1/30/2011 WWE Royal Rumble - Alberto Del Rio Wins the Royal Rumble - dnycemodel Wins the NTWT Pool

Just watched Raw. Couple thoughts...

The Corre theme is not that terrible.... maybe I just like it b/c of that boss Wade Barrett.
Michael Tarver needs to be in Corre ASAP. Smooth, lurker Tarver is not working for me. He's supposed to be the angry black guy... plus Zeke clearly proved they need a black guy with mic skills.
If The Miz and John Cena both suffered very herniated discs after a suplex off the turnbuckle, I'd enjoy wrestling again.
Dolph Ziggler has been lame as hell ever since the Vickie angle started.
New Nexus is not the business.
Melina's flexibility is rather impressive... it gives me rather raunchy thoughts.
Finally... Gail Kim is to the Bella's as Nas is to Jay-Z. Laid out that ultimate ether, but at the end of the day she will still lose.

Originally Posted by TheWindScar31

trying to find a clean video of mason running to use as a gif. lol.

i thought i was the only one who was laughing at this
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by diew its james

laugh.gif

Still wasn't as funny as that time Batista was running to the ring.  That !*%# was an instant classic.  I know somebody has the gif.

Originally Posted by diew its james

laugh.gif

Still wasn't as funny as that time Batista was running to the ring.  That !*%# was an instant classic.  I know somebody has the gif.

Ric Flair Potentially Done with TNA
Ric Flair had a blow-up after the house show in Dublin, Ireland yesterday and did not appear at today's show in Berlin, Germany.

We don't have a lot of details but Flair was asking for an advanced draw (cash advance) on the road and was turned down.  At that point he refused to get on the bus to the airport, to fly to Germany.  The bus left without him.

It is not known if Flair will rejoin the tour tomorrow or if he will or has flown home.  If it's the latter, it could signal the end of him with the company. 

Situations between Flair and TNA management had built up in recent weeks although nobody could point to exact reasons why.  Flair was always described as "teflon man" in the sense he was able to get away with things that nobody else could because he was Ric Flair.

Ric Flair Potentially Done with TNA
Ric Flair had a blow-up after the house show in Dublin, Ireland yesterday and did not appear at today's show in Berlin, Germany.

We don't have a lot of details but Flair was asking for an advanced draw (cash advance) on the road and was turned down.  At that point he refused to get on the bus to the airport, to fly to Germany.  The bus left without him.

It is not known if Flair will rejoin the tour tomorrow or if he will or has flown home.  If it's the latter, it could signal the end of him with the company. 

Situations between Flair and TNA management had built up in recent weeks although nobody could point to exact reasons why.  Flair was always described as "teflon man" in the sense he was able to get away with things that nobody else could because he was Ric Flair.

Spoilers for the go-home show for SmackDown.

Spoiler [+]
* The show opens with footage of what happened with The Corre on last week's show.

* Vickie Guerrero comes out to massive heat. Randy Orton comes out to confront her and later Dolph Ziggler. They promote their upcoming tag team match for later tonight

* LayCool come out and are attacked by Kelly Kelly and Aksana. This leads to LayCool over Kelly Kelly & Aksana.

*Drew McIntyre defeated JTG. Kelly Kelly was on commentary for the match. McIntyre got a decent pop. McIntyre reversed a backslide and hit the Future Shock for the win. He left the ring with Kelly Kelly standing in the ring watching him.

* Backstage, "Dashing" Cody Rhodes will not show his face because he says Rey Mysterio broke his nose. He says he'll be unable to compete in the Royal Rumble.

* Backstage, World Heavyweight Champion Edge is interviewed about The Corre and tonight's main event.

* Alberto Del Rio comes out in a convertible Mercedes Benz and is announced by Ricardo Rodriguez. It's time for a top rope challenge. Del Rio throws out two unidentified jobbers and out comes Kane. Kofi Kingston is the next competitor out and he eliminates both Kane and Del Rio.

* This somehow leads to Rey Mysterio and Kofi Kingston fighting Alberto Del Rio and Kane. Vickie Guerrero comes out and declares it an official tag team match.

*Rey Mysterio and Kofi Kingston defeated Kane and Alberto Del Rio.

There was dissension between Alberto and Kane, who hit Del Rio and then left. The faces double teamed Alberto. Rey hit 619 into Kofi's Trouble in Paradise. Kofi pinned Del Rio to win the match for his team. A main event type match.

* Big Show cuts a promo but The Corre come out in new t-shirts. This leads to Show vs. Heath Slater. Show makes easy work of him, hitting a chokeslam and getting the three count. After the match, Ezekiel Jackson and The Corre take out Big Show. Babyfaces from Raw and Smackdown come out and make the save. The Corree is ran off by Santino Marella, Vladimir Kozlov, Daniel Bryan, Chris Masters and R-Truth

* WWE Champion The Miz w/Alex Riley & Dolph Ziggler w/Vickie Guerrero vs. World Heavyweight Champion Edge & Randy Orton. Winners after Edge hit a Spear on Dolph Zigger, Edge & Randy Orton. After the match Vickie Guerrero gets on the mic and says from this point forward the spear is banned. If Edge uses it at Royal Rumble on Sunday, the World Heavyweight Championship will go to Dolph Ziggler. Edge's music hits the end the show.

Spoilers for the go-home show for SmackDown.

Spoiler [+]
* The show opens with footage of what happened with The Corre on last week's show.

* Vickie Guerrero comes out to massive heat. Randy Orton comes out to confront her and later Dolph Ziggler. They promote their upcoming tag team match for later tonight

* LayCool come out and are attacked by Kelly Kelly and Aksana. This leads to LayCool over Kelly Kelly & Aksana.

*Drew McIntyre defeated JTG. Kelly Kelly was on commentary for the match. McIntyre got a decent pop. McIntyre reversed a backslide and hit the Future Shock for the win. He left the ring with Kelly Kelly standing in the ring watching him.

* Backstage, "Dashing" Cody Rhodes will not show his face because he says Rey Mysterio broke his nose. He says he'll be unable to compete in the Royal Rumble.

* Backstage, World Heavyweight Champion Edge is interviewed about The Corre and tonight's main event.

* Alberto Del Rio comes out in a convertible Mercedes Benz and is announced by Ricardo Rodriguez. It's time for a top rope challenge. Del Rio throws out two unidentified jobbers and out comes Kane. Kofi Kingston is the next competitor out and he eliminates both Kane and Del Rio.

* This somehow leads to Rey Mysterio and Kofi Kingston fighting Alberto Del Rio and Kane. Vickie Guerrero comes out and declares it an official tag team match.

*Rey Mysterio and Kofi Kingston defeated Kane and Alberto Del Rio.

There was dissension between Alberto and Kane, who hit Del Rio and then left. The faces double teamed Alberto. Rey hit 619 into Kofi's Trouble in Paradise. Kofi pinned Del Rio to win the match for his team. A main event type match.

* Big Show cuts a promo but The Corre come out in new t-shirts. This leads to Show vs. Heath Slater. Show makes easy work of him, hitting a chokeslam and getting the three count. After the match, Ezekiel Jackson and The Corre take out Big Show. Babyfaces from Raw and Smackdown come out and make the save. The Corree is ran off by Santino Marella, Vladimir Kozlov, Daniel Bryan, Chris Masters and R-Truth

* WWE Champion The Miz w/Alex Riley & Dolph Ziggler w/Vickie Guerrero vs. World Heavyweight Champion Edge & Randy Orton. Winners after Edge hit a Spear on Dolph Zigger, Edge & Randy Orton. After the match Vickie Guerrero gets on the mic and says from this point forward the spear is banned. If Edge uses it at Royal Rumble on Sunday, the World Heavyweight Championship will go to Dolph Ziggler. Edge's music hits the end the show.

Just got home from the tapings. Show was so-so. The match of the night was a tag match between kofi/rey vs. kane/del rio. They went for about 20 mins.

Del Rio's swag live.
eek.gif
smokin.gif

It's ridiculous how over Rey and Kofi are with the kids. R-Truth and JTG got huge pops too.
30t6p3b.gif

Nunzio reffed a dark match between Percey Watson and Chavo.
laugh.gif

Just got home from the tapings. Show was so-so. The match of the night was a tag match between kofi/rey vs. kane/del rio. They went for about 20 mins.

Del Rio's swag live.
eek.gif
smokin.gif

It's ridiculous how over Rey and Kofi are with the kids. R-Truth and JTG got huge pops too.
30t6p3b.gif

Nunzio reffed a dark match between Percey Watson and Chavo.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom