, his team is undefeated & on their way to the SEC championship & possiblyNational Championship.

all of those things make Ingram a better candidate for the Heisman, not to mention Ingram is just flat out better than Gerhart

Back
Top Bottom