09 Real Deal College Football Discussion/No Homers - Lets geh geh GET IT!

Originally Posted by KingJames23

Originally Posted by GTownBaller23

JayGunnA wrote:

eek.gif

matt elam cancelled his official visit to UF.

Meyer made it a mandatory visit and Elam declined .

WVU ... hmmmm
nerd.gif

He filed his paperwork to UF to be an early entree the same day. Guarantee he'll end up in Gainesville.

At this point I really don't care about him. If he wants to come cool, if not we'll be OK.

The same people who said Shaw to UF are saying ND needs to make a home-run hire for Chris Martin to stay with ND, otherwise it's looking like UF.
Anyone confirm/deny this?

Yes. Won't guarantee it but Chris Martin is a strong possibility right now for us. Only thing keeping him from being a Gator is Mom likes the academics atND but he loves the Gators. Will be in Gainesville next weekend along with a bunch of other 5* guys, Owa included. Would say our chances are def better thanND's right now to land him.

Originally Posted by GTownBaller23

Yes. Won't guarantee it but Chris Martin is a strong possibility right now for us. Only thing keeping him from being a Gator is Mom likes the academics at
ND but he loves the Gators. Will be in Gainesville next weekend along with a bunch of other 5* guys, Owa included. Would say our chances are def better than
ND's right now to land him.

I think Owa stays out on the left coast (Cal) but I'll gladly take Martin and Powell.
pimp.gif

For all the emotion of the game, tough, Cobb denied that it was the biggest win of his UK career.
What's a bigger win, Cobb was asked.
"What's bigger?" Cobb said, then paused. "Next week."
That's when the Cats play Tennessee.
pimp.gif

Not to pile on LSU and I know Les Miles has done some good things while in Baton Rouge, but I never quite understood why he got hired there. It wasn't likehe did anything special while he was at Okie St. at the time.

Now it seems like some are calling for his job. When it rains it pours I guess.

Originally Posted by Statis22

Not to pile on LSU and I know Les Miles has done some good things while in Baton Rouge, but I never quite understood why he got hired there. It wasn't like he did anything special while he was at Okie St. at the time.

Now it seems like some are calling for his job. When it rains it pours I guess.
Yeah, not too sure what he did to warrant the LSU job, but whatever.
He's kind of a dork anyways
laugh.gif

Even though they backed their way in that year, one would think so.

Defense is there, offense is sorely lacking.

and Les Help turn Okie state around after they had some down years and beat a top rank OU team 2 years in a row

And had a 7-4 season, got crushed by tOSU in the Alamo Bowl, next thing you know he's replacing Nick Saban. Small world.

It's all about what you've done lately in SEC country...Les had some extreme fortune go his way in 2007 with that title team...they were questioning alot of his decisions then.

College Gameday is coming to Gainesville this week...any sign ideas? The suckfest that will surround Tebow's last home game at the Swamp will beunbearable...
sick.gif
sick.gif
I'm glad I'll actually be at the game instead of watching it on CBS...I expect the Tebow name count to go well over 100.

Also UF will be wearing their Nike Pro Combat unis against the Criminoles and they debuted them before the FIU game at Fan Fest this past Saturday and let mejust say they are straight fire...the helmets and pants are sick.

UFL_Pro_Combat_CHEST_hiRes.jpg

UFL_Pro_Combat_PANT_hiRes.jpg

UFL_Pro_Combat_HELMET_Right_hiRes.jpg

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

College Gameday is coming to Gainesville this week...any sign ideas? The suckfest that will surround Tebow's last home game at the Swamp will be unbearable...
sick.gif
sick.gif
It's bad when Florida fans/students even realize that
smh.gif
laugh.gif

It's true though...it'll be at an all-time high this entire week. Ok, he'll go down as the best/most decorated college player in school/SEC/maybeeven all of college football history, but the way these people worship him down here is downright ridiculous...you would have thought their first-born childdied when he went down in that Kentucky game with a concussion.

And for the record, Percy Harvin and Reggie Nelson have been the best players I've seen play in person since I've been down here, my these last fouryears have flew by
frown.gif
And I liked Leak better than Tebow cause Chris had to overcome a lot while being the QB at this school...he wasn't handed everythingon a silver platter like Timmy was.

