09 Real Deal College Football Discussion/No Homers - Lets geh geh GET IT!

laugh.gif
i cant wait to see Boise shock everyone and win by 2+ TDs

Trelvis gonna be on suicide watch
roll.gif

Originally Posted by zs05wc

Richard Ash to UofM.
Dude has a very impressive offer list. That's a good get. Rich Rod stays getting Florida kids.
pimp.gif

Florida natives, what's the scouting report on this cat?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by antoekneeo

Where does everyone think Benn will go in the draft?
It's hard to say with his lack of production (I blame the QBs more than anything), but I think he has a chance to be one of the biggest stealsin the draft.

He has the most potential/upside of any WR not named Dez Bryant in this class IMO.

Originally Posted by Nako XL

Trelvis gonna be on suicide watch
roll.gif
No lie, I will be
roll.gif
I will be at the game and I dont want tosee my Frogs lose.

Just dont see it happening though. We aint Oregon.

Should be a good game. #1 Defense against the #1 scoring offense. TCU actually has a offense this year though, and I dont see Boise States defense shutting usdown.

The Frogs only won by 1 point last season, but dominated in the stats.

TCU 28 first downs to Boise's 15
TCU 275 rushing yards compared to Boise's 28
TCU 472 total yards to Boise's 250

I expect the same this time around but TCU will put up ALOT more points.

Originally Posted by JONFARR

Originally Posted by airblaster503

Originally Posted by JONFARR

Originally Posted by airblaster503

Originally Posted by ACE BOMBER

Originally Posted by Chester the Cheetah

Gotta give props to the Beavs - dudes are playing a hell of a schedule next season.

you gotta love their courage
laugh.gif
i don't even know who their starting QB is gonna be though...? so i could def see them struggling. then BSU fans are gonna say how they own the pac 10
eyes.gif
frown.gif
smh.gif

Beavers next year schedule
pimp.gif
. Starting QB should be Ryan Katz at this point, but we will just have to see. If they can somehow come out and win those out of conference games, they might join Oregon in the top 10 maybe even 5 before conference play.
There is still a chance for Lyle to come back. They are going to petition for a medical redshirt, although it is highly unlikely. Also, it is rumored that Bob De Carolis is interested in the Michigan AD job.

I am looking forward to heading down to see the Cardinals play the Stros and Beavers @ the Jerry Dome all in one week.

Please don't tell me you want Lyle to come back. Dude isn't good at all. He is to short, slow, fat, and is a average passer at best. We have dudes like Katz, dude from Virginia, and Lomax who all could start over him. That being said I don't think there is a chance that Lyle comes back.
I am not for Lyle, but don't you dare mention Lomax, especially as a starter over him
roll.gif
and Virgina is Peter Lalich. As long as they throw out a QB who can complete passes they will be just as strong of an offense with a more expirenced oline. Should be a fun ooc schedule to watch.

Haha yea I haven't seen much of Lomax so I don't know about him. Katz has looked decent from what I have seen so far this season, seems to have a goodarm and a little bit more mobile than Canfield. Either way like you said we just need someone who is accurate and can complete passes, especially with thato-line and what looks to be a good recieving group returning.

Texas joining the big 12?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/3...xpansion-texas
------------

Recently, as a result of comments by Wisconsin A.D. Barry Alvarez, rumors and discussion about the Big Ten adding a 12th team have abounded. Most of theserumors involve a certain school from South Bend; the rest generally involve the conference looking East (at Rutgers, Syracuse, or Pitt) or west (at Mizzou,Nebraska, or Iowa State).

However, the best candidate for expansion may not have received any press at all yet, due largely to their isolation from the rest of the conference: the TexasLonghorns.

While this may be a surprising suggestion to many, Texas is, even with the geographic barrier, the strongest possible candidate for the conference, even moreso than the Fighting Irish. Texas has every factor the conference is looking for: strong teams in all sports (both men's and women's), strongacademics, and perhaps the most important factor, huge drawing power which will benefit both Texas and the conference financially.

Texas is generally regarded to be one of the best sports programs in the nation. The school currently is ranked in the top five in football, men'sbasketball, women's volleyball, and men's and women's swimming and they are expected to rank highly in men's tennis, men's and women'strack, and baseball as well. The Longhorns football team is undefeated and playing for a national title, certainly a desirable position for any program.

They've also managed to build up some repertoire with Ohio State over the past five years and have a series scheduled against Minnesota in the future. TheLonghorns also benefit from the Big Ten's better bowl tie-ins, including births in the Rose Bowl, the Capital One Bowl, and the Alamo Bowl close to home ifthe Horns happen to have an off-year.

Academically, Texas fits better than any school mentioned yet for expansion, including Notre Dame. Texas' US News ranking is 47, which is equal with PennState and higher than six current members, but UT ranks in the top 25 in just about every individual subject area measured.

They are also, unlike Notre Dame, a member of AAU, a current requirement for Big Ten membership (and one far more likely to stand than any geographic rules),and are an RU/VH university in the Carnegie classifications, just like every current member of the Big Ten, signifying very high research activity. As a large,public, flagship research university with a national reputation, Texas is exactly the sort of school the Big Ten wants to associate with.

Texas' biggest argument, however, is economical. The Longhorns, very simply, are the biggest brand name in sports right now, having surpassed the BigTen's own Ohio State, according to a recent article by John Maher in theAustin American-Statesman.

The Longhorns are one of the few athletic departments in the country who not only do not lose money, but in fact give money to the school's academicdepartments.

Tickets to a game against the Longhorns in Ann Arbor or Columbus, and even in Bloomington or Iowa City, would be snapped up in a heartbeat and the same thingwould hold true for teams visiting Austin. The travel costs would increase, but the increased revenues would more than outweigh the raise.

Texas has a strong national fanbase and would be able to sell 4,000 tickets for any conference away game and, though it might be more difficult, would likelybe able to sell 19,000 tickets for a championship game in Detroit or Indianapolis. The biggest argument, however, is for television revenue.

The Longhorns have been looking at the posibility of creating a national cable network to gain more exposure and revenue outside their home base of Texas, butwith the Big Ten Network, the Longhorns have a perfect match: a place to showcase their non-revenue sports and the occasional football mismatch, eventscurrently relegated to local television stations in Texas.

Texas also brings three of the largest media markets in the country-Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston, and San Antonio. The Longhorns dominate these markets incollege football and the Big Ten could really benefit from the addition of three strong media markets.

There are of course, two main arguments against looking at the Horns: one is, of course, geography. The Horns' farthest opponent in the Big 12 is closerthan the closest Big Ten team and current Big Ten rules require teams to come from states that are home to or else border current members. However, the extramoney the Longhorns bring, plus the exciting rivalries likely to develop, will more than outweigh this argument.

The other is, of course, the fact that the Longhorns are already in a conference and quite comfortable in it. While this is true, Texas has no lasting love forthe Big 12. The conference was a shotgun marriage and while Texas has certainly made the best of it, they've not developed any significant rivalries theydidn't already possess, except perhaps Kansas in basketball. Texas could still play Oklahoma and Texas A&M annually in non-conference and have room fortwo buyout games.

One other key factor in adding Texas, rather than most other suggested school, is that it gives the conference a clear geographic divisional breakdown, withTexas joining Iowa, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois, and Northwestern in the West Division and Ohio State, Penn State, Michigan, Michigan State, Indiana, andPurdue in the East.

While the Eastern Division sounds more loaded based on the names of the programs, the West actually provides five bowl teams, including the best team in thefuture conference, the third-best, and the fifth best. Only three of the schools in the East would have been bowling this year. Also, the Big Ten can finallyhave a championship game at a domed NFL Stadium like Lucas Oil Stadium or Ford Field. The winner would almost be assured a spot in the championship game basedon the strength of the conference; Rose Bowl seasons would be considered failures.

Texas took a good, long look at the Big Ten in 1992, when the end of the SWC was imminent, but the geographic rule and the moratorium on further expansioninstituted after Penn State's admission, combined with in-state political pressure, kept the Horns from getting a serious look at expansion.

Now, the moratorium is gone, the politicians long since voted out of office, and the geographic rule insignificant. Texas looks like the Big Ten's bestshot at a 12th team capable of making the conference the most powerful in the nation.

i doubt the big XII will let the big ten get texas. It's their prized posession. If Notre Dame wont conform (which they probably won't) i'd likepitt. Are there any chances a MAC team gets in? it'd be cool bet would definitely degrade the big ten even more

Texas makes plenty of sense for the Big10...

The Big10 doesn't make sense for Texas...

Word is Ahmad Dixon will be in College Station for a visit with Sherman and the staff this weekend...
laugh.gif

Rumors about their potential new DC are all over the place, too... Phil Bennett, RC Slocum, Bob Davie...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Supposedly RC has been breaking down Georgia film withSherman at the A&M facilities and Joe Kines will retire shortly after the Bowl...

The Big Ten (11) should take either:

Cincinnati (although I doubt it now that Kelly is gone)
Pitt
Mizzou

Originally Posted by dr funk 13

The Big Ten (11) should take either:

Cincinnati (although I doubt it now that Kelly is gone)
Pitt
Mizzou

why does the Big 10 make sense for Cincy-basketball wise?

other then the last few years cincy football brings NOTHING to the table for the big 10, now there basketball program does but not football

you guys got to add in some things for a conference to add a team

-is its a strong TV market
-does the school bring in $$$
-academics
-how strong is the school all around sports program
It's gonna be Missouri... Watch.

BigXII replaces them with TCU or Arkansas and calls it a day.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

It's gonna be Missouri... Watch.

BigXII replaces them with TCU or Arkansas and calls it a day.

I can see Missouri being it too. Then it can make that Illinois/Mizzou game a conference game, and then the border war will just be an out of conference gamesimilar to the Georgia/GT or Florida/FSU

Logistically it would make sense if the Big XII grabbed TCU, but if they take Arkansas, who does the SEC get?

Memphis or So Miss are my only ideas, unless they can snatch back Georgia Tech

I was thinking Rutgers.

If the Big 12 loses Mizzou, it's gonna make it that much harder for them to get that network deal they been gunning for.

Originally Posted by Statis22

I was thinking Rutgers.

If the Big 12 loses Mizzou, it's gonna make it that much harder for them to get that network deal they been gunning for.

1.other then female bball what the hell does Rutgers bring to the table?

2.why would losing mizzou hurt the big 12 deal? the big money makers are still there. all of the texas schools,OU and Nebraska

Mizzou TV market cant be no bigger then Kansas

Dirk is right if Mizzou or colorado leaves TCU is getting that call.

which makes prefect sense because they bring EVERYTHING to the table a conference wants

Dirk you where right on what you told me a few months back

When the SWC collapsed years ago ....UT and TA&M were seriously entertaining thoughts of moving to the PAC 10...the Texas legislation, led by Governor Anne Richards ( who is a Baylor grad) and at the time a Texas legistlature that was dominated by Baylor grads basically told UT and TA&M that if they left the SWC that serious funding would be withheld and that is the reason why it did not happen and why the expansion to the Big 12 included Baylor ... remember Houston, TCU, SMU were all part of the SWC and Baylor is a small Christian university and Baylor was invited and those other Texas universities were not

laugh.gif
I told you Baylor screwed everything up... Texas and Colorado were going to the Pac10 and Texas A&M had their eyes on the SEC with Arkansas...

The Big XII as it's constructed makes no damn sense...

The Big XII's issue with losing Missouri is losing Learfield Sports along with it... Most of the Big XII has media/broadcasting contracts with them...Don't know how it would affect those relationships, but if the Big XII wants its own Network, Learfield would presumably play a huge role in that...

I know UH and TCU was terrible when the SWC broke apart. Arkansas probably make the most sense from the start but by them being in the SEC I don't know howthat would have worked out.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

laugh.gif
I told you Baylor screwed everything up... Texas and Colorado were going to the Pac10 and Texas A&M had their eyes on the SEC with Arkansas...

The Big XII as it's constructed makes no damn sense...

The Big XII's issue with losing Missouri is losing Learfield Sports along with it... Most of the Big XII has media/broadcasting contracts with them... Don't know how it would affect those relationships, but if the Big XII wants its own Network, Learfield would presumably play a huge role in that...

so what do you think the big 12 should look like presumably?

Back
Top Bottom