09 Real Deal College Football Discussion/No Homers - Lets geh geh GET IT!

Originally Posted by after h0urs

USC investigating Joe McKnight driving around in a Land Rover:

http://www.latimes.com/sp...9,0,2881407.story?page=1

Joe McKnight, star tailback of USC's football team, has been driving a sport utility vehicle owned by a Santa Monica businessman, an arrangement that the school is investigating and may be in violation of college rules.

The NCAA, which governs major college sports, prohibits student athletes from accepting benefits from marketing representatives or agents or "extra benefits" based on their athletic ability.

For several weeks, McKnight has been seen driving a well-kept 2006 Land Rover that, according to California Department of Motor Vehicles records, is registered to Scott Schenter.

Schenter, 47, has a background that includes marketing, and a company he owned registered a website called 4joemcknight.com. It is unclear whether Schenter has any ties with USC or the school had knowledge of his activities.

...Provided a document showing that Schenter had owned the domain 4joemcknight.com, the running back said, "I haven't done anything wrong. I'm just being a football player and a father to my child.

"I won't break any rules because I know if I do I can't get on the football field. I'm trying to keep my life secure and stay on the football field."

smh.gif
smh.gif

30ikpwg.jpg

Via ESPN:
[h2]Dunlap returns to Gators[/h2]

Associated Press

GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- Florida defensive end Carlos Dunlap is back with the team, back at practice and could be back in the starting lineup in the Allstate Sugar Bowl.

Rest of the article
Spoiler [+]
GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- Florida defensive end Carlos Dunlap is back with the team, back at practice and could be back in the starting lineup in the Allstate Sugar Bowl.

The Gators reinstated Dunlap on Friday, less than three weeks after he was arrested and charged with driving under the influence.

"He's going to play," Meyer said after practice. "I met with the administration, president and also the athletic director. His first mistake. It was a real serious one, but he paid a serious price as well. Real serious mistake, but he's been a good student, good person, and represented well."

Dunlap was arrested Dec. 1 after a Gainesville Police officer found the player passed out behind the wheel at an intersection. Meyer suspended Dunlap for the Southeastern Conference championship game, which the Gators lost 32-13 to Alabama.

Meyer said school president Bernie Machen and athletic director Jeremy Foley agreed Friday that Dunlap should be reinstated because it was his first time in trouble in three seasons.

"There was a lot of discussion, and like I said, the previous track record," Meyer said. "It's case by case. If there was another issue, then there'd be an issue. And there hasn't been, and that's what basically administration let me know. They let me know."

Dunlap, a 20-year-old junior from North Charleston, S.C., has a hearing scheduled for Jan. 21.

According to police, Dunlap was passed out through several traffic signals around 3:45 a.m. -- hours after a teammate's birthday party. An officer woke up Dunlap through a cracked window, but he kept falling back asleep.

Dunlap had watery and bloodshot eyes, the officer said, and there was a smell of alcohol. Dunlap failed a field sobriety test, refused a breath test and was arrested.

Dunlap, the defensive MVP of the Bowl Championship Series national title game in January, has 35 tackles and seven sacks this season.

Dunlap had been considered a top-10 pick in the NFL draft, and many expect him to leave school early in January.

Josh Furman should be deciding for Michigan any day now. Kid is 6-2, 200lbs and ran a couple of 4.36 laser timed 40's. He is going to be a LB/S hybrid inour D. Hope he can be football fast because our lbs our running in cement cleats out there.

Willis to Miami is damn near done deal. I will gladly trade Willis for Corey Lemonier, but if we dont get neither
smh.gif
smh.gif
sick.gif

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Ronald Powell has committed to florida?

Not yet. He tried to commit Thursday but espn 'couldn't fit him in last minute' (note Powell is playing in Army AA game - not affiliated withespn). Maybe today on espn news? But
wink.gif
at his timing withSeantrel on campus now.

Originally Posted by GTownBaller23

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Ronald Powell has committed to florida?

Not yet. He tried to commit Thursday but espn 'couldn't fit him in last minute' (note Powell is playing in Army AA game - not affiliated with espn). Maybe today on espn news? But
wink.gif
at his timing with Seantrel on campus now.

Please grab Seantrel and keep him the eff away from Columbus.

Originally Posted by Newbs24

Josh Furman should be deciding for Michigan any day now. Kid is 6-2, 200lbs and ran a couple of 4.36 laser timed 40's. He is going to be a LB/S hybrid in our D. Hope he can be football fast because our lbs our running in cement cleats out there.

smh.gif
I wanted him to come to VT. It came down to us and Michigan, but I 've known for a couple weeks now that he's going to Mich.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

who are yall Projected DL starters for the spring?

Depends if we go 3-4 or not.

We stay 4-3

White/Everett Dawkins
McCray
McDaniel
Brandon Jenkins

3-4

McDaniel
McCray
Dawkins

Gunna why did Vinson get the boot? My boy is a Vols fan was wanting to fill him in.

When are the Army AA and UA AA games?

Originally Posted by gatorb807

Gunna why did Vinson get the boot? My boy is a Vols fan was wanting to fill him in.

When are the Army AA and UA AA games?

GOt booted cus hes a Loser.
dude been to the academic review board 3 times in 3 yrs to be reinstated,
plus his name is involved in a drug deal/homicide with Ramar Smith.
he wasnt practicin hard and didnt take his film work seriously....

the real question was why wasnt he given the boot earlier

These Fres. St./Wyoming refs are %#!++#$ STUPID. How are you gonna call a penalty on a guy for pounding his chest after scoring a touchdown?!!? Dude didnt eventhrow the ball up or celebrate with his teammates. This ref needs to kill himself.

Back
Top Bottom