And people say that Oregon's uni's are ugly?
eyes.gif

The jersey and helmet look great, but the pants are
sick.gif
sick.gif

The Florida white helmets have always been
smokin.gif

The jerseys look ok, don't like the flywire on the shoulder. Pants are pants.

Originally Posted by JayGunnA

laugh.gif
that was a classic

I cracked up about CLKs moshin for about 10 mins

this dude Wes Brown (DT) whos been at UT for 5 yrs and had like 5 knee injuries, picked a pass off and dragged a RB like 15 yards for a TD the entire situation was comedy

edit

btw LSU freak turned it into a Mario Brothers Gif... I gotta find it
Gotta right here for you sir.
2vlwfu8.gif

Tim Tebow is going to ascend to heaven Saturday night. The Almighty wants his son to take his place by him.

Glad to see that people didn't forget about Chris Leak. Seems that everything B.T. (Before Tebow) never existed.

Another program bites the dust. Granted they were doing terrible, I would like to see the numbers for sports not basketball and hockey and Northeastern and whythey haven't been cut as of yet since they also are a lot to maintain and probably draw less than football. Politics.
[h2]Too costly, football done at Northeastern[/h2]

Comment Email Print ESPN.com news services

BOSTON -- Northeastern University is dropping its football program after 74 years, saying it's too expensive to maintain.

President Joseph Aoun and the board of trustees endorsed the move Friday after a two-year review of the Boston school's sports programs by athletic director Peter Roby.

The program's 87 players and 10 coaches learned of the program's demise Sunday night at a meeting on campus with Roby, a day after the Football Championship Subdivision team (formerly Division I-AA) won its final game 33-27 at Rhode Island.

The Huskies won their final two games to finish 3-8, their sixth consecutive losing season.
"
The decision is consistent with the university's strategic approach to prioritize programs and invest in signature strengths.
" -- Northeastern, which recently added $10 million in upgrades to its hockey/basketball arena

The school will honor team members' athletic scholarships.

Northeastern, which began playing football in 1933, had an all-time record of 289-364-17.

The school made the announcement on its Web site Monday.

According to the statement, Roby made the initial recommendation.

"The decision is consistent with the university's strategic approach to prioritize programs and invest in signature strengths," the school said.

The school recently renovated Matthews Arena, home to its hockey and basketball teams, at a cost of more than $10 million.

Huskies football hasn't had a winning season since 2003, when it went 8-4. Its record since is 20-47. Northeastern has played since 1933, with the exception of the war years from 1943-1945.

According to The Boston Globe, the team averaged fewer than 1,600 fans per game at Parsons Field this season.

"Our goal for athletics is to achieve sustainable excellence in all areas," Roby said in an open letter to the Northeastern community, according to the statement. "We do not define success merely through wins and losses. Instead, we recognize that success comes from creating a positive student-athlete experience. The primary motivation for this decision was based on the significant obstacles to providing this experience for our football players."

In 1997, Boston University, which played at the same level as Northeastern, disbanded its football program.

According to the statement, a committee including trustees, faculty, students, alumni and donors has been studying the athletic programs since early 2007.

"Ultimately it was determined that elevating and sustaining a competitive Division I football program would require additional multimillion dollar investments on an ongoing basis," the statement said. "A broad consensus developed behind discontinuing football and focusing future resources on programs -- both academic and non-academic -- where the university can achieve and sustain leadership."

Information from The Associated Press and ESPNBoston.com was used in this report.

I used to love watching chris leak play. i'm convinced the only plays on his wristband were shovel pass, scramble, reverse, bomb
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Lazy B

Tim Tebow is going to ascend to heaven Saturday night. The Almighty wants his son to take his place by him.

Glad to see that people didn't forget about Chris Leak. Seems that everything B.T. (Before Tebow) never existed.

Another program bites the dust. Granted they were doing terrible, I would like to see the numbers for sports not basketball and hockey and Northeastern and why they haven't been cut as of yet since they also are a lot to maintain and probably draw less than football. Politics.

i had friends who played on this team and everybody is pretty bummed. sad days
frown.gif

That speech on the field by the coach from Uconn.
frown.gif

Great ending for those guys in that game, props to them.

Anyone ever tried to get that LSUfreek on NT? He would be a riot.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom